• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Planning a Party on Short Notice: What to Do?

In summary, the host asked the caterer to come up with a meal and dessert for tonight's show, but does not want to spend money. The caterer suggests cooking something they are familiar with and having fun while they demo and sample the food.
Jennvia
I booked a show over a month ago. I have emailed and left messages coaching the host about her party and every day this week I have tried to get in touch with her about her party this Saturday. I went on facebook before going to bed to find that she has over 14 confrimed coming and about 15 maybes. When I asked if she had got my emails and messages, she replied I did I just did not return them. So tonight, this morning, she informs me that she wants me to come up with the meal and dessert for tonight. Do I plan for 14 or do I plan for the possibility of 30? What do I cook? I don't have time to run to the store with all my Saturday activities. What am I to do?

Wow! This does happen. As a matter of fact, I recently had a show that I wasn't sure was happening until about 2 hours before I was to be there, and it was an hour from my house.As for how many to plan for, I consider 1/3 to 1/2 of the maybes as possible. So, in this case, I'd plan for 20 or so. What to make? Something you know well and for which you already have most of what you'll need. Since I don't know your kitchen I can't tell you what that might be.

And you Are not her caterer! You are there to demo and sample, not feed. What did you have planned already? Personally, I wouldn't change what you had planned, if she didn't bother to get in touch with you. And I agree with Rae. I have a host who gets high yes's and then only a few show up.

Meal and dessert? Wow.. that's a lot! I agree with Bobbi, you are not her caterer!

I tell host this is a tasting and that I want to watch her budget. If she insists on a meal and a dessert give her ideas that she can do to compliment what you are making. In this case I might suggest fajitas with fresh salsa and the 13 minute cake in the fluted pan (on sale!). It actually gives her what she wants and is doable - just not in with the bring less idea.Do the cake when you arrive so it can cool and so it frees the microwave. Demo putting the fajitas together and make the salvo while the fajitas cook, then garnish the cake.Have fun!

Did you offer to pick up the ingredients for her or is she "demanding" this?I offer the same 3 recipes all season long and my host picks from that and provides the ingredients. This helps so that they aren't expecting too much. The list tells them to pick ONE!

1. How can I plan a successful party on short notice?

Planning a party on short notice can seem overwhelming, but with some organization and creativity, it is possible to pull off a successful event. Start by making a list of the essentials such as venue, food, decorations, and invitations. Prioritize the most important items and delegate tasks to friends or family members to help with the planning process.

2. What are some tips for finding a last-minute venue?

If you don't have much time to search for a venue, consider using a local community center, park, or even your own home. These options are usually budget-friendly and may be available at short notice. You can also reach out to friends or family who may have a suitable space for your party.

3. How can I create a menu for a last-minute party?

When planning a menu for a party on short notice, it's best to keep it simple. Stick to easy-to-prepare dishes such as finger foods, salads, and sandwiches. Consider using pre-made items from the grocery store or catering services to save time. Don't forget to consider any dietary restrictions of your guests.

4. What are some quick decorating ideas for a last-minute party?

If you don't have time to plan elaborate decorations, consider using items you already have at home. Candles, string lights, and fresh flowers can add a festive touch to any party. You can also use simple items like balloons or streamers to add some color to the space. Don't be afraid to get creative and use items in unexpected ways.

5. How can I invite guests to a last-minute party?

Social media is a great tool for inviting guests to a last-minute party. Create a Facebook event or send out a group message on other social media platforms to quickly get the word out. If you prefer a more personal touch, make a few phone calls or send out digital invitations. Just be sure to give your guests enough notice to RSVP.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ccmahaffey
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Shanz
  • chefjessicah