• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Host/Consultant Transition: Clarifying Party Booking and Discounts

booked the show.You need to get the past host's number from CC or the hostess in order to enter the booking into PP.
RossDeb2
Gold Member
I have a host that is signing up as a consultant. People are booking parties off of her party. Since she is becoming a consultant, she does not still qualify for host 60% off at their parties. Is that correct? If so, I do not need to show bookings on her show because she will be doing those parties as the consultant. Is my thinking correct? Thanks for the help!

What I would do is set the show up with the Husband as the Co-Host and list all the bookings so that HE can have those items at the shows when they hold .

: )

Okay, I forgot one little part...she is also planning to use part of her FPV to sign up.

I think they may have change it b/c I had a host sign up in Jan. and she's got the host special off of every single one of her bookings.

I was under the impression that they weren't able to get the host benefit after they signed up just like we as consultants weren't able to if we had an open house and booked shows off of it we couldn't get the past host benefit.

I agree with Gail. Put in her dh,boyfriend, or friend as a co host. She can still use the fpv. When the other parties happen just put in the co host with the host special. Don't forget to put the co host has booking a party in case she wants to have another party for the new products.

Congrats on signing someone!

Wait, if she's doing the parties as a consultant, then she won't be able to get the booking benefit anyway, since YOU'RE not doing the shows. Isn't that right? Don't the booked shows still need to be entered in the same PP program for it to allow you to put the booking benefit in?

chefmelody said:
Wait, if she's doing the parties as a consultant, then she won't be able to get the booking benefit anyway, since YOU'RE not doing the shows. Isn't that right? Don't the booked shows still need to be entered in the same PP program for it to allow you to put the booking benefit in?

Nope!! Booking Benefit follows the hostess not the consultant!!

What is FPV?Only if she is consulting the show she does not get the host benefits. If she has not signed and you are conulting, everything is normal. ALL the host benefits are hers. AND if she is going to use the $20 or $40 signing credit, the show HAS to be in her name. She gets the host product, the discounts and everything else.
No, she would not be able to order the host specials from the shows booked from her once she signs up and if she consults on those booked shows.

I have never heard that a host can sign, then do the shows booked from hers with her as the consutlant and order the host specials as the past host.
That just does not sound like something we have ever been able to do.
However, I definately could be wrong here. I would double check with HO to be sure.

Last edited:
DZmom said:
Nope!! Booking Benefit follows the hostess not the consultant!!

But then how is it entered in PP? I always have to save the past host discount number on the contact before it will let me enter their booking benefit host special.

I suppose she could just try... save her own contact information and her PH#, then try to enter a booking benefit order. See what happens.

I asked my director about this b/c I know one of my recruits was able to get the benefits more than once. She said that now they are able to get the benefit.

HTH

chefmelody said:
But then how is it entered in PP? I always have to save the past host discount number on the contact before it will let me enter their booking benefit host special.

I suppose she could just try... save her own contact information and her PH#, then try to enter a booking benefit order. See what happens.

I have a customer that wanted to do a show in Nov, but her SIL had already scheduled a show, so the consultant from the SIL's show has to enter the booking into PP before she submits the show. When my customer, Kerry, has her show I either will have to go to CC and lookup the past host's number or the host will have to get me her number.

I asked my director how this works because Kerry refuses to have a show for anyone other than me and she didn't know the SIL was having a show until she received her host packet and started inviting church members that the SIL had already invited.

1. What are the benefits of becoming a Pampered Chef host?

As a host, you can earn free and discounted products, receive exclusive host rewards, and have the opportunity to try out new products before they are released to the public. Additionally, hosting a party is a great way to socialize with friends and family while learning new cooking and entertaining tips.

2. How do I become a Pampered Chef consultant?

To become a consultant, you can sign up through a current consultant or through the Pampered Chef website. You will need to purchase a starter kit, which includes all the necessary materials and tools to start your business. You will also have access to training and support from experienced consultants to help you succeed.

3. What is the average income for a Pampered Chef consultant?

The income for a Pampered Chef consultant varies depending on individual effort and sales. However, the average consultant earns around $200-300 per party and can make up to 20% commission on their personal sales. Consultants also have the opportunity to earn bonuses and incentives based on their performance.

4. How often do Pampered Chef consultants need to host parties?

There is no set requirement for how often consultants need to host parties. Many consultants choose to host parties once or twice a week, while others may only do a few parties per month. The key is finding a schedule that works best for you and your availability.

5. Can I still be a consultant if I have a full-time job?

Yes, many Pampered Chef consultants have full-time jobs and use their consulting business as a side gig. The flexibility of being a consultant allows you to work around your schedule and host parties on evenings and weekends. You can also choose to do online parties or catalog parties to supplement your income.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • sailorsarah
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
sailorsarah
  • TheFreddiesCook
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies