• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can a Host Use a Debit Card to Pay for the Entire Show?

In summary, a host can use her debit card for the whole show, but she must use at least two forms of payment.
Ginger428
Gold Member
I know this has been discussed but I can't find it. Can a host use her debit card for the whole show? TIA :)

No...you have to use at least two forms of payment. That can mean two cards, part cash and part cc, etc.

HTH

Yes, they can. I've done it plenty. I just enter it as one charge under the host's order.

DebbieJ said:
Yes, they can. I've done it plenty. I just enter it as one charge under the host's order.

RIGHT!!! Thank you SO much!! :D

Me too. I have never been questioned about in the last several years. I know that when I first started I would get calls saying I could not do that and up to about three years ago but not since then.

I had a show put on hold and declined last October because the host paid with one credit card.
It was very frustrating - because it was a catalog show, and she lives about 4 hours away, and gathered orders and payment from everyone (checks made out to her) and then she paid w/ a CC - everything was done over the phone.

I called, talked to a solution center rep, and then a supervisor, and then someone in finance, and was told NO by all three. There must be at least 2 types of payment.

I asked why I had been able to do it before, and was told that it's not always caught, but if it is, it's denied.

I havent had any problems doing it.

ChefBeckyD said:
I had a show put on hold and declined last October because the host paid with one credit card.
It was very frustrating - because it was a catalog show, and she lives about 4 hours away, and gathered orders and payment from everyone (checks made out to her) and then she paid w/ a CC - everything was done over the phone.

I called, talked to a solution center rep, and then a supervisor, and then someone in finance, and was told NO by all three. There must be at least 2 types of payment.

I asked why I had been able to do it before, and was told that it's not always caught, but if it is, it's denied.

Oh wow! Good to know then! I've done it before without any trouble. I'll have to be sure to remember this!

ChefBeckyD said:

This is exactly the same situation, but now that I think about she had 2 web orders that were CCs so I guess I'm safe!! ;)

Ginger428 said:
This is exactly the same situation, but now that I think about she had 2 web orders that were CCs so I guess I'm safe!! ;)

Yes - my understanding was that if at least one other order had a different form of payment, then the show isn't questioned.

ChefBeckyD said:
Yes - my understanding was that if at least one other order had a different form of payment, then the show isn't questioned.

YEA!!! Thanks for the info....

Thanks for clearing that up!

ChefBeckyD said:

Definately good to know.. I do this a lot, but I guess I haven't been 'caught' yet!

1. How does the host pay for the entire show?

The host can pay for the entire show by using a credit or debit card, cash, or check. They can also choose to use a combination of payment methods if they wish.

2. Is there a minimum amount the host has to spend to pay for the entire show?

Yes, there is a minimum amount of $200 for the host to pay for the entire show. This helps cover the cost of the products and any applicable taxes or shipping fees.

3. Can the host use their host rewards to cover the cost of the entire show?

Yes, the host can use their host rewards to pay for the entire show. However, any remaining balance must be paid using one of the accepted payment methods.

4. What if the host doesn't have enough money to pay for the entire show?

If the host doesn't have enough money to pay for the entire show, they can invite friends to place orders and earn host rewards. This can help cover the cost of the show and potentially even earn the host free products.

5. Can the host pay for the entire show after it has already taken place?

No, the host must pay for the entire show before the show takes place. This ensures that the products can be ordered and shipped in a timely manner. If the host is unable to pay before the show, they can reschedule for a later date.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchef.angel
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
susanr613
  • Christina3891
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • chefsteph07