• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Host Stacking: Have You Tried It? What to Stack?

In summary, the host can get a lot of products for a $500 show by stacking the actual products she can select into the arms of a guest.
AshleyAllison
I was reading an email from my host director today & she recommended using "host stacking" as a booking tool at shows. She suggested that we demonstrate how much a hostess earns at a $500 show by stacking the actual products she can select into the arms of a guest. I've seen this done before at a party for another direct sales company & it was pretty neat to see everything the host could get for simply hosting a show.

Has anyone ever used this before? If so, how did it go over with the guests?

What in the world would you choose to stack? Any suggestions?

I'm considering trying it but want to see how it has worked for others first.

I started doing this at one point but then I started cooking at my parties so a lot of the items I would pick as "host items" would end up dirty. I didn't want to stack the host with dirty items! Use the catalog - I love how the host benefits page now shows what they can get for a certain show (don't remember the level off the top of my head!).

The way the consultant did it at the other direct sales show I saw it at was not with the actual products, she simply used the boxes that the products came in.

It's a great idea. Some people call it a "Host Pile-On", but it's the same thing. I've done the Consultant Pile-On and the Director Pile-On, but haven't done it for a host yet. It's probably very effective, I'm just too lazy to carry THAT much stuff to a show! LOLI haven't done this yet either, but I've been thinking about doing printouts of some real life host examples. The show sales, all the stuff the Host chose, what it would have cost a customer and what she paid. Then also put a blurb about what she would have made as the consultant of that show. I can put those in a binder & take them to every show without having to add a lot of weight to my bag. Or maybe I'll put a different one on the back of every clipboard in the sleeve! LOL ~ then they can all compare clipboards ... "what did your host get? ..."

I wouldnt want to carry that much stuff either, product or boxes.

I recently heard the suggestion of making a poster showing pictures of product the average hostess would receive. She actually said show the average for $100-200 over the national show average, so our show average is almost $500, so you show the amount for a $700 show. For now, I just use the host benefits page where PC did all of that for me.

Maybe do 8x10 pictures of the products and stack them that way... i.e. Give the host the items one at a time, and say retail price is $350 and you'll only pay $75 with a $500 party

instead of saying "you'll pay" or "it will only cost".....try saying "You get $xxx product for only a $xxx INVESTMENT". Semantics and word play- but "cost" and "pay" brings up different emotion than investing in something.

I used to do it and sometimes still do, but the booking slide is better I think. It spells out all the host benefits without actually carrying all of them. If I do the host stacking, I use the products we used for the recipe so I don't have to carry more. It has DEFINITELY increased my bookings!

Thanks guys! I like the idea of using pictures to show them. Some people need a visual! I am one of those people, when you say I could get $300 in products I want to see what some of the items are that I might like to get with that $300.

I like the picture idea, but am going to do a twist on it.

I am going to request from each host that when their new playthings arrive if they would please remove them all from the boxes and put all together on a table and take a picture they can email to me.

I can print the pics out to share!

wcsis said:
I like the picture idea, but am going to do a twist on it.

I am going to request from each host that when their new playthings arrive if they would please remove them all from the boxes and put all together on a table and take a picture they can email to me.

I can print the pics out to share!

Awesome idea!

I Made a page for each show level and took old catalogs a cut the items out the host had picked and then wrote at the bottom value and how much was paid out of pocket byt the host. Never thought about adding how much a consultant would make off that show i think i should update my stuff. I pass them around at shows but not sure if it is helping

Plan to try it at a booth this weekend. AND, am going to display the DCB and the new RCB as a recruit incentive - - - the month isn't over yet!
I am also going to display the new consultants' kits. Never tried this at a booth, so I'll let you know how it goes. It is a city-wide market day and I always manage to get a great location to set up. Vendors sell plain hot dogs and I use Food Chopper to chop pickles and onions, Simple slicer for onions, etc. I help them sell food; they help me sell products!:chef:

jeanlewis13 said:
Plan to try it at a booth this weekend. AND, am going to display the DCB and the new RCB as a recruit incentive - - - the month isn't over yet!
I am also going to display the new consultants' kits. Never tried this at a booth, so I'll let you know how it goes. It is a city-wide market day and I always manage to get a great location to set up. Vendors sell plain hot dogs and I use Food Chopper to chop pickles and onions, Simple slicer for onions, etc. I help them sell food; they help me sell products!:chef:

What a great idea!! You help them, they help you! Love it!

1. What is host stacking?

Host stacking is a strategy used by Pampered Chef consultants to book multiple parties with a single host. This typically involves booking a cooking show, catalog show, and a Facebook party with the same host, allowing them to earn more rewards and benefits.

2. How does host stacking benefit the host?

Host stacking benefits the host by allowing them to earn more rewards and free products. By having multiple parties with the same host, they can earn more host rewards and discounts, making their party experience even more rewarding.

3. Do I need to have a large network to use host stacking?

No, you do not need a large network to use host stacking. This strategy can be effective with hosts who have a small network as well. It's all about finding the right combination of parties (cooking show, catalog show, Facebook party) that works for your host and their network.

4. Can I stack parties with different types of hosts?

Yes, you can stack parties with different types of hosts. You can stack parties with new hosts, returning hosts, and even hosts who have already had a party with you before. It's all about finding hosts who are interested in having multiple parties with you.

5. Are there any downsides to host stacking?

One potential downside to host stacking is that it may be more challenging to keep track of multiple parties with the same host. It's important to stay organized and communicate effectively with your host to ensure a successful party experience for both of you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
Christ Follower
  • flemings99
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies