• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Show's Success: Overcoming Hosting Challenges | March 11th Show

where only 2 guests showed up and it ended up being a $600 show because of a few outside orders that were collected after the show.I would suggest trying to get her to collect outside orders from people who can't attend and out of town friends and family.
chefmelody
I'm having a bit of trouble with a host with an upcoming show on March 11th. She doesn't seem to understand that she needs to invite more people. Since I was going to send invites for her, I sent her a "who do you know?" list, and she mailed it back to me with 7 names and addresses. That's IT. Two of those names were the host and her fiance from the show she booked at! So, there's only 5 new names on here.

She booked at a very small show, so maybe she thinks that's how it should be. She's interested in signing, but I'm afraid she'll get discouraged if her show doesn't even qualify! GAH.

I've done several host coaching calls and emails, each time encouraging her to think of more people to invite. She just brushes me off each time, and I'm getting really worried. Even if all 7 invitees show up, it's bound to be a small show, and I don't want to disappoint her before she even signs!

Any advice would be appreciated.

Don't undervalue the importance of a small show! Sometimes those small shows turn out to be the best ones. I'm not saying you shouldn't continue encouraging her to invite more guests, just that if it turns out to be small, don't worry about it! :)

I did a show a few Fridays ago in which the host invited 19 people. 7 showed up. I got orders from all 7, plus 2 bookings, PLUS one potential recruit and $400 in sales. All in all I was VERY happy with the turnout, despite my initial disappointment. Use the small gathering to take advantage of the time you'll have to spend with each guest. You'll see, it'll be much more intimate and friendly and you may get some good future shows or even a potential recruit or two.

I've been trying to look at each show - good or bad - as a experience. So far I have had experiences with good shows, bad shows, low turnout, high turnout, low sales, high sales, rude guests, super nice guests, quiet guests, super chatty out of control guests. The more shows I do, the less I can possibly be surprised about!

Oh, I don't mind having a small show! The one this host booked at only had 3 guests aside from the host and her fiance. I got 2 bookings and a potential recruit from it, so I didn't mind! I'm just concerned that she now thinks that's the only way to do a show. Also, I'm worried that if she invites 7, no one will show up.

something to try for invitesHave you gotten her to take a look at the 50-in-5 or the 40--in-4 documents? I ahve attached the 50-in-5 but you may want to look at the 40-in-4 also. You can do a search on this site and see if you can find that one as well.

Attachments

• 50 guests in 5 mins-1.doc
    32.5 KB · Views: 529
dont forget the 5-15-5 doc. too. i dont have it saved on here but i know for a fact you can search for it and find it in the search bar. its where the host gets 5 outside orders 15 guests, and then 5 more outside orders and that usually gets a $1000 show!! hope that helps and good luck!

Sounds like you've done all you can to get her to invite as many people as possible. You can let her know she should encourage everyone to bring a guest. I would really try and get her to collect outside orders from people who can't attend and out of town friends and family. My highest show ($941) only had 6 guests. The host did collect quite a few outside orders but I also got 4 bookings and 1 recruit lead at that show! I've also had a show where only 2 guests showed up and it ended up being a $600 show because of a few outside orders that were collected after the show.

Stay positive with her, let her know that you'll all have a great time no matter what! :D

here the 5-15-5 docHere is the 5-15-5 document that Monica was talking about

Guess it would help if I posted it ,huh!!

Attachments

• 5-15-5 flyer.doc
    208 KB · Views: 492
Melody--The next time you talk with her ask her what her goals for her party are. If you know she has her heart set on getting the cookware at half-price or wants a TON of stuff you can get her looking at what it takes in sales to get there. When she sees that it is in her best interest to have a $500 show she will be more attentive to your suggestions.

I had a show in Jan do pretty much the same thing. When she handed me her list with 13 people on it I told her, "between now and the party we're going to have to come up with more people based on the level you want to achieve because only about 1/3 of these people will show up." Well she worked on it and come party day about 20 people showed up!! It was awesome! When we had about 7 she said to get started because she wasn't expecting anyone else, but then the doorbell kept ringing!

Don't give up yet! Work with her goals and encourage her to encourge her guests to bring a friend. Use descriptive words. Take her to a day at the mall with her best girlfriend (visually). Tell her to say, "Bring someone you love to shop with or have fun with. If there was a slammin' party coming up think of the one or two people you would HAVE to bring with you then BRING them because we are going to have a great time! Melody will be making XYZ and we'll be among the first group of people to see TPC newest product line!!"

See if that helps!

Sorry there's more...Don't think of her as a recruit yet. Just host coach her. Help her to have the best party possible.

During her party keep letting the guests know that she is signing up. The goal should be to have her first 4-6 shows booked from her party.

Do your best show as a consultant (with as little stress as possible) and it will help her with her decision.

She's created a wishlist online, and apparently needs $900 in sales to get it all for free. :rolleyes: You'd think that would get her motivated to invite more, but apparently not!

I plan on sending the invitations and doing follow-up calls myself. That way I can definitely get the message to guests to bring a friend.

I do need to point out that whatever shows booked from her show will be her first ones. I don't think I've mentioned this to her. Aaaaah, I'm still a newbie myself! :p

Have you considered the possiblity maybe she just doesn't know very many people? That was my case when I had my show. It took me awhile to work up the nerve to even have a show becasue I was terrified no one would come. On the day of my show two people called to cancel (this resulted in tears). I ended up having 7 people show and had over $800 in sales and I signed up to be a consultant. I know that if my consultant had been pushy with having more guests on my list I would have called off my show, but that is just me...

Mandy--There is a fine line between being pushy and helping her to have her best party. That is why I say to work with the host's goals in mind. If you work from the point of view that YOU want there to be at least 15 people at the party or it is not worth YOUR time then you are being pushy.

Personally, I feel sad for my hosts when they don't heed my suggestions and have a disppointing party (in their minds) because if they had been more open to my suggestions they would've had the best party for them. Usually for the disappointed ones we talk about it later...all the other people she could've asked, but didn't. And usually we plan her next party for a few months later. That second party is almost always better attended. Which meets both of our needs/goals.

What is the purpose of the "Boost Your Show's Success" training?

The "Boost Your Show's Success" training is designed to help hosts overcome common challenges they may face when hosting a Pampered Chef show. It provides tips and strategies to make their show more successful and enjoyable.

When is the "Boost Your Show's Success" training taking place?

The "Boost Your Show's Success" training will take place on March 11th. It will be available to access at any time on that day, so hosts can participate at their convenience.

Who is eligible to participate in the "Boost Your Show's Success" training?

All Pampered Chef hosts, regardless of their level or experience, are welcome to participate in the "Boost Your Show's Success" training. It is a great opportunity for both new and seasoned hosts to improve their hosting skills.

Is there a cost to participate in the "Boost Your Show's Success" training?

No, the "Boost Your Show's Success" training is completely free for all Pampered Chef hosts to access. We want to support our hosts in their business and provide them with the tools to succeed.

How can I access the "Boost Your Show's Success" training?

The "Boost Your Show's Success" training will be available on the Pampered Chef website. Simply log in to your account and look for the training under the "Resources" section. It will also be shared on the Pampered Chef social media pages.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Becca_in_MD
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Nanisu
Replies
Views
thefoodking
  • ashleypc
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies