• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Host coach me...

Monty060609

Sep 30, 2009
So today is my first real real show. I've been a consultant since October but been very slacking the whole time. And when I tried to do shows at my house no one could come, except once when my MIL came. So I'm pretending that I just signed up and this is my grand opening show :) It will also be all I have to be active for January.

I would so greatly appreciate any tips, encouragement, ideas, etc that I should be sure to do. I posted my show outline the other day, but now that today is here I'm getting a bit nervous. :eek: The show is at 3pm.

TIA!!

Sheila

Legend Member
Gold Member
Mar 26, 2008
Host coaching is all the pre-show stuff ... invite lots of people, utilize the online ordering system, if they can't come offer to let them place an outside order, if they RSVP that they will be there - call them 2 days before the show (even if it's when you know that they are not home so you can leave a msg without being tied to the phone for hours) and tell them how you are looking forward to seeing them on Saturday at 3PM for your show, etc.

As far as new consultant training, HAVE FUN! That's what it's all about. Realize that nothing (even a wedding) will usually go off without a hiccup. Be prepared for a non-perfect show and don't let it get to you when/if something does happen. Someone else on CS made a comment recently about being a Pampered Chef not a Perfect Chef ... that's great advice! :D

Make sure you take printouts for the upcoming specials so you can get more bookings!

If you are going to do a door prize drawing or a game, don't forget to take the gifts!!!

Walk yourself through the recipe at home first. If it says "cut the tomatoes", make sure you have something to cut them with and something to cut them on ... do you need a small bowl to put them in while something else is being cut? If you walk yourself through the recipe step by step and pull out each tool that you will need for that part of the recipe, you'll be prepared & not in a state of panic when you realize that you've forgotten a tool. ;)

Oh, and have fun!!! I know I said that already, but it's one of the most important things to remember!!! If you are having fun, the guests will too and they will be more apt to book a fun Cooking Show of their own!!! :D

Monty060609

Sep 30, 2009
Thanks Sheila!

You're right, host coach wasn't the right way to put that.

I've got folders made with catalog, order form, Jan/Feb/Mar specials, recipe card and guest info sheet.
I've got a gift ready for the 1st to arrive (bc no one wants to be that person LOL)
I've got my game ready with a gift and I've got three small gifts for the door prize drawing.

I've been thinking about the recipes. I'm only doing the chicken in the baker and garlic parm biscuits. So that should be easy.
The biggest thing I'm nervous about is the booking slide, I've never used one. I feel goofy doing it, but I'm ok with that part. I just don't know when to put it out.

Sheila

Legend Member
Gold Member
Mar 26, 2008
I've just started using my booking slide recently. I do that part of the demo when everyone is sitting down feeding their face & quiet! LOL Works GREAT! I cover all the host specials, tell them about the shipping restrictions for living on an overseas military base and then announce that as a "consolation" to not being able to do "ship to host" here in Okinawa, that I do free shipping as my door prize & have everyone stop to fill out the door prize drawing slip at that point. That way, they've already done the interactive show, touched the products, tried the recipe and heard about hosting/becoming a consultant when they get to the boxes that they might want to check on the door prize drawing slip. :D

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views