• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Trouble with Host Not Closing Show? Get Help Now!

I have a host that hosted a kitchen show in mid MAY! She will not close her show. It has taken her this long to get 2 additional outside orders that totaled something like $60....that was last Friday. It is now Tuesday, and she will still not get me her order. I don't understand. All she has to do is pick out her free, and discounted products (heck - all she really has to do is pick out $60 in free products!). I have never had a host keep a show open this long. I'm trying not to be rude to her, but she needs to close it. I am very worried that this is making me look bad to
SBinkley
HELP! I have a host that hosted a kitchen show in mid MAY! She will not close her show. It has taken her this long to get 2 additional outside orders that totaled something like $60....that was last Friday. It is now Tuesday, and she will still not get me her order. I don't understand. All she has to do is pick out her free, and discounted products (heck - all she really has to do is pick out $60 in free products!). I have never had a host keep a show open this long. I'm trying not to be rude to her, but she needs to close it. I am very worried that this is making me look bad to the guests that placed orders at the show. What have any of you done in this situation?

Wow, that's really uncool of that host. Sometimes we do come across these, though! Yeah, I agree that the biggest problem will be the guests who are likely thinking they will get their orders soon! I assume you have all their phone numbers, right? It might be a good idea to call them, but I'm not exactly sure what you'd say. Any suggestions anyone? If anyone ordered any HWC items, some of them are on backorder and that could be an excuse to let them know, then slip in there that you're still waiting to hear from the host to finish up the portion she's responsible for. But, then again, you don't want to run the risk of people canceling their orders.

I think I've read on this site that some people have contacted their host via phone, email AND regular mail to notify her that if you don't hear from her by such and such a date, you will have to pick her free and discounted productsa FOR her since you must submit the show. Wow, this is such a bummer! Let us know what happens. Hopefully others who have been in this situation will have better advice.

I've only had this happen once and this is what I did: After leaving 2 messages (one on a Monday, then again on Wednesday) I called the third and final time on Thursday and said "haven't been able to reach you, WE need to get these orders submitted so that OUR guests can get their products, so if I don't hear from you by noon tomorrow (Friday) I will be choosing your free products for you and transmitting the show. Unfortunately, you will then lose out on your half price items, discounted items and the host bonus for the month but if the free products I've chosen for you are not to your liking fortunately PC has an awesome return policy and will even pay for postage during the first 30 days!! So, when your order arrives we can then do an exchange - again as long as it's within the FIRST 30 days! Hopefully I'll hear from you by tomorrow....looking forward to your call...repeat my phone number. That's it!

Amazingly, she called that evening apologizing profusely to my hubby since I wasn't home and we closed the show VERY late that night :D

Host not closingI had this happen to me. I kept setting dates for her to close and she would always have some reason not to close like I've got another outside order or whatever.
Of course, I'm calling all the other guests and letting them know what's going on. Luckily, they were all understanding.

I finally told my host that she needed to gather up all orders she has recieved by the next day to close her show. I think I told her that if she wanted anything free she needed to do it otherwise all her guests were going to cancel their orders. I kinda of scared her. Plus, I told her that I would throw in an additional product (something small) for free. She finally closed the next day.
Sometimes the host just needs a little help getting things done. Also keep contact with the other guests. Because some of them might not want to wait long. So, you could tell your host that you have contacted the guests to let them know what's going on and some of them might end up canceling their orders. If that happens the host won't get her free stuff. That might get the host moving a little faster when she realizes she might not get her free stuff.

I hope this makes some sense to you. Just remember you don't have to be mean. Just convincing.

I haven't had much sleep so if this doesn't make sense I apologize.

Hello there,I can definitely understand your frustration with this situation. It can be difficult when a host is not closing their show in a timely manner. I would suggest reaching out to your host and gently reminding her of the benefits of closing her show, such as receiving her free and discounted products. You could also offer to help her choose her rewards if she is having trouble deciding.In terms of the orders from the guests, you could reach out to them individually and let them know that their orders are still being processed due to the host not closing the show. This will show them that you are actively trying to resolve the issue and that it is not your fault for the delay.If the host continues to delay in closing her show, you may need to set a deadline and let her know that if she does not close the show by that date, she will not be eligible for the host rewards. This may be the push she needs to take action.I hope this helps and that your host closes her show soon. Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with. Thank you for being a valued consultant with our company.Best,

1. What does it mean when a host does not close their show?

When a host does not close their show, it means that they did not reach the minimum sales or booking requirements to earn the host rewards and benefits.

2. How does a host benefit from closing their show?

When a host closes their show successfully, they can earn free and discounted products, as well as exclusive host-only items. They can also receive discounts on future purchases and have the opportunity to book a future show.

3. What are the minimum requirements for a host to close their show?

The minimum requirements for a host to close their show may vary depending on the current promotions and incentives. Generally, hosts are required to have a certain amount of sales and/or bookings to close their show. This information can be found on the Host Benefits page on our website.

4. Can a host still earn rewards if they do not close their show?

Unfortunately, hosts must meet the minimum requirements to earn rewards and benefits. However, they can still receive discounts on their purchases and have the opportunity to book a future show.

5. Can a host extend their show closing date?

In some cases, hosts may be able to request an extension for their show closing date. However, this is not always guaranteed and is subject to approval. It's important for hosts to communicate with their consultant and plan accordingly to meet the show closing requirements.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• melissasutkus
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
skaugchef
  • Kasper2010
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • Bren706