• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Questions on Starting a Business: Benefits & Costs

but I think it's worth it to wash your hands. Hmmm...that's weird, I've never had it ask for my credit card. How are you registering for teleclasses? Is it through the main PC website? Are you sure it wasn't for National Conference? I personally don't use gloves, but I know some consultants do and you can purchase them through paperwork/supply. I'm just sure to wash my hands before and several times during the demo.Yes, I went to the main PC site, chose a class,and a window came up for credit card info. I'll double check on it tho. Thanks for all your info. Much Appreciated!
proudmama02
I start my business July 1. I have a couple questions.
Do the host receive any benefits for having bookings? and
How much does it cost to listen to a tele-call?
I would greatly appreciate any feedback. Thanks, Nancy

Congratulations on starting your business! Yes, the host receives a booking bonus for every booking she receives at her show. There is a monthly host special that every host is able to purchase at her show. It's usually 60% off some great product. For example, in June she can receive the entire grill tool collection for only $40! So, when a host has a booking at her show, she'll be able to purchase whatever the monthly host special is for that month when the booked show is held. So, if one of my June hosts has a booking from her show for August, she'll get to purchase the August host special. So, in August, she can get the Stainless Mixing Bowl Set or the Prep Bowl Set for 60% off. I hope that makes sense!

For teleclasses, they are free, but you would have to pay for the long distance call to call in. I just use my cell phone since I get free long distance on that. Teleclasses are a GREAT tool for your business!

This website is a great place to ask questions whenever you have any! Good luck with your business!

Thanks So Much! I have been looking thru this site for a few days now, and I just LOVE IT! Great ideas and info. SO, when I tried to get on a teleclass, it wanted my credit card, so this means I would have to pay for the class...Correct?? And, Do you wear gloves while making/serving food??
Appreciate all the help!!

pamperedbecky said:
Congratulations on starting your business! Yes, the host receives a booking bonus for every booking she receives at her show. There is a monthly host special that every host is able to purchase at her show. It's usually 60% off some great product. For example, in June she can receive the entire grill tool collection for only $40! So, when a host has a booking at her show, she'll be able to purchase whatever the monthly host special is for that month when the booked show is held. So, if one of my June hosts has a booking from her show for August, she'll get to purchase the August host special. So, in August, she can get the Stainless Mixing Bowl Set or the Prep Bowl Set for 60% off. I hope that makes sense!

For teleclasses, they are free, but you would have to pay for the long distance call to call in. I just use my cell phone since I get free long distance on that. Teleclasses are a GREAT tool for your business!

This website is a great place to ask questions whenever you have any! Good luck with your business!

Hmmm...that's weird, I've never had it ask for my credit card. How are you registering for teleclasses? Is it through the main PC website? Are you sure it wasn't for National Conference?

I personally don't use gloves, but I know some consultants do and you can purchase them through paperwork/supply. I'm just sure to wash my hands before and several times during the demo.

I am with PamperedBecky, I dont wear gloves either. I tried once and they were more trouble than they were worth. I just make sure to wash my hands and I try to announce that I am washing my hands so they will pay attention to me doing so.

Yes, I went to the main PC site, chose a class,and a window came up for credit card info. I'll double check on it tho. Thanks for all your info. Much Appreciated!
pamperedbecky said:
Hmmm...that's weird, I've never had it ask for my credit card. How are you registering for teleclasses? Is it through the main PC website? Are you sure it wasn't for National Conference?

I personally don't use gloves, but I know some consultants do and you can purchase them through paperwork/supply. I'm just sure to wash my hands before and several times during the demo.

The teleclasses are free. It may ask you for your CC info. I somewhat remember them asking for my info but they never charged me for them. It always says that the cost of the class was $0.00. I don't know why they even bother putting the cost.
I've used gloves a couple of times but they usually do get in the way so I don't use them anymore. You can always try and if you don't like using them then don't worry about it. Good luck with starting your new PC business!

Its free!As stated, the teleclasses are totally free. The first screen mentions about credit cards, but once you go on to the next page you'll see that you don't pay and don't have to enter any credit card number whatsoever. The cost will say $0.00 and you just choose the class. I have basically taken them all that is offered at my level.

I highly recommend all the Super Starter ones, especially at the onset of your business while you are excited. Its hard to find time later when you think you "know" what your doing :)

I always use gloves, I haven't found it gets in the way, I bought the PC ones for cheap and I feel more comfortable wearing them. If it makes one guest feel totally comfortable then it is worth it for me. I would rather see someone wear it if I were a guest. As stated before, maybe you should try it and see if it is for you!!
Good luck and CONGRATS!!

janel kelly said:
The teleclasses are free. It may ask you for your CC info. I somewhat remember them asking for my info but they never charged me for them. It always says that the cost of the class was $0.00. I don't know why they even bother putting the cost.
I've used gloves a couple of times but they usually do get in the way so I don't use them anymore. You can always try and if you don't like using them then don't worry about it. Good luck with starting your new PC business!
Yeah your right, I entered the cc info,and it did come up 0. Thanks everyone!!

chefloriray said:
I am with PamperedBecky, I dont wear gloves either. I tried once and they were more trouble than they were worth. I just make sure to wash my hands and I try to announce that I am washing my hands so they will pay attention to me doing so.

Hi I will be in ss3 next month and I did the hand washing thing alot but at my last show I brought some pre-moistened cloths with me and used them alot. It saved time from runnig to the kitchen every so often..ijust reached over and grabbed the towel. Is this ok to do?

1. What are the benefits of starting a business?

Starting a business can bring many benefits, such as being your own boss, having control over your schedule, and the potential for financial success and growth. It also allows you to pursue your passion and make a positive impact in your community.

2. What are the costs associated with starting a business?

The costs of starting a business can vary depending on the type of business you want to start. Some common costs include business registration fees, permits and licenses, equipment and supplies, marketing and advertising, and professional services such as legal and accounting fees. It's important to create a detailed budget to accurately estimate your costs.

3. Do I need to have a business plan before starting a business?

While it's not a legal requirement, having a business plan can greatly increase your chances of success. A business plan helps you outline your goals, target market, financial projections, and strategies for growth. It also serves as a roadmap for your business and can be used to secure funding from investors or lenders.

4. Are there any tax benefits for business owners?

Yes, there can be tax benefits for business owners. Depending on the structure of your business, you may be able to deduct business expenses, such as office supplies, travel expenses, and health insurance premiums. You may also be eligible for tax credits, such as the Small Business Health Care Tax Credit.

5. Do I need to have a business license to start a business?

In most cases, yes. Most cities and states require businesses to obtain a license or permit before they can legally operate. The specific licenses and permits you need will vary depending on your location and the type of business you have. It's important to research and obtain all necessary licenses and permits to avoid any legal issues.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• TJMagoo
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • BethCooks4U
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • nancycookspc