• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Host Wants a Banana Split Trifle

In summary, my host for next week just called and wants a banana split trifle. I found a recipe on here in the archives using vanilla wafers. Has anyone used a type of cake? We will not have the 2-3 hours necessary for the wafers to soften. I am open to ideas or suggestions and obviously need help!!
otisbg
Gold Member
My host for next week just called and wants a banana split trifle. I found a recipe on here in the archives using vanilla wafers. Has anyone used a type of cake? We will not have the 2-3 hours necessary for the wafers to soften. I am open to ideas or suggestions and obviously need help!!:sing:
Would a yellow cake work? Or does someone have a recipe similar to what she has in mind?

You could try twinkies!

Pound cake is usually a good substitute and works well with most trifles.

bring the trifle pre made, and show how with the lid, how easy it is to transport it over other trifle bowls

You all never let me down.
I cannot take it premade as I will be coming from work at 5pm and changing clothes and heading back out for a 6:30pm show....good option I will use when time is not so tight. I like the twinkie idea alot....also the pound cake. A friend said angel food cake but that seems too bland - no?

The cake itself doesn't really lend too much flavor to the trifle. The pound cake is much denser than angel food cake, so it won't flatten as much under the weight of all the other ingredients. Not that big of a deal when you're going to be serving it right away, but might affect the final presentation.

otisbg said:
You all never let me down.
I cannot take it premade as I will be coming from work at 5pm and changing clothes and heading back out for a 6:30pm show....good option I will use when time is not so tight. I like the twinkie idea alot....also the pound cake. A friend said angel food cake but that seems too bland - no?

I'm taking that to mean you'll be running home to change clothes. If so, you could make the trifle the night before. Trifles usually taste better if they are allowed to 'set' for a few hours, anyway.

If the trifle is a major part of your demo, though, then the pound cake would probably be the best idea (Twinkies would be original, but I'm thinking they'd end up being squishier and soggier than angel food cake).

When I did my Banana Split Trifle, I based it off of the old Banana Split Brownie Pizza from YEARS ago. The pizza used a brownie base, so I use brownies in my Banana Split Trifle.

Yummmm! Brownies w/ the banana split trifle sound great!
Okay so I am doing a party monday night and came up with an idea for a trifle.....
What do ya'll think?
I am going to do brownie layer...and then I will do Oreo pudding w/Cool Whip, then crushed Oreo's and then repeat!
This party is at my mom's house! It is only my 3rd show and I want to make something special for her helping me get my business started!
I think it will turn out super yummy! I sure hope so!
and I plan to make it the night before...
What do ya'll think? Will this be yummy?
~Abigail

abigailhutch said:
I am going to do brownie layer...and then I will do Oreo pudding w/Cool Whip, then crushed Oreo's and then repeat!

I think it will turn out super yummy! I sure hope so!
and I plan to make it the night before...
What do ya'll think? Will this be yummy?
~Abigail

I've made a trifle just like this before and it was AWESOME!!!
I used the EAD to make the top of it really pretty with 1/2 oreo's protruding out!! It was a hit!!!

pampcheflisa said:
I've made a trifle just like this before and it was AWESOME!!!
I used the EAD to make the top of it really pretty with 1/2 oreo's protruding out!! It was a hit!!!

Ohhhhh great idea Lisa!!!! I will definitely do that! It will make it soooo cute!!!! :balloon:

Personally I like to put the trifle together AT the show so that people see how quick and easy they are to put together. Talking about the lid/transport is just as effective as showing it and if you brought a beautiful dish already made some people would think "I could never do that" but if you show them how it's done they are more likely to buy the bowl and give it a try.

If you are doing another recipe you could do all the prep that you can ahead of time (make the brownie/cake at home) and assemble while the other recipe cooks.

That is exactly what I am choosing to do and will use the brownies, made at home. She only wanted desserts so we will do the mini-carrot cake cups too and have every one doing something. She has a tiny microwave so the DCB is not an option which made me sad as I love doing recipes in there...but, ya can't always get what you want......:sing:

What is a Banana Split Trifle?

A Banana Split Trifle is a layered dessert made with bananas, vanilla pudding, whipped cream, and other delicious toppings. It is a twist on the classic ice cream sundae, but served in a trifle dish for a beautiful presentation.

What ingredients do I need to make a Banana Split Trifle?

To make a Banana Split Trifle, you will need bananas, vanilla pudding mix, milk, whipped topping, chocolate syrup, maraschino cherries, and crushed pineapple. You can also add other toppings like chopped nuts or sprinkles for extra flavor and texture.

Can I make a Banana Split Trifle in advance?

Yes, a Banana Split Trifle can be made in advance. However, it is best to assemble the trifle no more than a few hours before serving to prevent the ingredients from getting too soggy. You can also prepare the individual components ahead of time and assemble the trifle right before serving.

Can I use different fruits in my Banana Split Trifle?

Absolutely! While the traditional Banana Split Trifle uses bananas, pineapples, and cherries, you can use your favorite fruits or mix it up. Some great alternatives include strawberries, blueberries, or even peaches.

How can I make my Banana Split Trifle look more festive?

To make your Banana Split Trifle look more festive, you can add a layer of crushed cookies or graham crackers between the pudding and whipped cream layers. You can also top it off with colorful sprinkles or chocolate shavings. Another fun idea is to serve the trifle in individual mason jars for a cute and portable presentation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sburnside
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Aunticooks
  • beepampered
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • varga11