• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Showing Gratitude: Ideas for Host Gifts on a Budget

until it starts to bubble. I use a spoon to drop the candy into the mold and then use the back of a spoon to smooth it out. I let it set in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight. I like to fill the candy hearts with some of my own homemade salted caramel sauce or some of the pampered chef's salted caramel sauce.
pcjulie
Starting in 2006 I would like to start giving my hosts a gift at each of their shows as a thank-you for all of their hard work. I was thinking about something like the Farmers Market Seasonings (on the supply order form). I'd like to have ideas form others about what to give. I know we don't have to do this, but it's something I'd like to do without breaking the bank! Thanks!

Julie Myers
Denver, PA

There is already a thread posted on host gifts. The most common were Season's Bests, Quikuts, etc. Somebody gave simple additions to their hostesses. I think our host program is generous enough. I give Season's Best or magnetic Pampered Chef shopping lists (with my business card on top) for their fridge. They're available through the designated supplier, I think it was Town & Country, but don't recall for sure.

Update: Just did a search in Town & Country and VIP-TPC and cannot find the shopping list. :( Anybody remember where we got these? They have the PC hat logo lightly printed on the shopping list paper and the top portion is where you peel off the sticky and place your business card.

Last edited:
host gifts I give...So far with all of my shows I have given the sample lotion and hand soap and found some $1 cute beaded bags to put them in along with a SBCB. So far I have gotten sales from doing this with both the seasons best as they pass it around to sign and I also have them pass around the lotion to test the scent and they liked it so much they have bought it! Only costs me less then $4.6 as a special thank you to my hosts! ANd they all seemed to have liked the thoughtfulness!

I present them with a Season's Best at the beginning of the show. TPC is very generous with the host rewards program, so I feel I don't need to spend any more of my own money.

For a host gift I make a chocolate heart or candy heart with the Stoneware heart mold and wrap it in clear plastic. When I give it to my host I say that since "my hosts are the HEART of my business, I want you to have this heart as a thank you for having me into your home tonight to show you and your friends all the wonderful products pampered Chef has to offer." I then talk a little bit about the heart mold and all the things you can do with it. I use the Season's Best Cookbook as the door prize drawing and then I have a booking basket with the cake tester, citrus peeler, quikut pairing knife, and the seasoning mix samples.

Tracy

very cute Tracy!As soon as I am out of my lotions and soaps I may have to borrow your idea if you don't mind! I love that part about being the heart of your biz! Very clever!

tlmcunning said:
For a host gift I make a chocolate heart or candy heart with the Stoneware heart mold and wrap it in clear plastic. When I give it to my host I say that since "my hosts are the HEART of my business, I want you to have this heart as a thank you for having me into your home tonight to show you and your friends all the wonderful products pampered Chef has to offer." I then talk a little bit about the heart mold and all the things you can do with it. I use the Season's Best Cookbook as the door prize drawing and then I have a booking basket with the cake tester, citrus peeler, quikut pairing knife, and the seasoning mix samples.

Tracy

Tracy,
How do you make the mold? I have one mold I got for free with the supply order but have never used it. Is there a document about all the things you can do with it?

Susan,

Here is what I do to make the candies:

To make the chocolate heart, I freeze the mold for 1 hour then I melt some chocolate candy melts (can be found at Michael's or Walmart) in my small batter bowl in the microwave and poor it into the mold. I put the mold into the refrigerator for 1 hour or until the chocolate has started to pull away fromthe sides of the mold. I use a quikut pairing knife to help loosen the candy out of the mold.

To make the candy heart, I spray the mold really well with nonstick cooking spray. Melt 20 Jolly Ranchers or any other clear hard candy in a small pan over medium heat just until melted and outer edges of candy are bubbly. Pou the candy in the the mold filling to the top of the mold. Cool 8-10 minutes or until candy has set around the edges. Carefully remove the candy from the mold by lifting an edge with the tip of a pairing knife. Turn mold over and carefully peel candy out of mold and flatten on a hard surface and then cool completely.

Hope that helps
Tracy

tlmcunning said:
Susan,

Here is what I do to make the candies:

To make the chocolate heart, I freeze the mold for 1 hour then I melt some chocolate candy melts (can be found at Michael's or Walmart) in my small batter bowl in the microwave and poor it into the mold. I put the mold into the refrigerator for 1 hour or until the chocolate has started to pull away fromthe sides of the mold. I use a quikut pairing knife to help loosen the candy out of the mold.

To make the candy heart, I spray the mold really well with nonstick cooking spray. Melt 20 Jolly Ranchers or any other clear hard candy in a small pan over medium heat just until melted and outer edges of candy are bubbly. Pou the candy in the the mold filling to the top of the mold. Cool 8-10 minutes or until candy has set around the edges. Carefully remove the candy from the mold by lifting an edge with the tip of a pairing knife. Turn mold over and carefully peel candy out of mold and flatten on a hard surface and then cool completely.

Hope that helps
Tracy

Tracy thank you ~ neither of those sound too difficult. I would have NEVER guessed they were so easy! Is it difficult to clean the pan from the candy? I've never melted it before.

I have never had any problem getting the pan clean after melting the candy. I have the professional cookware, andit is very easy to clean no matter what I cook in it.

Tracy

host gift.I had every intentions of going back to T & C and ordering a ton of those pampered chef pocket calendars that were 1.50.... and giving those out... well they are no longer available....

I too am looking for something different that will not break the bank

great ideas

Never thought of thatIt never occurred to me to give the host anything extra, the company is so generous to them. Of course my average show is $700.00. How about giving them the current season's best? Those are only $1, or you can get them cheaper in lots of 10 on your supply order.

tlmcunning said:
I have never had any problem getting the pan clean after melting the candy. I have the professional cookware, andit is very easy to clean no matter what I cook in it.

Tracy

What about on the stone heart? Do you spray first? I'm so excited to try these ~ actually took it out of the box :)

thank you!

Season's Best is the BestThe Season's Best Cookbook is the best thing I have found and the cheapest to give. I give it to her at the beginning of the show to make sure that all of the guest are there. I tell her I am going to pass it around to let each one of the guest sign it to make it more personal and to make that show or date more personal to her every time she opens her cookbook to use it. And usaully they think it is more than just a gift that cost just a dollar. They also usually go around telling their friends and family that didn't attend about what kind of gift they received. Some of the ones that booked done it for that reason so they could get their personalized SBCB. I have tried candy and chocolate hearts, but it just seems easier for the cookbook. :confused: :p

P.S.- Can anybody tell what I am going to be doing what the New Year rings in. Ya got it! I have been surfing this site since about 8 pm and will probably be on here at midnight since there is sooooo much interesting and helpful things and ideas on here!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR 2006!!!

I did the calendar magnets from VistaPrint as a Christmas gift for all my Hosts from last year. It has my "business card" at the top with the calendar below. Most people put the magnet on their fridge and will see it all year long and hopefully they will remember me.

At the Shows I have given the lotion and soap trial size bottles tied together with raffia, the chocolate hearts made in the Heart Mold, the Mini-serving Spatula and the Season's Best signed by all the guests. The Season's Best has probably been the most receptive.

I have also paired the SB with a button that reads "Honored Hostess"(from The Booster) or a "I Love TPC"(from Nancy's Artworks).

This year I am thinking of offering an additional "gift" to those who book from my bonus dates. (bonus dates meaning the ones I have difficulty booking) I am thinking of a small gift basket with some cheese, crackers, a Small Spreader and maybe some summer sausage. Or maybe a Small Bar Board, Spreader and cheese. Haven't quite decided. I will present this at the Show to encourage others to pick a "bonus" date.

Kimberly

Back to the heartsYou can melt the jolly ranchers for a candy heart, in the micro-cooker. Then just pour into the oiled mold, and rinse right away - good to go!

What an awesome Valentines Nudge treat!!!

rwesterpchef said:
There is already a thread posted on host gifts. The most common were Season's Bests, Quikuts, etc. Somebody gave simple additions to their hostesses. I think our host program is generous enough. I give Season's Best or magnetic Pampered Chef shopping lists (with my business card on top) for their fridge. They're available through the designated supplier, I think it was Town & Country, but don't recall for sure.

Update: Just did a search in Town & Country and VIP-TPC and cannot find the shopping list. :( Anybody remember where we got these? They have the PC hat logo lightly printed on the shopping list paper and the top portion is where you peel off the sticky and place your business card.

Have you found out where you got the shopping list/business cards?

Yes PC does have a generous hostess program but I still like to give a hostess gift. I do each one different based on the host. IE: My cousin hosted a show and she said to me one time that she always wanted one of the aprons, so that was my hostess gift to her. Another one who is into herb gardening, I gave the famers seasoning packet with some basil seeds in a small flower pot. I use the seasons best as a door prize along with a coupon good for 10% off website order.

KirstenAnne said:
Yes PC does have a generous hostess program but I still like to give a hostess gift. I do each one different based on the host. IE: My cousin hosted a show and she said to me one time that she always wanted one of the aprons, so that was my hostess gift to her. Another one who is into herb gardening, I gave the famers seasoning packet with some basil seeds in a small flower pot. I use the seasons best as a door prize along with a coupon good for 10% off website order.

I totally agree with you on that!

What my husband and I have done for all of our shows so far is...when the host is giving us their order with there free product and all of the other perks, we tell them to pick a cookbook, we then put it on their order (at 20-30% off) and we pay the difference. We tell them it is our gift to them for allowing us into their homes and for being such gracious hosts! So far we have had a great response to it.

I am thinking of buying the soap/lotion samples also...I figure anything we can do to make our customers (hosts) happy and feeling special, the better!

BTW, I think the apron was an outstanding idea!

Christina

Another use for the heartsis a bread warmer... at a large meal, just pop the heart in the oven for 10 minutes after you take the turkey out. Put it in the bottom of the bread basket (I use the woven selections) and it ekeps the buns warm for the whole meal...

Esther

varga11 said:
Have you found out where you got the shopping list/business cards?
Sorry, just noticed your post. Yes I got them through Town & Country, item #CHEF5660. Unfortunately, they are no longer available.

Last edited:
HOST gift!!I always try to give a nice basket or gift bag filled with goodies for the host. Depending on the show total I give her some things I get for 40% off in April. I have also given things in my sample packages that I would never use or don't have a need for. They love it. I also make my own chocolate bars on Wilton molds that say Thank you. Plus I add some home made cookies, or a batter bowl with brownie recipe. It just depends. We can be as creative as we want. Sometimes good friends and family have shows for me so I can be generous because their shows are usually great!! I don't spend too much but I let them know they are appreciated. I don't think something in the catalog for $1 or less says that!! Besides we get our door prizes cheap. Bamboo tongs or mini spatulas are cheaper for us and great gifts for hosts. I also include home made coupons to increase sales and to help them earn more FREE stuff while making me lots of money!!! I have a flyer membership for PC consultants where I create all kinds of things to increase show sales and host challenges!! Let me know if anyone is interested!!
Debbie

Flyer websiteHi!
I saw you have a website membership that helps you make flyers....would you care to share??? I can't wait to look into that!!! :D

Mini serving SpatulaI give my hosts a mini serving spatula. I like the heart idea, both with the candy and how cleaver to use it to keep rolls/bread warm! :eek: My old director would give a mini serving spatula to her hosts; however, she would go to Things Remembered and have "The Hostess with the Mostest" engraved on a plate and attach it to the handle of the spatula. You can get the spatulas on supply order, it think they are 5 for $12, something like that.

1. What are some budget-friendly host gifts that I can give?

Some budget-friendly host gifts that you can give include homemade treats, a small potted plant, a personalized thank-you note, a set of kitchen towels, or a candle.

2. Can you provide some ideas for homemade treats that are easy to make?

Yes, you can make homemade treats such as cookies, brownies, granola, or a jar of homemade jam. These are all simple and affordable options that can be made in large batches to give to multiple hosts.

3. How can I personalize a thank-you note for a host?

You can personalize a thank-you note by including specific details about your experience at the host's event or home. You can also mention a specific dish or aspect of the event that you enjoyed. Adding a handwritten note or drawing can also make the thank-you note more personal.

4. Are there any host gifts that are specifically related to cooking or kitchen items?

Yes, you can give a small kitchen gadget, such as a citrus juicer or a set of measuring spoons. You can also give a cookbook or a set of recipe cards. These gifts are not only budget-friendly but also practical for someone who loves cooking or entertaining.

5. Can I give a host gift that is not related to food or cooking?

Absolutely! You can give a small succulent plant, a scented candle, or a set of coasters. These gifts are thoughtful and can be used in any home. You can also consider giving a gift card to a local coffee shop or bookstore for a more personalized touch.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• camiesu
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • luvmypomeranian
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
  • pcjulie