• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Show Your Gratitude: Thoughtful Host Thank You Gift Ideas for a November Show

In summary, the author is having a show in November for a good friend. She has given him 32 people to invite. He really wants to show her that he appreciates her having a show. Any suggestions of a nice gift to give her during the first part of the party? Maybe something that might enhance some bookings? Cookie Mix in a Batter Bowl?
PamperedJess
I am having a show in November for a good friend. She has given me 32 people to invite. I really want to show her that I appreciate her having a show. Any suggestions of a nice gift to give her during the first part of the party? Maybe something that might enhance some bookings?

Cookie Mix in a Batter Bowl?Hi Jess,

What about doing the cookie or brownie recipe in a small batter bowl idea that PC came out with a few years back (Gifts to Go - there was also chili and/or soup, I think; you layer the dry ingredients, and include the recipe to make the finished product). You could put a pretty bow on top of the lid. You could then use it as a booking tool - "Host a show and I'll teach your guests how to make a gift-to-go. Perfect for the holidays!"

I'm sure there are recipes somewhere on this site, but if not, let me know and I'll see what I can find.

Good luck!
Diane

That's a great idea!!!

HOW CUTE DIANE!!! Thanks so much for sharing!! :DHOW CUTE DIANE!!! Thanks so much for sharing!! :D

Gifts to Go - there was also chili and/or soup! Where do I find these recipes?

I couldn't find the receipes either....

Here it is. I had an old consultant offer me all her old extra SB cookbooks and I took them. It was in the Fall/Winter 2003 book.

Batter Bowl Brownie Mix
1 1/3 cups sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup candy-coated chocolate miniature baking bits
1/2 cup white chocolate morsels
1/2 cup walnut halves, coarsely chopped

In a small bowl, combine 2/3 cup of the sugar and cinnamon; mix well and set aside. In Small Batter Bowl, layer ingredients as follows, gently patting each layer before adding the next ingredient: salt, baking powder, 1/2 cup of the flour, cocoa powder, remaining 2/3 cup sugar, baking bits and remaining 1 cup flour. Top with reserved cinnamon-sugar mixture, chocolate moresels and walnuts. Cover with lid. Attach the preparation directions below and give it as a gift.

Batter Bowl Brownies
1 recipe Batter Bowl Brownie Mix
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs
1/4 cup water
1 tsp vanilla
Preheat oven to 350. Lightly spray Square Baker with nonstick cooking spray. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine brownie mix, oil, eggs, water and vanilla; mix until well blended. Spread mixture into baker. Bake 35 minutes or until Cake Tester inserted in center comes out clean. Do not overbake. Remove from oven; cool completely. Cut into squares.
Yield: 20 brownies

Soup RecipeAwesome on the brownies...does anyone have the soup recipe? That would be great for special winter hosts.

I'm confussed do you put the ingred. in the bowl or just the receipe?

Jess,

You layer the dry ingredients in the small batter bowl (like sand art). Then tie a decorative bow on the handle, along with the instructions to complete the recipe. It lists the "wet" ingredients to add, the baking time and temp., etc. Hope that clears it up for you.

As for the other recipes to do in a batter bowl, The Celebration Cookie Mix, Hearty Minestrone Soup Mix, and The Cowboy Chili Mix, I have those recipes and will post them in word format as soon as I get them typed up. (I only have a hard copy of them and don't have a scanner)

Dawn Trudell
Independent Kitchen Consultant
Fort Wayne, IN

Wow that sounds great I can't wait to make them.

Okay, I found all 4 recipes on the Pampered Chef website in our consultant area under Celebration Shows in the recipe part. There is a brownie, cookie, chili and soup recipe. You can also download and print the gift tags that go with each. Just go down to the bottom of the page and they are under Gift Show!
I might make a couple up and take them to my shows to see if I can get some orders for the holidays.
Beth

Wow thanks so much I appreciate it.

I found them. I actually had them saved on a disk. I also see that they are still available on CC. Anyway, here they are for anyone who wants them.

Dawn Trudell
Independent Kitchen Consultant
Fort Wayne, IN

Attachments

• batter bowl gift tags.pdf
    56.2 KB · Views: 811
Cute gift ideasI thought I'd share this little gift that I made for some people who helped with my Mom's rehab earlier this summer (after hip replacement sugery). :(

I took the sample size Lemon/Rosemary Hand lotion & soap (1 ea) and tied them together w/ a very cute ribbon. I then inserted 2 sm. Citrus colored twix-it clips in the front (between the 2 bottles) & then I included either a medium sized clip or a Large Twix-it clip in the back. I then found a very small rubber band and included the SB S/S '05 cookbook.

I also went to the PC web-site, downloaded the Use & Care cards for the hand lotion & soap combo & the twix-it clips, cut them out w/decorative scissors and punched holes in them, and included them on the ribbon that held it all together.

It was so cute, my director asked me to bring it to our next cluster meeting.
(Grant it, this would be something you would not want to give to every host, but since you mentioned that she is your friend, others may want to buy the products included if shown at a show!) :)

Hope you like it!
Julie :cool:

Wow that's really cute too!!! Where do I get the sample sizes?

Sample sizesYou can order the sample sized lotion & soaps from your Paperwork/ Supply order form.

They come in sets of 6. I think it's $8.50 for the soaps & $9.50 for the lotions. Like I mentioned, it could get a little expensive.

I also took one of the soaps or lotions and wrapped it up in a small gift bag, w/tissue as a door prize for my Kitchen shows. I usually make the remark, of how I plan on giving away x amount of door prize gifts (depending on how many people are in attendance). After the winner opens the prize, I make sure that he/she passes it around the room for everyone to smell!

I also like giving away the Season's Best recipe books. We can order 10 for $6.00. It's a great inexpensive gift that they can actually use! And you know they will! :D

Thanks I just went online and I'm going to order some of those for door prizes.

This is a great idea to make up a few and have at fairs on your booth. Im going to advertise them as good teacher gifts for the holidays! The kids could help layer the ingredients.

As a teacher......(preparing for the boo's and hisses). I love the gifts to go...and have/would make them for friends and family. As a teacher, however...I hate to say it, but if I received the gift from a student, I would throw out the ingredients. (Of course, I would still appreciate the bowls.. :) ) As a general rule, the teachers I know won't eat anything unless they know exactly where it came from...and for most of us, we have rarely visited the home of each student. The hand soap idea would be a great teacher's gift...

Just my opinion,
Sandy

What are some thoughtful host thank you gift ideas for a November show?

1. A festive Thanksgiving-themed kitchen towel set with a handwritten thank you note.2. A personalized recipe box filled with favorite recipes from the show.3. A gift basket filled with seasonal spices and herbs for cooking.4. A set of decorative serving platters or dishes for hosting future gatherings.5. A homemade treat, such as a pumpkin bread or apple pie, presented in a beautiful dish or tin.

Do you have any suggestions for budget-friendly host thank you gifts?

1. A set of festive wine charms or bottle stoppers.2. A jar of homemade jam or preserves.3. A small potted plant or fresh flowers.4. A set of seasonal tea towels.5. A personalized mug with a thank you message.

Are there any host thank you gifts that can be used for entertaining?

1. A set of cheese knives or a cheese board.2. A large serving platter or tray.3. A beverage dispenser for hosting parties.4. A set of cocktail napkins or coasters.5. A cookbook with recipes for entertaining.

Can you recommend any unique host thank you gifts?

1. A personalized cutting board with the host's name or a special message.2. A set of scented candles in fall scents.3. A gift certificate for a cooking class or food tour.4. A homemade spice blend kit.5. A set of monogrammed wine glasses or beer mugs.

Do you have any ideas for host thank you gifts that can be used in the kitchen?

1. A versatile kitchen gadget, such as a garlic press or avocado slicer.2. A set of high-quality kitchen knives.3. A cookbook stand or tablet holder for following recipes.4. A set of fun and festive kitchen towels.5. A personalized apron with the host's name or a fun cooking quote.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered2007
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Aynot
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
kristina16marie
  • pamperedape