• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing host cancellations: A smart approach to rescheduling parties

In summary, the conversation discusses a new idea for handling reschedules and cancellations in a direct sales business. The idea involves rescheduling on the host if they reschedule more than once, in order to avoid losing potential income. This idea was shared by Suzette de Araujo and Patsy McGovern and has been successful for some consultants.
PamperedGinger
I got this email from my upline director (Patsy McGovern) who got it from Suzette de Araujo. I thought it was a fabulous idea and thought I'd pass it on.

Hi everyone,
Just wanted to share a thought I had about reschedules/cancellations. I'm sure someone has already thought of this, but it was an "AH-HA" moment in my business.

Since reschedules/cancellations are a fact of our business, many consultants have different ways of handling them, i.e., some will only reschedule once, some twice and after that they won't reschedule the hostess. Some consultants get really upset because it means lost revenue for that night and a lost chance of possibly rebooking that date, etc.

Well, I was thinking that since most times we really have no control over the issue, you know the old saying, "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em?"...Why not reschedule on them!!!

What do I mean. Well, here's how I've decided to handle the whole matter...
If a hostess calls to reschedule, I'm not going to get upset, make her feel bad, (which I never did anyway...I've never guilted a host into keeping a date), etc. I'm going to empathize with her plight for that evening (oh, what a shame that your dog threw up on your carpet....don't laugh, it is actually an excuse given to one of my consultants!) and right then and there pick a new date. When I write her name down in my book for the second date, I'm going to place a number 1 next to her name. This will alert me to the fact that this hostess has rescheduled on me once. Should she call back and reschedule again...hey, the dog could have a stomach problem (and we all know there are hostesses out there who do this!), I will simply repeat the process, but this time, put a #2 next to her name.

Now, I know you're thinking, hey, she's taking up dates that I could book a party that WON'T reschedule. And, you're right. But here's the TWIST!!!! If I am able to book a party on a night when I have a hostess who's rescheduled twice (there's a #2 next to her name), I will book the party with the new host and call the rescheduled host #2 and reschedule on her!!!!! If I'm not able to book that night, and I've left reschedule host #2 on that date, there's no income lost anyway and there still exists the possibility that Host Reschedule #2 might actually hold her show date!

What does this do? It allows me to appear flexible while at the same time managing my business by keeping business instead of turning it away due to reschedules. Some hostesses really do have valid reasons when they need to reschedule and it doesn't necessarily mean they don't want to have the party. If I've asked them if they really want to have the party and they say "yes" it is to my advantage to keep them on my calendar. But why shouldn't I have the ability to reschedule them if I need to.

Again, probably not a new idea, but it was for me!

Holding datesThat's a great idea from Suzette/Patsy!! I will use it - thanks! Here's a letter that was forwarded to me by my hospitallity consultant from her upline that helps keep dates solid. The author said that she has had very few cancellations since she started using it!

Attachments

• confirmation letter.doc
    28 KB · Views: 863
Last edited:
Thanks for the advice and letters ladies. I have only been a consultant since February but have had people cancel on me 5 times already without giving me enough time to pencil in another show date for that day. I try not to get discouraged by it but its hard to at least not be frustrated by it. I don't think people really realize sometimes that PC is our job and our means of income too. I'm going to try using the letter with my future hostesses. If I get another hostess that just keeps canceling and rescheduling a show I'm definately not going to be afraid to reschedule with her if need be. Thanks so much!

Another idea that I sometimes do with hosts that reschedule is toAnother idea that I sometimes do with hosts that reschedule is to schedule them for a day I would not normally work. That way I've got an extra show if it holds, but don't lose anything if they cancel again.

Hi there!

Thank you for sharing this idea with us. It's always great to hear different perspectives and strategies for handling reschedules and cancellations. I can see how this approach can be helpful in managing our busy schedules and keeping our business running smoothly. It's important to be understanding and flexible with our hostesses, but also have a system in place to keep our calendar organized and maximize our opportunities for bookings. I will definitely keep this in mind and see if it works for me in my business. Thanks again for passing on this idea!

Best,

What is the policy for host cancellations?

The policy for host cancellations varies depending on the specific circumstances. However, in general, if a host needs to cancel their party, we ask that they notify us as soon as possible so we can make the necessary arrangements. If the cancellation is made within 48 hours of the scheduled party, the host may be responsible for any non-refundable expenses incurred by Pampered Chef, such as product samples or promotional materials.

Can a host reschedule their party if they need to cancel?

Yes, a host can reschedule their party if they need to cancel. We understand that unexpected events can occur and we are happy to work with the host to find a new date that works for them. Please note that any non-refundable expenses incurred by Pampered Chef, such as product samples or promotional materials, may still apply.

What happens if a host cancels their party after guests have already placed orders?

If a host cancels their party after guests have already placed orders, those orders will still be processed and fulfilled. The host may still receive host rewards based on the total sales from the party, even if they are unable to hold the party as planned.

What if a host needs to cancel due to a personal emergency?

In the case of a personal emergency, we ask that the host contact us as soon as possible so we can make the necessary arrangements. Depending on the circumstances, we may be able to waive any non-refundable expenses. Our top priority is always the well-being and safety of our hosts and their families.

How can a host cancel their party?

A host can cancel their party by contacting their Pampered Chef consultant or by calling our customer service line. We ask that they provide as much notice as possible so we can assist them with rescheduling or making any necessary arrangements. Our team is here to support and help in any way we can.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedmomto3
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
dpcharlotte
  • MrsTLC
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
raebates
  • pcsharon1