• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Host Rewards for 1/2 Price Combo - A Rookie's Guide | Dennis in Miami

In summary, the host should pay for the combo prices. The host should be aware that they have to pay for the combo prices and that there are different benefits that they can use.
Dennis
Just wanted to share an experience. I had a show on Sat. and was closing it out today. My host was under the impression that he could apply the host reward to the 1/2 combo and pay nothing.
Little food for thought for the rookies, explain throughly to host that they have to pay out of pocket for the combo prices.

Dennis
Miami

I closed a show on friday and the host wanted the 10 piece prof cookware set FREE since she had $340 in free product value and I told her that those items on the back page are half/price combos only and could not be applied to the free value she gets. She agreed with me telling her and then chose the Gen II cookware set free plus getting an additional $145 in free stuff on top of the cookware. I guess when I host coach I will have to really spend some time on the back page so hosts know that's still a great value! :)

I have found that true as well about explaining the host benefits. I think sometimes I think the hosts understand all the benefits and how to use them and then end up feeling a little embarassed when they think they can use free product value on the monthly host special or something like that. Do you all explain everything about the benefits before the show or after a show?

Explaining Benefits to HostsI always explain the benefits to the host when we
talk about booking and then again just before the
show. Even with all that explaining, there is some
times confusion.... I had a catalog show host
that I explained everything to more than once.
She then wanted to extend the show into another
month, I explained to her that would not be good
because the host and guest specials change, etc.
Well, she did it any way, then submitted an order
to the prior month guest special at the special
price! It all worked out fine but I guess the moral
of the story is, you can't explain too much!

Barb

Reply to Janel
janel kelly said:
I have found that true as well about explaining the host benefits. I think sometimes I think the hosts understand all the benefits and how to use them and then end up feeling a little embarassed when they think they can use free product value on the monthly host special or something like that. Do you all explain everything about the benefits before the show or after a show?

My host was a booking from one off my other shows. And I explained it to him there also. But I quess we weren't on the same page. Lessoned learned.

I called a host the day before her show, mentioned the ingredient list I sent her, and she didn't realize that she had to buy the food! So we had to quick change the recipes to something with less ingredients... (Taco Ring and Cool and Creamy Chocolate Fondue with fruit). Since then, I feel funny mentioning to hosts that they have to purchase the food. I think I may comment that the $15 extra free product value is 'reimbursement' for the food. Has anyone else had this problem, if so, what do you say?

I just let them know that the $15.00 Hospitality is for opening their home to us and purchasing the ingredients.

I have never had any to complain about buying the ingredients. At every kind of home show the host buys ingredients. The only difference is that with ours she doesn't have to prepare the food.

I guess the key is to go over every detail with the host to make sure she understands...and then you will still have some who don't. I remember with the previous host program I would explain the points system and then at closing I would still have hosts who would say "I get points for all of this. And I use them to pick whatever I want?!!" Then they would get really excited.

shawnna

What is the "Host 1/2 Price Combo"?

The "Host 1/2 Price Combo" is a special offer from Pampered Chef for our hosts. It allows them to purchase one of our top-selling products at half price when they have a qualifying party.

How can I qualify for the "Host 1/2 Price Combo"?

To qualify for the "Host 1/2 Price Combo", you must host a party with at least $200 in sales and have at least one booking from that party. The booking must also be held within 45 days of your original party.

Can I choose which product I want for the "Host 1/2 Price Combo"?

Yes, you can choose any one of our top-selling products as your "Host 1/2 Price Combo". Our consultant will provide you with a list of eligible products to choose from.

Can I combine the "Host 1/2 Price Combo" with other offers?

No, the "Host 1/2 Price Combo" cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts.

What if I already have the product that is offered for the "Host 1/2 Price Combo"?

If you already have the product that is offered for the "Host 1/2 Price Combo", you can choose to receive a different product of equal or lesser value for half price instead. Our consultant will provide you with a list of eligible replacement products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pc_cindy
  • kam
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
JanisF
  • pamperedtracy
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies