• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Host Made a Point to Tell Me...

In summary, the potential host thought my show would be unprofitable but ended up spending over $500.
Princess
I just called a potential host from a fair lead...and offered her a FREE COOKING SHOW. She was really interested....in our Dim Sum and Italian theme. She is a retired lady and so are all her friends. She is suppose to get back to me on a date...but before hanging up she wanted to let me know that she knows for a fact that I won't generate much business from her friends but it would be a great time. Anyone had a host tell them that??

Yes, but I didn't treat the show any differently. She thinks she knows the interest level of her friends, but she can't answer for them anymore than you can. You should still ask everyone at her party if they would like to book, consult or add to their orders. It never hurts to ask!

Same hereA friend of mine booked a party and said well you know my family, they wont buy anything. I'm hoping (when the time comes for me to host coach her) that she invites alot more than just her family. I went to a Tupperw party at her house and no one ordered.. our friend the TW consultant was annoyed that she spent her night there and hardly got any sales. I'm going to ask her to get some outside orders as well. Hopefully this will help me in June :)

Maybe your host belongs to a senior center.. tell her to ask all her friends at the center if they'd like to order. It makes great gifts for bridal showers (which I'm sure they are still invited to).

yesMy mom said this and we're closing her $1200 fundraiser this week! Being a fundraiser help motivate her to ask a broader range of people (including the board members who made $100 plus orders). Perhaps you could suggest a fundraiser to help her "think outside" her group of friends....BEE

2 weeks ago I had a host suggest maybe we cancel because she didn't think her show was going to be worth my time. She was bummed because only 5 or 6 people were coming.

The show closed at $740...:D

Same thing happened to me!My mom hosted a show a while back and she suggested we cancel because only 2 people were definitely coming and 4 were maybes. And she warned me that her friends were NOT gonna spend any money, but I told her that was fine, I could just finetune my show! I really wasn't expecting much.
Well, 6 people showed up! At the beginning, everyone was talking about combining orders to save on shipping, :eek: but in the end, everyone spent at least $50 and wanted the FREE guest special! She also got some outside orders, so the show turned out to be over $500. :D :D

I have too!!I have had a couple hosts say this. I think sometimes people are worried that you might be upset if the show isn't big and they don't want to get your hopes up. When I first started selling PC my mom told me not to bother telling one of my aunts cause there was no way she would want to buy "kitchen junk" (yes I know real nice) Well last month my aunt found out and was peeved that I didn't let her know......this weekend she ordered almost $400.00 worth of stuff. I made sure to call my mom and let her know how much "junk" my aunt ordered:rolleyes: So I would just plan the show as you would any show. SENDING GOOD LUCK FAIRY DUST YOUR WAY:D

1. What should I do if the host specifically mentions a food allergy or dietary restriction?

If the host has made a point to tell you about a food allergy or dietary restriction, it is important to take it seriously. Make sure to double check the ingredients in any recipes you are preparing and offer alternative options if necessary. It is also a good idea to communicate with the host ahead of time to discuss any potential concerns.

2. What if the host mentions a specific kitchen tool or gadget that they do not have?

If the host has mentioned a specific kitchen tool or gadget that they do not have, you can offer to bring your own to the party. Alternatively, you can offer to lend them the tool or provide them with information on where to purchase it. Keep in mind that Pampered Chef offers a wide range of high-quality kitchen tools and gadgets that your host can purchase through you.

3. Should I bring extra supplies or ingredients in case the host runs out?

It is always a good idea to bring some extra supplies or ingredients to a Pampered Chef party, just in case. However, it is important to communicate with the host beforehand to see if they have any specific requests or if they have already purchased everything they need. You can also suggest that the host encourages guests to bring their own ingredients to contribute.

4. Is it appropriate to offer recipe substitutions for dietary preferences or restrictions?

Yes, it is absolutely appropriate to offer recipe substitutions for dietary preferences or restrictions. Pampered Chef offers a wide variety of recipes that can be easily modified to accommodate different dietary needs. You can also offer to provide alternative recipes or resources for guests with specific dietary restrictions.

5. What should I do if the host has mentioned a specific dish or recipe they want to make at the party?

If the host has mentioned a specific dish or recipe they want to make at the party, make sure to have all the necessary ingredients and supplies ready. If possible, you can offer to bring any special tools or ingredients that may be needed. It is also a good idea to go over the recipe with the host beforehand to make sure you are both on the same page.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered.chris
  • SherryLynn