• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Unleash Your Creativity: Homemade Door Prize Ideas for Your Next Cooking Show!

In summary, the conversation is about giving out "home made" door prizes instead of ordering off the supply order. The first cook show the guest is hosting has a garlic press as the prize for the first 5 guests to bring in orders before it starts. The guest also mentioned that if her guests bring a friend, she will give them a prize as well. There is a tight budget right now and the guest doesn't have the money to order the supplies, but she has a way to bind books and fresh ink in her printer. She was thinking of making a recipe book of PC recipes to give out as well. Would you, as a guest, think this was a crappy door prize? Do you guys have any other ideas? Thanks
HealthNut
So has anyone given out "home made" door prizes? Instead of ordering off supply order? I have my first cooking show next sunday. I told the host, if she brings in 5 outside orders, before it starts, SHE will get a prize (I have an extra garlic press I will give her).

And I also told her - if her guests bring a friend, I will give them a prize as well.

Thing is, $$ is tight right now and I don't have the $$ to do a supply order...I DO however have a really nice way to bind books and fresh ink in my printer...

I was thinking of making a recipe book of PC recipes to give out, as well as getting some tiny ziplock baggies and putting a few tbsp of the rubs I have in them and putting those with the recipe book.

Would you, as a guest, think this was a crappy door prize? Do you guys have any other ideas? Thanks!!

There are some threads about creating samples of the rubs, but I don't know if anyone had used them as door prizes.

Check out these: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=seasoning+sample+site%3Achefsuccess&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=#hl=en&q=seasoning+sample+site%3Achefsuccess.com&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&pbx=1&fp=6dcd74dedc130321

HealthNut said:
So has anyone given out "home made" door prizes? Instead of ordering off supply order? I have my first cooking show next sunday. I told the host, if she brings in 5 outside orders, before it starts, SHE will get a prize (I have an extra garlic press I will give her).And I also told her - if her guests bring a friend, I will give them a prize as well.Thing is, $$ is tight right now and I don't have the $$ to do a supply order...I DO however have a really nice way to bind books and fresh ink in my printer...I was thinking of making a recipe book of PC recipes to give out, as well as getting some tiny ziplock baggies and putting a few tbsp of the rubs I have in them and putting those with the recipe book.Would you, as a guest, think this was a crappy door prize? Do you guys have any other ideas? Thanks!!
Don't give her a garlic press, this sets a high mark for future hosts! You can add a cheaper item to her order and use her host discount to cover part of the cost. For 5 orders I would maybe do a Mini Serving Spatula.Although you don't have money for the items on the supply order, what about purchasing recipe cards and giving those instead.

You can always make it a prize that you put on her order. You could always ask your recruiter/director to Loan or give you a pack of Twixit Clips and give out individuals of those (not the whole pack to one person).

My director (who has been very successful for the past 13 yrs w/ PC) used to get a Jiffy muffin mix (or something like it) and make mini muffins. Bag them up and you can even freeze them to grab and go.

I think, although the garlic press might be setting the bar high, if it is what you have right now and it doesn't cost you any extra - well, that is your gift for the host! I offer a special like that if I want them to do something extra too.

chefcharity said:
My director (who has been very successful for the past 13 yrs w/ PC) used to get a Jiffy muffin mix (or something like it) and make mini muffins. Bag them up and you can even freeze them to grab and go.

I think, although the garlic press might be setting the bar high, if it is what you have right now and it doesn't cost you any extra - well, that is your gift for the host! I offer a special like that if I want them to do something extra too.

yeah, it was a free one I got when I ordered my stuff at MY show I hosted...plus, the girl is a good friend of mine from work - AND she is my FIRST cooking show! :D

Do you have any leftover recipe cards from past seasons? 2 or 3 of those in a party goodie bag with some chocolate Kisses & tissue paper closed with w Twixtit makes a good cheap gift.Sandi

sandilou said:
Do you have any leftover recipe cards from past seasons? 2 or 3 of those in a party goodie bag with some chocolate Kisses & tissue paper closed with w Twixtit makes a good cheap gift.

Sandi

i'm a brand new consultant (still in my 30 days) and don't have any twixtits yet...

i like the idea, though, will keep it in mind! :D

For my first shows, I made cakeballs (The Pioneer Woman | Ree Drummond or bakerella.com) and put them in ziplock baggies. If I had twixits, I'd close the bag wit them. I actually had people get disappointed when cakeballs were no longer the prize!!

remember as one of your first hosts she can get a set of rubs or a pot holder for Free from PC. Just look it up on mag glass on her order, sort by price and it will be right up at the top.

Maragib said:
remember as one of your first hosts she can get a set of rubs or a pot holder for Free from PC. Just look it up on mag glass on her order, sort by price and it will be right up at the top.

Right. :)

I guess I'm just a little overzealous - since she is a good friend. :D I'd like to have something there at the party for her - for bringing in 5 outside orders!

I'm getting excited...she has 8 confirmed yes's and about 8 more "maybes" that I keep coaching her on getting to "yes"! plus she said 5 outside orders is NO problem...her hubby took the catalog to work and needed more forms! :D

NooraK said:
There are some threads about creating samples of the rubs, but I don't know if anyone had used them as door prizes.

Check out these: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=seasoning+sample+site%3Achefsuccess&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=#hl=en&q=seasoning+sample+site%3Achefsuccess.com&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&pbx=1&fp=6dcd74dedc130321

thanks for this! I found exactly what I was looking for! can't wait to "make" them! gotta head to michael's...

AmyDare said:
For my first shows, I made cakeballs (The Pioneer Woman | Ree Drummond or bakerella.com) and put them in ziplock baggies. If I had twixits, I'd close the bag wit them. I actually had people get disappointed when cakeballs were no longer the prize!!

Thanks for the links! I just made some and they are so good. How do you store them? I can't imagine making a whole batch before every show. Can they be frozen and still stay good? Thank you again!!

KayPT said:
Thanks for the links! I just made some and they are so good. How do you store them? I can't imagine making a whole batch before every show. Can they be frozen and still stay good? Thank you again!!

I believe you can freeze them...pretty sure. I only did it for the first few shows. It was a little time consuming. When I got tired of making cakeballs, I went to Dollar Tree and put together a towel/potholder set as a gift...or I'd add a Season's Best to their order and pay for it as "Consultant Gift".

AmyDare said:
I believe you can freeze them...pretty sure. I only did it for the first few shows. It was a little time consuming. When I got tired of making cakeballs, I went to Dollar Tree and put together a towel/potholder set as a gift...or I'd add a Season's Best to their order and pay for it as "Consultant Gift".

While that's a nice gesture and not against any "rule" that I know of, I would not do this. We sell these items. I would go with making a cupcake or candy or some of that new mix that's in the fal catalog or putting together a spice sample. OR offering something from the catalog and putting it on the host order on that show.

Pampered Chef's benefits are awesome and when we offer over and above it minimizes that. Keep it simple.

What I would do for that really, really good friend that's doing your first show is to give her an additional discount on her order. She gets 15-30% off once she's spent her free, 50%-60% items. So make that 25-40% off. It comes off your commission but only on her order. It's a way to thank her for helping you and it's just costing you part of your commission on HER order.

As far as her having 5 outside orders before, that's a recommended thing for all hosts to do. She'll get extra benefits at her show from PC for that. You need new contacts. Do you know those people who did the outside orders? I'd offer her a gift (garlic press is nice) at a show held by an outside order that you don't know. [eg: you don't know Mary but she places an outside order on Carol's show and Carol asks her to book a show. Mary says yes. At Mary's show you give Carol a thank you gift for the referral. - Personally I always do a discount out of my commission on her order. That makes my gift in proportion to what is purchased.]

I like you PC recipes idea. That will entice her to order the products in the recipes. Giving her samples of the rubs is great too, she will be ordering again in the future after she uses them for one or two meals

Since you're willing to print and bind a book of recipes, how about the Celebrity Cookbook on the PC website? Delicious recipes, nice pictures - AND a free meal donated by PC to Feeding America. If I were a guest, I'd consider this a nice gift. Even if I knew downloading it myself would be free, having it in a bound format would be a nice extra touch.Other than that, I agree with adding to the guests and host orders. Make a list of the rubs and other <$5 items, and let them choose which they want, then list it as a Consultant Gift - which will automatically show up on your report at the end of the year for tax purposes.

pampchefsarah said:
Since you're willing to print and bind a book of recipes, how about the Celebrity Cookbook on the PC website? Delicious recipes, nice pictures - AND a free meal donated by PC to Feeding America. If I were a guest, I'd consider this a nice gift. Even if I knew downloading it myself would be free, having it in a bound format would be a nice extra touch.

Other than that, I agree with adding to the guests and host orders. Make a list of the rubs and other <$5 items, and let them choose which they want, then list it as a Consultant Gift - which will automatically show up on your report at the end of the year for tax purposes.

oooooh thank you SO much for this! this is an awesome idea!

Another good idea for a cookbook, is to prepare a DCB cookbook. There's tons of them on here. You can find them if you search under the files section.

I borrowed some in-expensive door prizes from my up-line when I started. Season's Best, quik cut knives and so on. I replaced them when I got my first pay check and ordered supplies.

My director who has been very successful with PC told me when I first started out not to give away anything you don't make money on. So what her advice to me was....do door prize drawings at the show, but order them when you place the order. You use the host as the co-host and order your door prize gifts under her name. So, you get a discount on them also. Just let the host know that there is a seperate order with her name and who gets which prize.

Also...if you have a Michael's near you, I've found door prizes there that people really enjoy getting--blank recipe cards, recipe card boxes (that I can pre-load with recipe cards), coupon holders, shopping/menu plan lists....if you catch it at the right time, you can get all of the above for 50 cents each.

AmyDare said:
Also...if you have a Michael's near you, I've found door prizes there that people really enjoy getting--blank recipe cards, recipe card boxes (that I can pre-load with recipe cards), coupon holders, shopping/menu plan lists....if you catch it at the right time, you can get all of the above for 50 cents each.

absolutely! i love michaels and i know what aisle you are talking about! :D

I like this thread. And don't forget, at your show, Keri-Ann, the spice samples that I had. I bought 100 jewelry baggies with zip-lock seals for $1. I just put a tablespoon or so of the spices in each baggie. (-:And Amy....I LOVE your idea of getting the recipe cards, coupon holders, etc. BRILLIANT!

deanna_g said:
I like this thread. And don't forget, at your show, Keri-Ann, the spice samples that I had. I bought 100 jewelry baggies with zip-lock seals for $1. I just put a tablespoon or so of the spices in each baggie. (-:

And Amy....I LOVE your idea of getting the recipe cards, coupon holders, etc. BRILLIANT!

exactly - that's what i AM planning on doing. :)

One thought about the jewelry bags--they aren't food-safe. I find food-safe bags in the treats/wedding section at places like Hobby Lobby and Michaels.

If I were "selling" the samples, I'd use food-safe bags. But as a door prize, I've found most people don't care. But you are correct. Jewelry bags are not food-safe. Food safe bags are much pricier, though!

deanna_g said:
And Amy....I LOVE your idea of getting the recipe cards, coupon holders, etc. BRILLIANT!

I wish I could take the credit, but a good friend (who would LOVE to be a consultant but can't make it happen right now) gave me 2 bags of recipe card boxes, etc., from Michaels last year as a way of supporting my business. :thumbup:

I'm just starting out and when I had my first shows I just went to the dollar store and bought them some candles and gave those out as gifts and door prizes. The host and guests are usually pretty happy if they get any thing at all. That's what I've noticed anyways. =)

1. What exactly is meant by "unleashing creativity" when it comes to door prize ideas for a cooking show?

"Unleashing creativity" refers to thinking outside of the box and coming up with unique and personalized ideas for door prizes that will excite and engage your guests at the cooking show.

2. Can you give some examples of homemade door prize ideas for a cooking show?

Some examples of homemade door prize ideas for a cooking show could include creating a gift basket filled with homemade jams and sauces, making personalized recipe cards with a handwritten note, or putting together a DIY spice blend set.

3. How can I make sure my homemade door prize ideas are budget-friendly?

To ensure that your homemade door prize ideas are budget-friendly, consider using items that you already have on hand, purchasing in bulk, or using inexpensive materials such as mason jars or craft paper to create your prizes.

4. What are some ways to incorporate the cooking show theme into my homemade door prizes?

You can incorporate the cooking show theme into your homemade door prizes by creating prizes that are related to cooking or kitchen items, such as a set of cooking utensils or a cookbook. You can also tie in the theme by using kitchen-themed wrapping or packaging for your prizes.

5. Can I personalize my homemade door prizes for each guest?

Yes, you can personalize your homemade door prizes for each guest by creating unique prizes based on their interests or dietary restrictions. You can also include a handwritten note or a small personalized gift in each prize to make it more special for the guest.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• emiscookin
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
DebPC
Replies
Views
andiphant
  • jrb0328
  • Products and Tips
Replies