• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Your Home Based Business at an Expo: Tips & Experiences

In summary, the conversation is about a potential vendor considering participating in a home based business expo for the cost of $100. There are questions about the purpose of the expo, the types of products and services available for sale, the space and duration of the event, and the previous attendance. Other vendors share their experiences with similar expos and offer advice on weighing the cost and potential benefits. Ultimately, the decision to participate depends on personal judgement and the potential for networking and gaining leads.
Liquid Sky
Has anyone ever been a vendor at an expo focusing on promoting home based businesses? I have the opportunity to get a table for $100. It's not a job fair, but an event to promote small businesses and networking.

Trying to decide if it would be worth my time and money. Anyone done one before?

Is the intention to advertise for recruiting? Sales? Bookings? Will there be products available for sale? I have done several expos with direct sales and such. It's kind of a nice way to shop at all of the home shows that you don't necessarily attend. $100 seems pricey though. What kind of space will you have? How long is it? Has it been done before? What was the attendance? All important things to know before committing.

I'm doing my first craft show/ home based business expo this weekend. Very excited to get some leads. Running out of friends to host. Lots of great ideas on these forums. My table is $105 for 3 days. I guess you have to weigh how many people may be coming thru vs cost (which is a write off I think???)
Good luck to you all.
I will update monday after the show

It is a tax write-off. Aunti...$105 for 3 days is good... $100 for one day is high, Liquid Sky. It is good to network with other home businesses because once you make "friends" with them, they will notify you of other booth opportunites...and be sure to get their information to do so as well. Don't agree to "swap shows" unless you feel comfortable. I had a Premier Jewelry lady try to "blackmail" me into swapping shows by telling me she worked at a Christian School where I was trying to get a fundraiser. I told her I really wasn't interested because I wore very little jewelry and most people I knew wore very little so I would not help her. She told me to call her again about hosting and when I did, she said she had "met a PC Consultant who was willing to trade with her". I thanked her and removed her from my distribution list. I didn't want her sharing my newsletter or ideas with another consultant! I'm glad to do it on CS because we help each other, but sometimes some Consultants around my area will use it to take advantage of my ideas...

Jules711 said:
Is the intention to advertise for recruiting? Sales? Bookings? Will there be products available for sale? I have done several expos with direct sales and such. It's kind of a nice way to shop at all of the home shows that you don't necessarily attend. $100 seems pricey though. What kind of space will you have? How long is it? Has it been done before? What was the attendance? All important things to know before committing.

The intention is to advertise for recruiting and a way to network. There are about 60 vendors signed up and their goal is to get 100 vendors. Items and services will/can be sold.

The expo is on 1 Saturday from 9 am - 6 pm. A 6' table is $100. This is the first year that something like this (home based biz expo) has been offered, but apparantly the organizer of this event has put together tons of other events and knows how to effectively market.....so I am told.

I know $100 is a lot but I am curious to see how this type of expo goes, since many people are being laid off and may come check it all out. I am thinking recruit leads from this type of event will be a tad better....but you never know.

Are there 100 different home based businesses in your area? Oh my I only know of maybe 15 LOL I would worry with that many that you may have multiples of the same company. Seems $100 is a lot of ask for a first year not having numbers or anything. I guess you just have to weigh if it is really worth your time, effort and money for it. Only you know for sure if it's something you want to do.

The home based business expo I went to last year actually weren't all "franchised direct sales" A lot were self employed ie... vinyl graphics, massage therapy, dj; photographer. People just trying to get their name and business out there. I think $100 isn't a bad price if the event is well advertised and that many "contacts" again networking is key.

1. What is the Home Based Business Expo?

The Home Based Business Expo is an event dedicated to showcasing different home-based businesses and providing resources and information for individuals interested in starting or growing their own home-based business.

2. When and where is the Home Based Business Expo held?

The Home Based Business Expo is typically held in the fall in various cities across the country. You can check our website for specific dates and locations.

3. How much does it cost to attend the Home Based Business Expo?

The cost of attending the Home Based Business Expo varies depending on the location and the activities offered. However, most events have a general admission fee of around $10-$20.

4. What can I expect to see and do at the Home Based Business Expo?

At the Home Based Business Expo, you can expect to see a variety of vendor booths showcasing different products and services from various home-based businesses. There are also usually workshops and seminars available for attendees to learn new skills and gain valuable knowledge for running a successful home-based business.

5. Can I sell products at the Home Based Business Expo?

Yes, if you have a home-based business and would like to showcase and sell your products at the expo, you can apply for a vendor booth. Please note that there may be a fee for reserving a booth space.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefmelody
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
pamperedcheermom
  • MaggieChef13
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
MaggieChef13
  • camilleb