• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Homemade BBQ Potato Chips with the Ultimate Mandoline!

In summary, the conversation is about making homemade potato chips with the ultimate mandoline. The original poster shares that they have made them with a sweet and smokey BBQ rub and they were delicious. They also mention getting a booking from making the chips. Another person shares that they have made them before and suggests trying sweet potatoes. The original poster asks for updates on the sweet potato chips and suggests trying them fried. Another person talks about making "frips," a cross between a fry and a chip. The original poster asks how to make them and another person shares a recipe that involves microwaving the sliced potatoes. The conversation ends with someone mentioning a restaurant that serves similar chips and the original poster expressing interest in trying them.
swtnsssychef
probably a dumb question, but has anyone made homemade potato chips with the ultimate mandoline? I've made them a few times now and I just thought of it tonight to put the sweet and smokey bbq rub on them for a "bbq" chip! Boy are they good!!! Just thought I'd share with you all in case you haven't thought of it yet!! (oh yeah, and just wanted to let you know also that I got a booking by making those!!)

I have made them. Not with the bbq rub. Just thought about trying sweet potatoes next time.

me too! if you make them first, let me know how they turn out!! and i'll do the same for you!!

I have never made home made potato chips before... how do you a make them?? I k now that sounds dense and dumb...LOL

We make Frips-Not quite a fry, not quite a chip...They are a little thicker than chips and not as crunchy, but very good!

well to answer your question leah, i just clean the potato (i leave the skin on, but you don't have to) then i slice them up with the ultimate mandoline (the thin slice attachment) and deep fry them. i'm sure you could bake them also, i just love mine fried!!

a frip huh?? i guess you could say that i've done that as well, just didn't have a name for it!! lol mind if i use that?

swtnsssychef said:
a frip huh?? i guess you could say that i've done that as well, just didn't have a name for it!! lol mind if i use that?

I didn't come up with the name. They serve them at a restaurant in North conway, NH called Up Country. They serve them with a Thai Chil sauce too...so good!

One of my customers made them and sent me the recipe... she sliced them thin with the mandolin, put them in a ziploc with some oil and gave them a good shake, then put them in a single layer on a micro safe plate and zapped them until they started to crisp, about 3 to 4 minutes I think.

hmmm... never thought of zappin' them!! thanks!!

kaceyleigh2 said:
I didn't come up with the name. They serve them at a restaurant in North conway, NH called Up Country. They serve them with a Thai Chil sauce too...so good!

that sounds good... if I'm ever that way.... I'll have to keep that in mind!!!

1. How do I use the Ultimate Mandoline to make homemade BBQ potato chips?

To use the Ultimate Mandoline for homemade BBQ potato chips, start by selecting your desired thickness setting. Then, slice the potatoes using the mandoline, making sure to use the hand guard for safety. Once sliced, toss the potato slices in BBQ seasoning and place them on a baking sheet. Bake in the oven at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes, or until crispy.

2. Can I use any type of potato for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of potato for this recipe. Russet potatoes are a popular choice, but you can also use red potatoes, Yukon gold potatoes, or even sweet potatoes for a twist on traditional BBQ chips.

3. How many potatoes do I need to make a batch of homemade BBQ chips?

The amount of potatoes needed will depend on the size of your potatoes and how thick you slice them. As a general guideline, one medium-sized potato will make about one serving of chips. For a larger batch, use 2-3 potatoes and adjust the seasoning accordingly.

4. Can I make these chips without using an oven?

Yes, you can make these chips without using an oven. Instead of baking them, you can also fry the potato slices in a pan or use an air fryer to make them crispy.

5. How do I clean the Ultimate Mandoline after making homemade BBQ chips?

The Ultimate Mandoline is dishwasher safe, so you can place it in the dishwasher for easy cleaning. If you prefer to hand wash it, be sure to use warm soapy water and a soft brush to remove any leftover seasoning or potato residue.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cochef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
DebPC
Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • chefshawna
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies