• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Streamline Your Host Packets with This Genius Shortcut - Save Time and Weight!

In summary, the speaker shares their method for simplifying the process of creating and carrying host packets for their business. They no longer print and assemble complete packets for each month, but instead carry a few folders with the basics and add in the monthly information as needed. This has made their workload easier and they wish they had thought of it sooner. Other speakers in the conversation offer their own variations and strategies for host packets.
Sheila
Gold Member
I can't believe that it's taken me THIS long to come up with this idea. I'm sure there are probably more consultants out there doing this (or a variation of), but I thought I'd share it for those of you who are taking the scenic route like I've been doing for the last 17 months!!! :rolleyes:

I was printing & assembling the whole packet and having them ready to hand to someone who wanted to host. Then, if the packet wasn't used, I was pulling out the expired month's info & putting in a new month's info.

So I had 3 shows this weekend. Last week, I was preparing for them and printing all my materials to do the host packets when it dawned on me. I still had an August packet & was planning to take it in case anyone wanted to do a last minute catalog show for the cookware special. But I was going to have to do multiple September, October, November and December packets too & lug them with me all weekend. WHY???

So instead of carrying 1 Aug, 2 Sep, 2 Oct, 2 Nov & 2 Dec complete packets ... I put the basics in 4 folders ... my business card, the catalog for the host, recruiting flyer, the Cooking Show Planning guide and 3 catalogs for the guests. Then I printed packets to be added to the folders later containing the monthly host flyer, three guest flyers and 3 outside order forms and paper clipped the various groups. Taking 4 folders with catalogs and 9 monthly groups of 7 sheets of paper was MUCH easier than taking 9 or more completed host packets with all those catalogs!!!

Sitting there in front of the person wanting to host & finishing the assembly of the packet was really no big deal! It took longer to fill out the Cooking Show Planning Guide than it did to insert the monthly special flyers & OOF's.

Saturday's show had 23 confirmed RSVP's so I was already carrying 25 clipboards and tools for THREE recipes!!! Every ounce of weight that I could omit from my load counted!!!

By continuing to use this method, I'm less likely to get caught "out" of folders for a certain month. I can carry around 4 or so groups for each month, but only carry around 4 or so catalog packets!!! This is going to make my workload so much easier.

I'm usually the one who is always looking for an "easier" way of doing things. I can't believe it took me this long to find a shortcut on host packets. I'm going to blame it on mommy brain! ;)

Love the idea! I've subscribed to this thread - so I can refer back to it when I sit down to make my own envelopes!

Love the "aha" moments. I will give that a try!

I make all my host packets generic. My OOF's are generic (not month specific) and I don't include the monthly specials. I give almost all of my host packets out at shows, so...

I mail a sheet w/ the monthly specials along with a letter from me thanking them for hosting and giving tips on how to have an awesome show.

I'm lazy.:eek:

ChefBeckyD said:
I make all my host packets generic. My OOF's are generic (not month specific) and I don't include the monthly specials. I give almost all of my host packets out at shows, so...

I mail a sheet w/ the monthly specials along with a letter from me thanking them for hosting and giving tips on how to have an awesome show.

I'm lazy.:eek:

The wonderful military regulations prohibit me from using the military mail for business purposes. So I'm restricted to hand delivering anything that I can't hand to them at the show. :rolleyes: With a 22 month old and one who will be 6 months old tomorrow, that can be a challenge sometimes!!! LOL

Sheila said:
The wonderful military regulations prohibit me from using the military mail for business purposes. So I'm restricted to hand delivering anything that I can't hand to them at the show. :rolleyes: With a 22 month old and one who will be 6 months old tomorrow, that can be a challenge sometimes!!! LOL

You can always e-mail the monthly special and OOF to them saving you money and ink.

Triciascucina said:
You can always e-mail the monthly special and OOF to them saving you money and ink.

Unfortunately, that doesn't work for me either. I have to take a big red pen (black/blue doesn't seem to do the trick), mark through the sales tax (since we are tax exempt), mark out the "ship to host" option, put big red X's across all the other shipping info other than "direct" and circle the direct shipping charges on the back. I then write "SOFA Status Requirement" across the top of the shipping charges. Some people STILL write in $4.25 & I have to call/e-mail them. But it does alleviate a lot of problems with people wanting to pay the cheaper price.

The way I see it, if I print the host/guest flyers, I can put my sticker with my contact info as well. If the host does it, they don't see my marketing on the page. Yup, I'm anal about making sure my name is on EVERYTHING, because I never know what piece of papersome will take with them. :D

I have attached a copy of the OOF I use in Yokosuka.

Attachments

• sept 09 oof.doc
    858 KB · Views: 344
I might consider making my own & removing all the stuff that does not apply. But I figure Pampered Chef has all the stuff on the back for a reason. That's why I've never messed with their form.FYI, there's no shipping chart on what you sent.

Wow... I too carry around a couple folders for each month. I will be changing my ways now. Thanks!

Sheila said:
Unfortunately, that doesn't work for me either. I have to take a big red pen (black/blue doesn't seem to do the trick), mark through the sales tax (since we are tax exempt), mark out the "ship to host" option, put big red X's across all the other shipping info other than "direct" and circle the direct shipping charges on the back. I then write "SOFA Status Requirement" across the top of the shipping charges. Some people STILL write in $4.25 & I have to call/e-mail them. But it does alleviate a lot of problems with people wanting to pay the cheaper price.

The way I see it, if I print the host/guest flyers, I can put my sticker with my contact info as well. If the host does it, they don't see my marketing on the page. Yup, I'm anal about making sure my name is on EVERYTHING, because I never know what piece of papersome will take with them. :D

Do you have word? Take a snapsnot of the monthly special. Copy it & then paste it into word. Put a text box in the place where it shows the consultant name & there you have a document ready to E-MAIL to your hosts with your info on it! :D

Edited - you could do the same with a generic OOF that you use for everything. Create it once & you're done!

Sheila said:
I might consider making my own & removing all the stuff that does not apply. But I figure Pampered Chef has all the stuff on the back for a reason. That's why I've never messed with their form.

My fairly recent AHA! moment was this: The info on the back is about guarantees and returns and such for the most part. The OOF doesn't count as an official receipt, so you'll either need to fill out a 3-part form or print on off P3 on official paper anyway, both of which have all that info on the back. The customer really won't need that information until they get their items anyway.

I don't carry them at all.
I got tired of handing out host packets at shows only to have the person cancel. Then I wa s out the catalogs because I was NEVER able to get ehr to give them back to me.
Stacy Tenneson taught me to not give the host packet until I had the gues list in my hands...less cancellations now and less time wasted making host packets that got junked.

I have a "show to go" folder. Its an expandable file (about 2 inches thick) and it comes with me every where. Inside is everything I need to make up a host packet, catalog, packet, take an order, or share the business opportunity. Works WONDERS for me! I have one place to go and one place to update.

The tabs are organized as follows:
*packet envelopes and show planners (cooking show and catalog show)
*Help wanted info (fliers for the host packets and also information packets to hand out to leads)
*mailing lists and pre-stamped/ addresses envelopes
*current oof
*current host special
*current guest special
*next months oof
*next month host special
*next month guest special
*2nd month oof, host and guest specials
*recipes
*catalogs

Brandi2007 said:
I have a "show to go" folder. Its an expandable file (about 2 inches thick) and it comes with me every where. Inside is everything I need to make up a host packet, catalog, packet, take an order, or share the business opportunity. Works WONDERS for me! I have one place to go and one place to update.

The tabs are organized as follows:
*packet envelopes and show planners (cooking show and catalog show)
*Help wanted info (fliers for the host packets and also information packets to hand out to leads)
*mailing lists and pre-stamped/ addresses envelopes
*current oof
*current host special
*current guest special
*next months oof
*next month host special
*next month guest special
*2nd month oof, host and guest specials
*recipes
*catalogs

OMG Brandi - you're one of those organizational freaks, aren't you? (I think I love you!!!)
Come...make sense of my office!!! PLEASE????

I don't carry around host packets either. I send them to the host in the mail once the show has been booked and confirmed. In my packet I send 2 catalogs one that I have written on in a sharpie with stars all around it "soandso's wish list!!!" so that they get excited and mark it all up, the other one is to pass around and show off. I also send an address list and a self addressed and stamped envelope so that I can mail the invites. I send a hand written thank you card for booking with me and some business info as well as a how to have a great show list. I call the host within 3 days of mailing the packet to go over it with her. I email the host special and OOF to save some trees, I also keep my guest special in a binder with page protectors that I pass around at the shows rather than making copies of them.

dannyzmom said:
OMG Brandi - you're one of those organizational freaks, aren't you? (I think I love you!!!)
Come...make sense of my office!!! PLEASE????

LOL, Yes, I will own up to that! I think it has something to do with being a Virgo! I drive myself crazy with organization so its not always a good thing!

I do something very similiar. I have all of the host packet's ready, except for the host/guest specials, OOF and my host letter. I have two folder's that I take, one that say "Current Month" and one that say "Next Month." I keep the current month info in that file and the next month in that file. It has worked wonderfully for me. Less paperwork that I have to carry.

I also have all of my monthly packet's done ahead of time and in a folder, by month, in a file drawer. I have everything done through the end of the year, now just to get the show's on my calendar.:D

Sorry I dont know all the lingo yet what does OOF stand for?

Bill-Newbie

Outside Order Form

Brandi2007 said:
LOL, Yes, I will own up to that! I think it has something to do with being a Virgo! I drive myself crazy with organization so its not always a good thing!

OMG IT IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO a VIRGO THING! I am right there with ya sister! (as is JolieParadox) My coworkers make fun of me (as does my Director at times) as I am very Type A OCD on organizing. YAY FOR VIRGOs!!!! :cool:

1. How does this shortcut save time when preparing host packets?

This shortcut allows you to print and assemble all of your host packet materials in one easy step, saving you the time and hassle of printing and organizing each individual piece.

2. Is this shortcut easy to use for someone who is not tech-savvy?

Yes, this shortcut is designed to be user-friendly and can be easily used by anyone. It requires minimal technical skills and can be done on any computer or printer.

3. Will this shortcut work for all types of host packets?

Yes, this shortcut is customizable and can be used for all types of host packets, including virtual parties, in-person parties, and fundraisers. You can easily add or remove materials to fit your specific needs.

4. How does this shortcut help with weight when preparing host packets?

By using this shortcut, you can eliminate the need for bulky and heavy host packet binders, as all materials can be printed and organized into a lightweight folder or envelope.

5. Can I still add my own personal touch to the host packets using this shortcut?

Absolutely! This shortcut is meant to make the process more efficient, but you can still add your own personal touch by including handwritten notes or additional materials if desired.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lisa717
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • ms_twana
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ms_twana
  • Katiek77