• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Streamline Your Show Prep: Tips from Top Consultants for Host & Guest Packets

In summary, Bobbi uses a school folder to store her Host and Guest packets, and includes a Take Charge Take Action Brochure, a Recruiting Brochure/Flyer, and a Monthly Host Special for each show in the Guest packets. She also includes a Contact Label and a Logo Sticker on the folder.
ChefRiGuy
Not sure if this is right catagory to post this, but:

I would like to hear some consultant's opinions on what they put in their host and guest folders for the shows. I hear so many varities and opinons from the few peopl I ask so I want to get a more concise idea and see what the common items are. Also what kind of folders do your use? Is the officemax discount to buy my office supplies like stuff for the folders, pens, copies, etc.

Thanks!

My Host folder (which I use whatever inexpensive school folder is on sale- right now, that can be most of them) - On the left side (Host Info) I have
  • 1 Host catalog,
  • her Show Planner Guide, with a separate invitation list and a SASE with my address on it to mail the invites back to me (I do the invites),
  • a "6 Ways to have a $1k show" flyer,
  • then I also have a Recruiting Brochure/Flyer- trying to simplify and just use the PC "Take Charge Take Action" Brochure we get from supply order,
  • plus whatever special incentive flyer may be applicable right now (like this one).
On the Right side of the host packet folder, I have:
  • 2-3 Catalogs for Outside Orders,
  • plus 5-10 Outside Order Forms (I use the PC ones from CC).
  • Host Specials flyer for the next 3-month (the single-page flyer someone posts on here) - and be sure to let host know about the Booking Benefit- that's why this one is in there. OR you could just print off the next 1-2 months (however many you want people to KNOW about) from CC and just put those in there.
Oh...and I do usually include the Month's Host & Guest Special for that Show's.I've tried to simplify as much as I can- and use as much as what PC provides, instead of creating too much of my own. I put them in colored folders- and my hosts have commented it makes them very easy to find when we get on the phone. She doesn't have to hunt for it.I do stick a contact label on the folder- and a Logo sticker (I just made logo labels on 2x4" labels- copied the logo and then added my contact details- works great for folders, packets, bags, etc.)Guest packets - Right NOW, I just place into a catalog:
  • the same 3-month Host special flyer I linked that I get from here
  • a 3-ply order form
  • Recruiting incentive brochure (half-flyer)
I tried doing folders- but it was too much hassle to have to open/stuff the folders after each show. I may do lapboards later when budget permits.Hope that helps.Also, if you look at the bottom of this page for the thread- you'll see other similar threads of what folks have talked about in the past. This is a common question. :D

Thank you Bobbi..THat is what I remember doing before just wanted to make sure. I may be having a brain fart but not understanding one part you wrote. YOu said print the specials for the host and guest for th emonth of the show and 1 or 2 months out. But also said make sure host knows about the booking benefit, what do you mean by booking benefit?

Mine is really similar to Bobbi's I do have a sheet I call tips (has how to calculate an order as well), I'll find it and post it. The booking benefit is what the current host gets at future parties booked off of her show. Basically the current host becomes the Past host and on the bottom of the host special pages, they describe what the past host can purchase. Usually it is 60 % off of an item.

Okay here is my tips page...

Attachments

• Tips_Holly.doc
    30.5 KB · Views: 624
The booking benefit is when a guest (at the show or outside of the show) books a party (catalog or cooking) from the current host's show. The Current Host can then take advantage of the Monthly Host Special from the month of the guest's show. So I've got a show tomorrow night. She was a guest at a show in July. My July-host, is coming to the August show, and will be able to order one AUgust Host special (cookware) at 60% off. She is very excited about this!So I always include upcoming 1-2 months Host Specials for the Outside Orders section so my current host can maybe encourage outside bookings...because SHE will benefit from it too! SO I'm dangling a carrot in front of her- what she can perhaps get when someone books a show. It works pretty well at shows too! The host always says "who's booking a show next month!!!?" :D And I usually get at least one -because they want to host and they want to help their friend get some more stuff!

Holly- I may have to 'borrow' your tips page! Love it! I have an page on Adding up orders too, forgot about it. But I like yours better.

What is your success rate with getting bookings when you include the next 2 months or so host flyers?

Do you find that when your host sees the specials for the next month or two that they think about postponing their show?

I know you can tell them to use it to encourage their guests to book a show, since they'll still be able to get that discount, but I'm just thinking if they don't think anyone would book a show, etc.

Just curious. Thanks!

kewaters said:
What is your success rate with getting bookings when you include the next 2 months or so host flyers?

Do you find that when your host sees the specials for the next month or two that they think about postponing their show?

I know you can tell them to use it to encourage their guests to book a show, since they'll still be able to get that discount, but I'm just thinking if they don't think anyone would book a show, etc.

Just curious. Thanks!

Well, maybe I've not done enough shows yet- but so far, no one has postponed because they want a different month's specials. If anything, that's when the host will say at her show "Who's having a show next month?!" because she wants cookware or stone, etc. That's been my experience SO FAR.

These are all great tips! I've just booked my "official" first show and I'm trying to get my host packet together.

I love Holly's tip page as well! Does everyone prefer CC/Debit Card? How do purchases work, I thought I had to pay for everything myself and and the guests make payments to me?

topchef.heather said:
These are all great tips! I've just booked my "official" first show and I'm trying to get my host packet together.I love Holly's tip page as well! Does everyone prefer CC/Debit Card? How do purchases work, I thought I had to pay for everything myself and and the guests make payments to me?
Thanks!No, guest can place orders on their own cards. It is easier (especially outside orders) because you don't have to get cash or check. When you enter into P3 there is a tab for payment. You enter their number, expiration date and Name (full name on card).

well my host packets have:
show planner guide
letter from me explaining everything in folder
tips to have a great show (got from here)
guest address sheet (i am doing my hosts invites)
sheet with the next 3 months host and guest specials (got from here as well)
10 oof (i use the generic ones i found on here as well, i don't have to keep printing so many each month)
3 catalogs
recruiting info
booking benefits flyer inside each catalog

guest packet: 3 prong cheap folders
on left hand side
catalog
order form (generic one again)
page protectors
page with next 3 months host/guest specials
my monthly specials paper
booking benefits page

i am really happy i decided to put the page with the next 3 months host/guest specials all my bookings taht i have gotten love that they can see what they can earn and then decide when to book!
fundraiser flyer

Oh that's great, that does sound a lot easier! I obviously haven't had my first show, so I haven't entered anything into P3 except some contacts!

Heather, make up a show and play around with p3. You can always delete it.

Ever since I added the Host Benefits Flyer and a sheet outlining the Host Benefits for the next 3 months to my Guest folders, the number of bookings at my shows have increased dramatically. I started as a consultant in April and was getting 0 or 1 booking per show. I went to folders with flyers and I now get 4-7 bookings per show. I have had 3 shows in August so far and I am already at 13 bookings with 5 more shows to go this month.

I definitely recommend having flyers in your folders which outline the reasons why the guest should book a show. It makes a big difference if they can read it for themselves!

Good luck!

Jessica, what is your booking benefits page??
i seriously never considered making a guest folder and just handed out the catalog and order form. Boy, do i have alot to learn! haha

1. What is a Host Packet?

A Host Packet is a collection of materials and information that is provided to a host who is hosting a Pampered Chef party. It includes instructions, order forms, and catalogs to help the host prepare for and host a successful party.

2. How do I obtain a Host Packet?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you can order Host Packets through your consultant account. You can also purchase them directly from the Pampered Chef website. Host Packets are typically included in your starter kit when you join as a consultant.

3. What is a Guest Packet?

A Guest Packet is a collection of materials and information that is provided to guests who attend a Pampered Chef party. It includes catalogs, order forms, and information about the products and company. It is designed to help guests make informed purchasing decisions at the party.

4. How do I distribute Guest Packets?

You can distribute Guest Packets at the party or beforehand. If you choose to distribute them beforehand, you can either mail them to guests or hand them out in person. It is important to make sure all guests receive a Guest Packet so they can have the information they need to make purchases.

5. Can I customize the contents of Host and Guest Packets?

Yes, as a consultant, you have the ability to customize the contents of Host and Guest Packets to meet your needs. You can add or remove materials, such as product brochures or business cards, to make the packets more personalized for your specific party or guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefmoseley
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AmaraJ
  • Jilleysue
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
2 3 4
Replies
Views
mommyhugz1978