• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Host Coaching Calls for Your Business Revamp - Tips & Strategies

In summary, the hostess receives a guest list form from the consultant, pays for postage, and gives out at least 40 invitations. The guest list form has two pages, the first page is for the host to print and the second page is for the hostess to fill in the guest's information. The hostess also calls all of the guests themselves.
bbauman07
Gold Member
I'm revamping my business right now. I'm curious how calls everyone makes to their hosts, and when you make those calls (1st call 3 weeks before) I myself make 3 calls to my hosts. Thanks.

I'm horrible at making calls myself, so yes, I would love to hear what everyone else does. Plus, any tips to get your hostess to make follow up calls. I can't get them to do it and then they wonder why no one shows up.I've even offered to do them myself.

I automatically do the follow up calls to the guests. Since I mail out their invites, they provide me with names and addys and if they didn't give me the phone number I look them up with switchboard. I call the ones I have a number for.

How do you get your hosts to mail you a guest list? I have tried a few times and they all ask for the cards. Do you pay for their postage?

Offer it as a PERK!My mom's consultant sends a SASE with a guest list form in her host packet. (Removes any reason to put it off!) She tells her host that the reason she needs the guest's phone number is because she does follow-up calls regarding their products and experience. She'll never sell the information or do anything else with it.. It is purely for business purposes. She also gives the host a gift (bar board/knife set, currently) for having 40+ guests on their list. (She adds that onto their order at the end of their show) She sends out the invites and calls all of the guests herself (even just leaving messages on some answering machines), telling her hosts that it's a perk of having a show with her. She says that since she's been doing this, she's had a huge surge in her attendance and show stability. (The last show she had, five people never got their invites in the mail and when she called them, they had no idea about the party--in the end all five came to her show, thanks to her calls!) And her hosts have been happier! All they have to do is fill out a guest list, pick up their house, and buy some recipe ingredients! How easy is that!?

I also pay for the postage. I have seen an increase in my show attendance (from 5 to 12 average). I usually give a small gift (mini spat) for getting 40+ orders on her guest list. I even had one host give me 72 names to get cards out to. At the time I kicked myself for paying that much postage, but she had my highest sales show yet. Her attendance wasn't as high as we had hoped, but she had alot of last minute cancellations due to the flu going around here.

Guest List FormHere's the guest list form that I'm going to use for my hosts from now on. Printing the 2nd page on the back of the 1st page will keep it as just one piece of paper that they need to mail back to me.

Attachments

• Guest List Form.doc
    41 KB · Views: 264
  • Guest List Form - pg 2.doc
    37.5 KB · Views: 219
My director gave me some good advice. She told me to pay for postage and tell the host that it's just one more benefit of being a Pampered Chef host. That makes it easy to get their address list. I also tell them to give me at least 40 names and addresses (I give them a chart to fill in) because usually only a third of the people invited actually attend the show. My director learned this the hard way because she found out that hosts were only inviting a small fraction of the people actually on her list and then having poor turnout, thus low sales. Her sales and bookings have remained consistently higher since she started mailing the invitations for her host. Also, a host is less likely to cancel on you when she knows that at least 40 invitations have been sent out.

As far as host calls goes, ideally, I try to make three: 1)30 days before show 2)21 days before show and 3)3 days before show

Guest List FormHere is the form that I made up to use with my hosts from this point on. Printing the 2nd page on the back of the 1st will give them just one piece of paper to mail back to me (using a SASE included in their packet).

Attachments

• Guest List Form.doc
    41 KB · Views: 546
  • Guest List Form - pg 2.doc
    37.5 KB · Views: 450
We're going to have a new triplicate guest list form on paperwork/supply. I can't wait to see it.

pchefinski said:
Here is the form that I made up to use with my hosts from this point on. Printing the 2nd page on the back of the 1st will give them just one piece of paper to mail back to me (using a SASE included in their packet).

I love this!! Thank you so much for sharing. :p

A triplicate guest list is a great idea. I am anxious to see what it looks like.

I'm looking forward to the triplicates as well...I think we can start ordering new paperwork beginning on 1/26...is this right?

I offered the option to my hosts last year of sending out the invitations and more often than not, they wanted to send the cards themselves. I had more cancellations last year than I like to think about. One of my (many) resolutions for a Pampered Chef New Year was to not offer the choice. I ask for a full guest list, but if there are SOME names that don't have addresses, my hosts can hand-deliver the invites. So far, no one has flinched, in fact, they've been more than happy to get the list to me. I guess it's all in the approach you use! ;)

Mary

Maybe that's my problem, I do offer a choice. Thanks Amanda I like your guest list. I use address labels, with spots for them to fill in all of their info, I even include a SASE for return. I'm going to try paying for postage also.

I haven't checked out the new supply order form yet. Triplicates forms are nice, I have never used them as a consultant but I have used them as a host. Sounds like PC is doing alot of revamping too.

Does anyone else have anything to share about when and how many host calls they make? Or any host tips for that matter. :)

I looked on my PP and I didn't see any triplicate forms. The new catalogs and order forms and stuff was there, but not guest list forms. I did see a guest label item. Was that it?

1. How often should I be making host coaching calls?

It is recommended to make host coaching calls at least once a week leading up to the event. This will help keep your host excited and motivated to have a successful party.

2. What should I include in my host coaching calls?

Be sure to include information about the products, any current promotions or specials, and tips on how to have a successful party. You can also use this time to answer any questions or concerns your host may have.

3. How can I make my host coaching calls more personal?

Take the time to get to know your host and their guests. Use their names throughout the call and ask about their interests and hobbies. This will help create a personal connection and make the host feel more comfortable and excited about the party.

4. Is it okay to schedule host coaching calls outside of business hours?

Yes, it is okay to schedule host coaching calls outside of business hours if it is more convenient for your host. Just be sure to respect their time and schedule the call at a time that works best for them.

5. How can I track the success of my host coaching calls?

One way to track the success of your host coaching calls is by keeping a record of the host's responses and actions. You can also ask for feedback and track the number of guests who attend the party. This will help you see what strategies are working and what may need improvement for future host coaching calls.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • kayleigh
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Kathy Jewell