• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Quick & Easy Halloween Recipes for Your TV Show

less than stellar.Re: HalloweenI made the cake in a fluted stone, and used a disposable piping bag to pipe the orange frosting. I bought the ice cream cones and just added the frosting to the top.
Pampered Angel
Host wants a Halloween themed recipe. Any suggestion? I have a few things, but none of them really show off many products, and the ones that do take too long to make for a show...

Re: HalloweenBake 2 cakes in fluted stone, glue bottoms together with icing & frost like a jack-o-lantern (fluted stone, bowl for mixing cake batter, EAD for frosting borders & pumpkins made out of frosting, platter for serving cake, spatula for spreading frosting). Pumpkin bars in large bar pan; brownies with candy corn in them, the new fall risotto with pumpkin in it - shows cookware; serve it in stoneware; QSP for Halloween Punch or serve in bowl of Trifle Bowl or Salad Spinner. Orange and black (use black icing color in chocolate flavored sugar cookie dough & twist 2 colors of dough together. Roll into logs & refrigerate. Slice and bake on stoneware. Bring cookie dough from home & take home dough prepared at show to replace it. Does that help?

Re: HalloweenYou can make the graveyard cake utilizing the MFP and mixing bowl, EAD or decorator bottle set, & put it in the DCB (in this picture it's in the rectangular baker.)

Here's the recipe I love the best of all the "dirt cake" recipes out there:

1 1/4 lb package Oreo's (crushed in the MFP)
1/2 stick butter
8 oz Cream cheese
1 cup powdered sugar
12 oz Cool Whip
3 1/2 cups milk
2 small packages of French Vanilla instant pudding

Set aside the crushed cookies. Cream together the butter, cream cheese, & powdered sugar. Mix together milk, pudding mix & whipped topping. Blend together creamed mixture & pudding mixture.

Alternate layers in pan of choice: start with crushed cookie crumbs then pudding layer, repeat again as desired and end with crushed cookies on top.

Decorate with candy corn, Pepperidge Farm cookies for the tombstones, and candy pumpkins. Can use EAD with orange frosting and the decorator bottle set to do the RIP on the tombstones.

Then last year someone shared on here a Candy Corn inspired Trifle recipe. I made that in the picture. Also, I made a pumpkin cake. I cut up Hershey bars to make the face though, because great decorator I am not! :D

Attachments

• IMG_0932.jpg
    IMG_0932.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 502
  • IMG_2489.jpg
    IMG_2489.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 513
Re: HalloweenBloody Mary's (virgin or not)

and "finger foods" (dips and tastings)

Re: HalloweenLOVE the Pumpkin! Totally gonna do that!!!

Re: Halloween
babywings76 said:
You can make the graveyard cake utilizing the MFP and mixing bowl, EAD or decorator bottle set, & put it in the DCB (in this picture it's in the rectangular baker.)

Here's the recipe I love the best of all the "dirt cake" recipes out there:

1 1/4 lb package Oreo's (crushed in the MFP)
1/2 stick butter
8 oz Cream cheese
1 cup powdered sugar
12 oz Cool Whip
3 1/2 cups milk
2 small packages of French Vanilla instant pudding

Set aside the crushed cookies. Cream together the butter, cream cheese, & powdered sugar. Mix together milk, pudding mix & whipped topping. Blend together creamed mixture & pudding mixture.

Alternate layers in pan of choice: start with crushed cookie crumbs then pudding layer, repeat again as desired and end with crushed cookies on top.

Decorate with candy corn, Pepperidge Farm cookies for the tombstones, and candy pumpkins. Can use EAD with orange frosting and the decorator bottle set to do the RIP on the tombstones.

Then last year someone shared on here a Candy Corn inspired Trifle recipe. I made that in the picture. Also, I made a pumpkin cake. I cut up Hershey bars to make the face though, because great decorator I am not! :D

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE those ideas! You have to tell me how you made that precious pumpkin cake!!!

Re: HalloweenWhat's in the trifle bowl? Is that cake, pudding and whipped cream? I LOVE the pumpkin! I'm going to try that tonight!!!

Attachments

• IMG_2489.jpg
    IMG_2489.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 504
Re: HalloweenOur #3 kiddo was born on Halloween, so I'm doomed to relive these recipes and search for more to make each year. :D

I'm trying to remember if that pumpkin was one layer or two. I just used a box mix and bake it in the fluted stone. Then I just added orange gel food coloring to white frosting until it was the shade of orange I liked. I bought the ice cream cones that are different colors. If I was a better cake decorator, I might've tried to make leaves and the little green tendrils that some people do at the top by the "stem". One year I couldn't find the green cones and had to make green frosting and just put it on a cone...that looked pretty messy, but it was okay. I cut up Hershey Bars into the pieces needed to make the face, much easier than trying to make it out of frosting (like I tried to do last year that ended up hideous!)

As a side note: the year before I did 2 cakes and stacked them, but the cakes gave me trouble in the middle where they meet. There was a gap that I had to fill with frosting. I was in a rush that year and didn't think about it until after I started frosting it, that I should've cut the cakes to make them flat where they'd touch so there wouldn't be a gap. Anyway...I can't remember if this is just one layer or if I actually trimmed the cakes to make them fit nicely. Let me think about it and look at my pan and see if I can tell... :D

The trifle was taken from a blog I found last year where she made individual little trifles:
http://www.confessionsofacookbookqueen.com/2010/10/candy-corn-mini-trifles/

http://confessionsofacookbookqueen.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/5075804996_8813c9c563.jpg
INGREDIENTS

Box of yellow cake mix, plus oil, eggs and water needed to prepare
Yellow food coloring
2 (4 serving size) boxes instant vanilla pudding, plus milk needed to prepare
Orange food coloring
8 oz tub Cool Whip, thawed
2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, softened to room temperature
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
Candy Corn

Prepare cake batter according to instructions, adding yellow food coloring during mixing. Pour batter into a 9x13 inch pan and bake and cool according to box directions.

Prepare instant pudding according to directions on box, adding enough orange color to make it a bright orange. Place pudding in the refrigerator while you prepare the topping.

In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Mix in the Cool Whip until well blended.

Crumble the yellow cake into an even layer in the bottom of each mini trifle bowl. Remove the pudding from the refrigerator and spoon on top of cake layer. Smooth out with the back of your spoon. Pipe whipped topping/cream cheese layer on top with a large star tip. Or, just spoon it on. No one will care.

Top with a candy corn.

Re: HalloweenI made a variation on the S'more Cups (Simply Sweet cookbook and October's recipe on our calendars this year :) )
Followed the recipe except for the top, instead of dipping in regular chocolate I used melting candy disc things in orange - and dipped in those - then sprinkled with chocolate sprinkles.
Picture attached.... if I did that right.

Attachments

• SmoresCups.jpg
    SmoresCups.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 556
Re: HalloweenOh, I LOVE the Candy Corn Trifle idea!! And I love the variation of the Smores cups!! Thanks! Putting in my halloween file!

1. What types of recipes do you recommend for a Halloween-themed TV show?

For a Halloween-themed TV show, we recommend quick and easy recipes that are both festive and delicious. Some popular options include spooky appetizers like mummy dogs or deviled eggs with an eerie twist, creative pumpkin-shaped desserts, and themed cocktails or mocktails.

2. Can you provide some kid-friendly Halloween recipes for the show?

Absolutely! We have a variety of fun and easy recipes that are perfect for kids. Some options include ghostly banana pops, monster mouth sandwiches, and candy corn fruit cups. These recipes are not only delicious, but they also provide a great opportunity for kids to get involved in the kitchen.

3. Are there any vegetarian or vegan options for Halloween recipes?

Yes, there are plenty of vegetarian and vegan options for Halloween recipes. Some ideas include stuffed bell peppers with a spooky face, jack-o-lantern quesadillas, and mummy veggie wraps. These recipes are not only tasty, but they also cater to different dietary restrictions.

4. Do you have any suggestions for quick and easy Halloween recipes that can be made ahead of time?

Definitely! We understand the importance of being prepared for a TV show, so we have several make-ahead Halloween recipes that will save you time and stress. Some options include pumpkin spice snack mix, mummy pizzas, and spooky trail mix. These recipes can be made a day or two in advance and stored in the fridge until needed.

5. Can you recommend any recipes that are budget-friendly for a TV show?

Yes, we believe that delicious Halloween recipes don't have to break the bank. Some budget-friendly options include mini spider pizzas, ghostly pretzel rods, and witch's brew punch. These recipes use affordable ingredients and can easily be adapted to feed a large audience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smilesarepriceless
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
janezapchef
Replies
Views
Windy City Pampered Chef
  • DebPC
  • Products and Tips
Replies