• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tired of Host Requirements? Discuss Here!

changes things on us, but the thing to remember is that they never make a change lightly, and always have our best interest in mind. An unhappy sales force means no sales, right? Keep an open mind. We all just need to adjust how we think about the levels, and how we present them to the host (and the past host).
smarteez2
Gold Member
Is it just me or in anybody else getting tired of these lame host requirements? Why make it harder than it has to be. I understand that it is supposed to be an insentive but how bout we do say every other month instead of every single month? In my opinion it's getting old anyone else? Oh I am talking about the if you sell this much you geth this if you sell that much more you get more, etc. feeling me? Thoughts oppinions?

Completely agree

often even if my hostess make the $ amount they don't want the "selected" item

I guess understand why they are doing the levels - and yes, I feel I spend a lot of time explaining this during host coaching (and again when I get to the host's hosue, and AGAIN when we are trying to close the show). So, bottom line, I really don't like it.

But my REAL gripe is with the PAST HOST and getting the level of the CURRENT host. This has been a nightmare for me.

October show last weekend. Forged Cutlery Special and Bar Board for guests with $60. Past host comes up to order:
1. She really wants the 5" Santoku - but that is level 2.
2. There is no way the host is even close at his point, but I take time out from taking orders to see where the show is at (I usually do this at he END - before I leave for the current host).
3. We are at $300. Current host does not know about additional outside orders - maybe one or two?? Plus we have a couple of guests wating to order yet.
4. Past host also wants the bar board. If she gets the 5" Santoku (level 2) it has a past host price of $20, which means she only needs $40 more to get the free bar board. But if we don't get to level 2, she'll take a lower prcied knife - which means she needs to order more to get to $60.
5. I left the show with several options for this past host - depending on which level the host got to and which knife the past host would get - and then how much to add onto the order to get to $60 (also paying attention to the 10% phd).
6. Not to mention the extra phone call I needed to make to the past host when all was said and done to give her the final level/money she owes.

Arrrrrgggghhhh! It was enough to make me scream. It was not the past host's fault. This should not be this difficult.

Right before HO made these changes - I made a decision to try to simplify my business. THESE LEVELS DO NOT HELP SIMPLIFY THINGS.

It totally STINKS!:yuck: I'm so tired of all the levels, it really is harder to book shows when they know there are levels, they automatically think "I can't get that much":(

Well thank goodness I am not the only one. I really hate having to explain and such, I hope they sloww down on these type of host specials and go back to normal cause these really suck....sorry just aggrevated...LOL

I don't like these either. It is just way to complicated dealing with the past host.

Once upon a time, when we had points and not money for our hosts to spend, there were ALWAYS levels for the host special. Of course, back then, the past host wasn't a factor (the past host received points equalling about $3.50 for each booking).

It's always hard with HO changes things on us, but the thing to remember is that they never make a change lightly, and always have our best interest in mind. An unhappy sales force means no sales, right?! Keep an open mind. We all just need to adjust how we think about the levels, and how we present them to the host (and the past host).

Reading what I have about the (re)new(ed) levels, I think I'm going to coach the host and past host that the past host will have to wait to place their order, just like the present host does. The past host can make out her wish list and be ready to order, but will need to have a choice ready for each level, depending on what the current host earns.

Does that make sense? I'm hoping that making the past host wait to place their order until closing, it will help avoid any confusion!

Last edited:
nikked said:
Once upon a time, when we had points and not money for our hosts to spend, there were ALWAYS levels for the host special. Of course, back then, the past host wasn't a factor (the past host received points equalling about $3.50 for each booking).

It's always hard with HO changes things on us, but the thing to remember is that they never make a change lightly, and always have our best interest in mind. An unhappy sales force means no sales, right?! Keep an open mind. We all just need to adjust how we think about the levels, and how we present them to the host (and the past host).

Reading what I have about the (re)new(ed) levels, I think I'm going to coach the host and past host that the past host will have to wait to place their order, just like the present host does. The past host can make out her wish list and be ready to order, but will need to have a choice ready for each level, depending on what the current host earns.

Does that make sense? I'm hoping that making the past host wait to place their order until closing, it will help avoid any confusion!

EXCEPT - that the past host's order is sometimes the order that bumps the host up to the next level in sales. It's all so confusing.

The only level that irks me is when they give a $550 level. Everything else is geared towards the $100 levels, not the $50...and so it's frustrating when it's separate. Also, they change it, which is confusing. I was telling all of my hosts in October that they needed $550 in sales to get to the 2 knife level, and they needed to get to $500. Well, the month before, for the stoneware, it was $550...and also in August. THAT needs to remain consistent, I feel.

ChefBeckyD said:
EXCEPT - that the past host's order is sometimes the order that bumps the host up to the next level in sales. It's all so confusing.

The only level that irks me is when they give a $550 level. Everything else is geared towards the $100 levels, not the $50...and so it's frustrating when it's separate. Also, they change it, which is confusing. I was telling all of my hosts in October that they needed $550 in sales to get to the 2 knife level, and they needed to get to $500. Well, the month before, for the stoneware, it was $550...and also in August. THAT needs to remain consistent, I feel.

Completely agreed! I find myself constantly checking and re-checking the amount for the levels.

I don't like the levels either, and with the past hosts as well.
I feel if they are going to put requirements on what the past host orders for her special, it should be based on HER show sales, not the current host. If past host does $1k show and booking only does $300 and doesn't get to level 2, that is essentially punishing the past host. She did her job, she should get what she wants.Just my .2

Let HO know. Unless they hear from all of you they have no way of knowing your frustrations. They really do want to hear from you.

I feel like the odd gal out but I LOVE the levels. I have seen quite a few hosts over the last few months work really hard to get to the next level and some of these were repeat hosts who didn't work very hard the first time. If we are excited, it can't help but excite our hosts. If we are a bit grumbly, they hear that too. How about this: Just ditch the thoughts about the levels and encourage every host to have a 1K show. Tell them all they need is 25 orders! You'll be amazed. One of my fellow directors has begun saying this during host coaching and her show average is through the roof. Reach for this with your hosts and the levels won't matter. As for the past host. All I have ever told them is that they get one item at 60% off that is the host special for the month the show is held so I've not had any of them complain. They are actually really happy. What Nicole said about HO is so true. They don't make decisions about change lightly and they really are all about our good... not about making things tough for us. Yikes... this sounds preachy and I do NOT mean it to. Those of you who know me... you know this is from my heart. If you don't know me, please trust that I only post because I care and mean no harm. I don't get here often anymore but you all mean so much to me! Thanks for putting up with my popping in and out!

I also love the levels! I just had a Host really work hard to get all 3 levels for her Cutlery! She ended up buying the Knife Block and the Carving Set as two of the 3 Host Specials! She had never hosted before and was AMAZED at all that she earned! You should have heard her trying to spend all her $265 free, 4 half-price items, and the Host Specials! She rebooked plus her daughter and niece booked after they heard all she got!

As far as I have heard they are not going away. One thing you can do is encourage the past host to help the current host out. If the past host really wants the Level 2 item then see if she knows of anyone who wants to place an order. Maybe there was someone who didn't make it to her party that still wanted to order or didn't have the money at the time or just realizes that they want more products or a gift. This is a ery positive thing for us. It helps us to encourage higher sales. Consider the old way... When the cookware was 60% off, a host only had to collect $150 to get a set of cookware at 60% off. Technically the past host could have ordered a set which counts for part of the $150 but not for our commission. I had a show that was only $90 in commissionable sales but the host got the $400 level!

What are the host requirements for a Pampered Chef party?

The host requirements for a Pampered Chef party include inviting at least 10 guests, providing a clean and comfortable space for the party, and placing a minimum order of $150.

Can I still earn host rewards if I am unable to meet the host requirements?

Yes, you can still earn host rewards even if you are unable to meet the host requirements. Our consultants can work with you to find alternative ways to earn rewards, such as hosting an online party or collecting outside orders.

What are the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef party?

Hosting a Pampered Chef party not only allows you to earn free and discounted products, but it also gives you the opportunity to try out new kitchen tools and recipes, and have a fun and interactive experience with your friends and family.

Do I have to prepare food for the Pampered Chef party?

No, you do not have to prepare food for the Pampered Chef party. Our consultants will handle all of the cooking and demonstrating, while you and your guests get to sit back, relax, and enjoy the delicious food.

Can I host a Pampered Chef party if I don't live in the same area as my consultant?

Yes, you can still host a Pampered Chef party even if you don't live in the same area as your consultant. Our consultants are able to travel and can work with you to plan a party that fits your location and schedule.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Cat2000
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
kristibrooke
Replies