• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Celebrate with Us: Host Appreciation Event in February!

In summary, my goal for Customer Appreciation Day is to offer great savings and give customers the opportunity to win
Kristen
Hi,

I'd like to have a Host Appreciation Event in February to thank all of my hosts for their hospitality and for being such an important part of my business. I thought I'd post my ideas here, but I'd love more input on similar events you all may have done!

I'd like to use the opportunity to share our new recipes and spring/summer products...I'm NOT looking to get bookings or sales out of this event (although I won't turn them away if I do!). I just don't want to turn people off by thinking I'm tricking them into hosting another show. I really do want to just make this a special way of saying thanks. I will, however, make sure people know about the discontinuing products, since it will be their last chance to pick those up.

I'm planning to have an on-time drawing and another drawing about an hour into the event. I've got a ton of extra stuff on hand, so I was planning on giving extra products as the door prizes.

Other things I'm thinking - prepare one (maybe two) of the new Celebrations recipes, along with some Pampered Chef tea (and other beverages). I've got the Farmer's Market Seasonings, so I'll make those too. I'm not planning to do a demo since they've all been through one in the last several months (I just started in September). I'll also give each person a new mini-catalog and recipe cards with the new Celebrations recipes.

That's about all I've thought of so far. Any other suggestions of things to do or hand out as take-aways?

Thanks!! :D

I think that's a great idea. I did one last February and made it a mystery host show. I might have even offered a discount too, but you don't want to give away too much of your commission. I did it and gave away too much commission, so I won't do that again! My goal was to get great sales that month because it was double points last FEbruary too. I just did it as a catalog/internet show. I think you'd have better luck in person, although don't call it an Open House as we've all heard here. I say go for it!! Here's the script of a reminder email I sent out when I did this a year ago:

MY CUSTOMERS ARE GREAT!!!!!!

Here is a reminder about my Customer Appreciation Day on Wednesday! In honor of my upcoming second anniversary with The Pampered Chef, I would like to thank all of you who have made this “job” so enjoyable and rewarding! I’m dedicating a special day just for you and as a huge thank you I’m offering you some special savings. If you've had your eye on any particular product, have a lengthy wish list, have wanted to buy a couple small things or have wanted to buy a couple big-ticket items, this is a great time to do it. Also, several products are being retired by February 28th, so now's your chance to get them. See the end of this email to find out which ones. This special day is not a company-sponsored offer…it’s MY special gift to you. WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 23RD is CUSTOMER APPRECIATION DAY and you will have the opportunity to save 10%-25% on your PRODUCT TOTAL! All of my past hosts can take an additional 10% off, even if it’s been over a year since your show. I will also be having a “MYSTERY HOST” contest! When you place an order of $25 or more, you will be entered in a drawing to be the Host of this “show.” This means the winner will also receive all of the host rewards! You can earn FREE products, up to 3 half-price products, a 10%-30% discount on any other purchases, a 10% discount for an entire year AND a chance to earn the wonderful Host Bonus, depending on the level of the show sales total. The winner of the "MYSTERY HOST" contest will be contacted by 2/25/05. So, here’s how it will work:

On February 23rd, you must contact with me your order via email, my website or phone. Your discount will depend on WHEN you contact me throughout the day:

10 am – 11 am: 25% discount

11 am- 12 pm: 20% discount

12 pm – 2 pm: 15% discount

2 pm – 4 pm: 10% discount

** EARLY BIRD SPECIAL: Call before 5 pm TUESDAY FEBRUARY 22nd and receive the 25% discount!!

AND THAT'S NOT ALL:

** Remember, orders of $25 or more will receive an entry in the “Mystery Host” drawing.

** Orders of $50 or more will receive a FREE Classic Batter Bowl (a $13.00 value).

** Anyone who gathers additional orders from friends or family will receive a free gift

To place an order on xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx go to the "Our Products" section and click on "How to Purchase", then enter "Becky Gosain" as the host in the box on the right. Note: You will not see the discount reflected in your order total. I will adjust this before I place the order.

Here's the fine print:

There is NO limit to the amount of your purchase - shop til you drop!.
Discount amount is on product total only.
You MUST share this special with your friends!!!! Please feel free to forward this email.
Discounts only good for purchases made through Becky Gosain
Orders will be available for pick-up at my house by mid-March. Your order may be shipped direct for an additional fee.
Payment (check made payable to me or credit card) must be received by 2/26/05.
You will receive a confirmation call or email from me if we do not speak directly.

I'm planning a host appreciation show at my house on the first weekend in March. My first show ever was the first weekend in March last year, so to mark my first year I thought I'd invited all the hosts who helped make it a success.
I'm not doing a demo either. I am going to have the new stuff on display and I'm going to discuss the various products. I'm going to make 3 or 4 of the new Celebrations recipes for everyone to try. My director suggested having a "Recipe Taste-Off" where the guests try the new recipes and vote on their favorite. The goal here being "choose your favorite recipe and I'll make it at your show."
I am hoping for some bookings from this show. For one thing, I will remind them that their Past Host Discount expires in one year so in order to keep their 10% discount they need to book another show.

AppreciationI do a semi-annual Kilo Kickoff. I hold them in February and August. I invite my kilo club members ($1000 hosts) at 6 pm to try new recipes (they get extra food), see the new products, and get a discount on any order they place. I invite past hosts (hosted at least 2 shows) at 6:30 pm to try new recipes and see the new products.

The kickoff is over at 8 pm. NO DEMO. I also set out ALL OF THE PRODUCTS!! People love being able to hold products in their hands. I also have a "try it station" for the food chopper, US&G, microplaner etc. Works wonderful!

My last kickoff in August was $900. I offer prize tickets for bringing a guest, $$ amounts for orders, booking a show, and signing to join my team. With these prize tickets, I give away products at 6:15 (Kilo club only), 6:45 and 7:15. These are NEW products.

I then divide up the benefits from the show and give them away as well. For example I give away each half-price item seperately and I will divide up the free amount, such as $25, $50 etc. The nice thing about this is that the person who won $25 in free often buys a $30 product...so that adds to the commissionable sales!

Splitting the benefits--I then divide up the benefits from the show and give them away as well. For example I give away each half-price item seperately and I will divide up the free amount, such as $25, $50 etc.--

Marlene when you split the benefits who's name do you put the show under? I have considered this and wasn't sure how to make that work. If you put the name under yourself or one of the winners how does the warranty work if there are any problems?

Thanks,
Leea

I am doing a customer appreciation the last Saturday In Feb. I am splitting up the host benefits to give away also, but I am also accepting pre orders for the new stuff. Since March is only a few days away, it won't be that big of a deal. That way my customers can buy discontinued items, both or either or. I will demo one thing, but premaking other stuff. I will have a pitcher of our ice tea, I am making cosmos in our measure mix and pour. I am also offering 10% off of any cookware purchased. I can't wait it is going to be a blast.
I can't post my flyer, but here is what is on there:

Dear Past Hosts, Customers, Family & Friends,
*I wanted to thank each and everyone of you for helping me build my business. Because of your support I was able to earn over $1800 in free product within my first 3 months. Thank you so much! My business would not be doing as well as it is, if it wasn't for all of you. As a thank you I am having a party at my house on Saturday February 25th @ 6PM. There will be food drinks and prizes. We will raffle off host benifits such as 60% of one piece of open stock cookware, and free product.
*Spring is just around the corner, and that means new products are in. I will have all the new products for you to see. You will be able to purchase new products before anyone else, purchase retiring products before they go away forever, and save an additonal 10% on any cookware you purchase(that includes the new Excutive Cookware). That means if you are a past host you can save 20% off of all cookware.
*Recieve a gift for every outside order or friend you bring to the party. Please feel free to call or email me with any questions.
Sincerly,

Amanda Fairall :D

New idea!!
Harrle said:
--I then divide up the benefits from the show and give them away as well. For example I give away each half-price item seperately and I will divide up the free amount, such as $25, $50 etc.--

Marlene when you split the benefits who's name do you put the show under? I have considered this and wasn't sure how to make that work. If you put the name under yourself or one of the winners how does the warranty work if there are any problems?

Thanks,
Leea

Leea,

I put the show under the person who spent the most $$$...this is their benefit (10% off for a year) of being the top buyer of the evening! I print everyone a hostess receipt for their products along with their receipt for the products they purchased as a host. I highlight their products on the receipt!

Everyone loves that they have more than one chance to win!! Better percentages of winning...and I love it when almost everyone who comes wins something!! :D

Here is an idea I just got from a fellow director..thanks Colleen...about her appreciation! I am so going to steal it! Except I am going to do an italian theme! I am going to get Italian flags and dress in red,white and green.....WOW...I am so excited...better get out my Oriental Trading catalog to see what I can find!!

When I did my host appreciation last spring I sent invitations inviting them to a dinner party. I made it a Thai theme. Everyone came and we had appetizers in the living room (Thia Veggie Pizza and Asian Wonton Cups). We had wine and socialized. I had planned ahead and made nametags for everyone. Each nametag either had a lemon, lime or orange on it. As we were socializing about 15 minutes after everyone got there, my neighbor asked me, "So have you been working in the kitchen all day?" That was my perfect segway! I answered, "Not really... because we're doing something different tonight."
I explained that they were divided into 3 groups indiciated on their nametag. In the kitchen I had 3 work stations set up... one at the breakfast table and two on the counter. In a plastic frame I had a recipe printed and at their work station all the food and tools they would need to prepare it. (This was the hardest part as I only have one of most of our tools so I had to be creative as to what they were to use so they didn't need to be swapping tools).
They were all really excited and jumped into it! One group made the Thai Chicken Stir-Fry with Rice, the next made the Asian Summer Salad and the third made the Mango Salsa Sundaes. They had a blast and so did I. It took each group about 20 minutes to make their food... They all worked together really well. I also divided them up so that people who already knew each other weren't on the same team.
I'm still getting compliments on the party. And I also gave each a gift... I gave them the new color scrapers that we had last spring and a season's best.

Isn't this great???

Just a clarification...
fruit76loop said:
Leea,

I put the show under the person who spent the most $$$...this is their benefit (10% off for a year) of being the top buyer of the evening! I print everyone a hostess receipt for their products along with their receipt for the products they purchased as a host. I highlight their products on the receipt!

Everyone loves that they have more than one chance to win!! Better percentages of winning...and I love it when almost everyone who comes wins something!! :D...

Marlene,

Sorry to be so slow on this, I just want to clarify the above...

If Sally is the 'big spender' for the night you enter her name as the host (got that part), then Jill wins a benefit($$ of free product), and Jane another benefit(1/2 price item), etc(% discount). You will enter each of them (Jill, Jane, etc) as a guest and give them their receipt for their non-benefit purchases (purchases above and beyond their winning benefit) and then you also give them a receipt with Sally's name on it with their (winning) items highlighted. So does Sally get any other benefit besides the 10% off for a year?

Again sorry to seem slow on this - I would really like to do this type of event and want to make it as easy for me as it is for the guests!

I love the idea of the dinner party - Thank You for Sharing!

Leea :)

A couple of questions...
pamperedalf said:
I am doing a customer appreciation the last Saturday In Feb. I am splitting up the host benefits to give away also, but I am also accepting pre orders for the new stuff. Since March is only a few days away, it won't be that big of a deal.
*Spring is just around the corner, and that means new products are in. I will have all the new products for you to see. You will be able to purchase new products before anyone else, purchase retiring products before they go away forever, and save an additonal 10% on any cookware you purchase(that includes the new Excutive Cookware). That means if you are a past host you can save 20% off of all cookware.
*Recieve a gift for every outside order or friend you bring to the party. Please feel free to call or email me with any questions.
Sincerly,

Amanda Fairall :D

Amanda,

How do you handle seperating F/W orders and S/S pre-orders? Do they pay S&H for both orders?

Is the 10% savings on cookware out of your pocket?

What kind of gift do you give for outside orders or friends they bring?

Thanks for your help!

I have a basket that has twixit clips, nylon pan scrapers, paring knifes, citrus peelers, season's best, cake testers, and sometimes sink fizzes, mini whippers. I have it full and always do this for every show. I alos give a paring knife or citrus peeler to people who have never been to a PC show before.

At the shows I will have them put everything on one order form, but I will split it up into two shows. I will have everyone pay shipping and handling once. For March I will most likely put orders on one to two customers so I am not out a lot for shipping and handling, but will give them copies of the recite and highlight what they purchased. I won't be using my laptop during this show just a calculator.

The 10% off is something I will be eating, but if I sell a lot of cookware it won't be that big of a deal for me. I will put it in as a consultant gift.

I am doing this to help increase double points and pan o rama but also to really thank everyone for helping me get my business going. It's just a way to show my appreciation, hopefully put me closer to Atlantis. Atlantis here I come. :D :D :D :D

benefits
Harrle said:
Marlene,

Sorry to be so slow on this, I just want to clarify the above...

If Sally is the 'big spender' for the night you enter her name as the host (got that part), then Jill wins a benefit($$ of free product), and Jane another benefit(1/2 price item), etc(% discount). You will enter each of them (Jill, Jane, etc) as a guest and give them their receipt for their non-benefit purchases (purchases above and beyond their winning benefit) and then you also give them a receipt with Sally's name on it with their (winning) items highlighted. So does Sally get any other benefit besides the 10% off for a year?

Again sorry to seem slow on this - I would really like to do this type of event and want to make it as easy for me as it is for the guests!

I love the idea of the dinner party - Thank You for Sharing!

Sally most likely wins a 1/2 priced or free products because she is the one that has the most tickets in the bowl! If my big spender doesn't win part of the host benefits, then I will often get her a gift out of my PC closet! This is up to you!

Smiles,

fruit76loop said:
Sally most likely wins a 1/2 priced or free products because she is the one that has the most tickets in the bowl! If my big spender doesn't win part of the host benefits, then I will often get her a gift out of my PC closet! This is up to you!

Smiles,

Sounds Good - was everything else about the 2 receipts to the winners how you normally distribute them?

Thanks again for being so patient with me!!

Yes!!You got it all perfect! :D

What is a Host Appreciation Event?

A Host Appreciation Event is a special event held by Pampered Chef to thank and reward our amazing hosts for hosting a successful party or event.

How do I qualify for a Host Appreciation Event?

To qualify for a Host Appreciation Event, you must host a Pampered Chef party or event with a minimum of $200 in sales and have at least one booking from your party. Your party must also be held within the designated time frame for the event.

What are the benefits of attending a Host Appreciation Event?

Attending a Host Appreciation Event allows you to earn exclusive discounts and free products, as well as have the opportunity to learn new cooking techniques and recipes from our Pampered Chef experts.

Can I bring a friend to the Host Appreciation Event?

Yes, you are welcome to bring a friend to the Host Appreciation Event. However, please note that the event is designed to reward and thank our hosts, so the free products and discounts are only available to hosts who meet the qualifying criteria.

How do I RSVP for a Host Appreciation Event?

You can RSVP for a Host Appreciation Event by contacting your Pampered Chef consultant or by filling out the RSVP form on our website. Please make sure to RSVP before the deadline to secure your spot at the event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smilesarepriceless
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Addie4TLC
  • sarahsellcm
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Tracy99