• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Deliciously Easy Bread Bowls for Soup & Chili

In summary, to make Deliciously Easy Bread Bowls for Soup & Chili, you will need all-purpose flour, active dry yeast, salt, sugar, warm water, and melted butter. No special equipment is necessary, as these bread bowls can be made using a mixing bowl, wooden spoon, and baking sheet. The total time for making these bread bowls is about 2 hours, including the rising time for the dough. This versatile recipe can be used for any type of soup or stew, as well as for dips or other dishes. Leftover bread bowls can be stored in an airtight container or plastic bag for up to 2 days, and can be reheated in a warm oven.
DebPC
Staff member
Easy Bread Bowls

Turn frozen bread dough into edible "bowls" for your family's favorite soup and chili.

Prep Time 20 Minutes
Total Time 1:05

Makes 6 servings

1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt

Lightly grease outsides of six 10-ounce custard cups with shortening (do not use cooking spray). Place cups upside down on large cookie sheet.

Divide dough into 6 equal pieces. Shape each piece into a ball, then pat into 6- inch round. Place rounds over bottoms of custard cups. Brush dough with oil.

Sprinkle with basil and garlic salt. Cover and let rise in warm place 20 minutes.

Heat oven to 350°. Bake 16 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes; remove from cups and place right side up on wire rack. (Interiors of bread bowls may be slightly moist.)

To serve, place warm or cooled bread bowls in individual shallow soup or pasta bowls. Spoon soup, stew or chili into bread bowls.

Makes 6 servings

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/7492/breadbowl52254845597396.jpg

Thanks, Deb. What a fun & easy idea! This would be so good with the Baked Potato chowder.

This is really neat. Small ones on prep bowls - large ones on small round bowls?

What ingredients do I need to make Deliciously Easy Bread Bowls for Soup & Chili?

To make Deliciously Easy Bread Bowls for Soup & Chili, you will need all-purpose flour, active dry yeast, salt, sugar, warm water, and melted butter.

Do I need any special equipment to make these bread bowls?

No, you do not need any special equipment. You can make these bread bowls using a mixing bowl, wooden spoon, and baking sheet.

How long do these bread bowls take to make?

The total time for making these Deliciously Easy Bread Bowls for Soup & Chili is about 2 hours, which includes the rising time for the dough.

Can I use this recipe for other types of soups or stews?

Yes, this recipe is versatile and can be used for any type of soup or stew. You can also use it to make bread bowls for dips or other dishes.

How do I store the bread bowls if I don't use them all?

Once the bread bowls are completely cooled, you can store them in an airtight container or plastic bag for up to 2 days. To reheat, simply place them in a warm oven for a few minutes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Oracle
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ritabenson
  • dianevill
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kkimpinski
  • DebPC