• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Honing tool?

flemings99

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Jun 27, 2007
Client asked about using the honing tool on the green knives. Anyone know the answer to this? Thanks.

She's thinking about purchasing the honing tool for this purpose.

babywings76

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2008
I'd e-mail HO about it, but I'm thinking you wouldn't want to use the honing tool. It might wear off part of the nonstick coating. But I might be wrong on that.

DEBBI

May 25, 2007
I agree,but ask ho to be sure.

ChefBeckyD

Legend Member
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2005
Yes, you can use the honing tool with the green knives. This was a question that was asked when they first came out. There was a knife info sheet that used to be on CC (might still be there - IDK) that stated that the honing tool could be used with them.

I use it on mine all the time. Haven't noticed any wearing away of the green stuff.

BUT - just note, there isn't a lifetime warranty on the green knives. So, if anything should happen to them, and it's past the warranty date, it's not going to matter....they are still out of warranty.

DEBBI

May 25, 2007
Thanks for the info... I need to read more sometime

babywings76

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2008
Thanks! I was just getting ready to go info digging. :D

flemings99

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Jun 27, 2007