• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Host Wants Blackberry Balsamic Pork Stir-Fry Salad

In summary, the recipe for Sauce and Pork calls for a boning knife but many people don't have one, so they use a 5" utility knife. The recipe also calls for slicing the meat, cucumber, carrot, and spinach. The ingredients can be prepped in advance and the sauce can be made ahead of time. The recipe is good but expensive and the host needs to buy the sauce.
byrd1956
Gold Member
and I have not made it nor do I have the Blackberry Balsamic sauce, so I guess I'll have to put in an ordere asap. I have checked the recipe and have a question.
What does Sauce & Pork mean? I understand the sauce part and the pork part, but &amp?? Every place I have found this recipe online it says that with no explaination.
Has anyone made this? If so, what do you think?

so I answered my first question...it is a typo on every site, even in consultant corner, but when I went to the link w/recipes from the e-newsletter it is correct. So for my second question, has anyone made this? I do not have a boning knife. How well would the chef's knife or even the tomato knife work?

Last edited:
I made that a couple weeks ago and it was very good.

I guess my only thought is...why are you agreeing to make this recipe for her? :eek: lol I'd be too nervous to offer a recipe that I've never made before or tasted and don't have the special sauce for. It is a good recipe, though. ;) I'm such a people-pleaser though, and probably could see myself getting caught in a situation like this. But looking at it from the outside, I just feel like supporting you and saying...stick to what you know and feel comfortable with. :D Good luck!

If the show is coming up soon, I would be honest and tell her that you have never made it before, and that you dont even have th sauce. We cant guarantee how long a supply order will take to arrive.

It would be one thing if you have several weeks to get the supplies and to practice.

Can you get some sauce from your local cluster or consultants?? If so, you could practice it quickly enough.

The show isn't until the 19th. so I figure I will make time to try the recipe and I have a supply order almost ready to go. I have been known to 'fly by the seat of my pants' before, but usually not at a show.;)
I watched a consultant demo a show at a meeting before and found out she never practices her recipes. She had not done the recipe she demoed for us at the meeting and actually did fine. She is a very funny person and kept us quite entertained.

Can you get some sauce from your local cluster or consultants?? If so, you could practice it quickly enough.[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking if I don't get my order in soon I'll be calling my director

That's not too bad.. That's two weeks away. You will probably be fine then!Me...I had a recipe on my Theme Show list that I have never made, and of course, that was the one my Saturday-host wanted! I had to google search it to even find the recipe! (It was a theme show list I got from someone else.) But I got the ingredients today and made it for my family, now i'm good to go.

In reading the recipe and directions, it actually sounds like a good show demo if her kitchen is set up with an island cooktop. Definitely don't want to be stuck in the corner at a stove with your back to everyone!

In making this recipe for a show, I'd suggest your preslice all but about 5 strawberries, have the cucumber half sliced, the carrot peeled and ready to go, as well as the spinach. Then you also want to be sure your meat is sliced and ready to cook.

If you do these things, your demo should go quickly and the food will be fabulous.

As for needing a boning knife, I don't have one so I just use my 5" utility knife and it works fine.

I LOVE this recipe. I did it as a demo at one show. I used the 5" Utility Knife, also (PCHOCKEY). This is about the best sauce we have, but expensive. It takes almost a whole bottle for the recipe. I am not planning on offering it as a demo anymore unless they want to buy the sauce ($12). HOWEVER, in my newsletter I promoted that particular sauce as an extra HOST SPECIAL from me for 1/2 off if they host in May or June. If someone asks again for this demo, I'll offer to front the bottle of sauce at their 1/2 price.

lol - I always test out a recipe beforehand so I make sure there aren't any other tools I might need that would help out in the recipe and increase my sales. Plus, I take three times as long at a new recipe than if I've tried it before ;)

ended up using a small part of sauce to try @ home & saved the rest for show..
everyone loved it. Wish I could have purchased 2 bottles on the supply order.....

1. How do I make the blackberry balsamic pork marinade for the stir-fry salad?

To make the marinade, you will need blackberry jam, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, olive oil, and garlic. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk until well combined. Pour over sliced pork and marinate for at least 30 minutes before cooking.

2. Can I use a different type of protein in the stir-fry salad?

Yes, you can use any protein of your choice, such as chicken, beef, or tofu. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

3. Do I have to use blackberry jam or can I substitute with another type of jam?

You can substitute with any jam of your choice, but keep in mind that it will alter the flavor of the marinade. For a similar flavor profile, you can use raspberry or cranberry jam.

4. How long should I cook the pork for in the stir-fry salad?

Cook the pork for about 5-6 minutes on each side, or until it reaches an internal temperature of 145°F. Make sure to cut the pork into thin slices before cooking for even and quick cooking.

5. Can I make this stir-fry salad ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the pork and marinade ahead of time and store it in the fridge for up to 24 hours. However, it is best to assemble the salad right before serving to prevent the greens from wilting.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ngrawer
  • heatherstobbs
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
heatherstobbs
  • chefinbiz
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies