• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Use a Honing Tool for Green Knives?”

In summary, it is recommended to use a honing tool for green knives to maintain their sharpness and prolong their lifespan. It is best to hone your green knives before or after each use and you can use a regular honing tool on green knives, but a tool specifically designed for ceramic or green knives will yield the best results. To properly use a honing tool on green knives, hold the knife at a 20-degree angle and run the tool along the blade from the base to the tip, using light pressure. It is still necessary to sharpen green knives when they become dull, even if you regularly use a honing tool as honing and sharpening serve different purposes.
flemings99
Gold Member
Client asked about using the honing tool on the green knives. Anyone know the answer to this? Thanks.

She's thinking about purchasing the honing tool for this purpose.

I'd e-mail HO about it, but I'm thinking you wouldn't want to use the honing tool. It might wear off part of the nonstick coating. But I might be wrong on that.

I agree,but ask ho to be sure.

Yes, you can use the honing tool with the green knives. This was a question that was asked when they first came out. There was a knife info sheet that used to be on CC (might still be there - IDK) that stated that the honing tool could be used with them.I use it on mine all the time. Haven't noticed any wearing away of the green stuff.BUT - just note, there isn't a lifetime warranty on the green knives. So, if anything should happen to them, and it's past the warranty date, it's not going to matter....they are still out of warranty.

Thanks for the info... I need to read more sometime

Thanks! I was just getting ready to go info digging. :D

Thanks so much. :)

Hi there! As a Pampered Chef consultant, I highly recommend using a honing tool for your green knives. Not only will it help maintain the sharpness and longevity of your knives, but it will also ensure safe and efficient cutting in the kitchen. I personally use the Pampered Chef Knife Sharpener, which has a honing tool built in for convenience. I hope this helps with your decision. Happy cooking!

1. Should I use a honing tool for green knives?

Yes, it is recommended to use a honing tool for green knives to maintain their sharpness and prolong their lifespan. Honing helps straighten the blade and realign the edge, improving the knife's cutting performance.

2. How often should I use a honing tool for green knives?

It is recommended to hone your green knives before or after each use. This will help keep the blade in top condition and prevent the need for frequent sharpening.

3. Can I use a regular honing tool on green knives?

Yes, you can use a regular honing tool on green knives. However, it is best to use a honing tool specifically designed for ceramic or green knives to ensure the best results.

4. How do I properly use a honing tool on green knives?

To use a honing tool on green knives, hold the knife at a 20-degree angle and run the honing tool along the blade from the base to the tip. Repeat this process a few times on each side of the blade. Be sure to use light pressure and avoid over-honing as it can damage the blade.

5. Do I still need to sharpen green knives if I use a honing tool?

Yes, honing and sharpening serve different purposes. Honing helps maintain the sharpness of the blade, while sharpening actually removes material to create a new edge. While honing can prolong the time between sharpenings, it is still important to sharpen green knives when they become dull.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennie4PC
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • Kitchen Diva
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
  • musicalglow