• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mexican Themed Show: Chicken Tortilla Casserole & More!

In summary, to make the Chicken Tortilla Casserole, you will need cooked, shredded chicken, black beans, corn, salsa, sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, and corn tortillas. You can substitute the chicken with other proteins such as ground beef or tofu. Any 9x13 inch baking dish or similar size casserole dish can be used to make the casserole. To make the tortilla strips for the topping, simply bake thin strips of corn tortillas in the oven. The casserole can be made ahead of time and refrigerated, but may require additional baking time.
TheChaoticCook
The Chicken tortilla casserole in the SB 08 WAS AMAZING!!!!! What a hit at the mexican themed show I did tonite. Thank you to the posters that posted the Slap Yo Mama margaritas and the make it yourself salsa. All of the recipes were such hits!:thumbup::chef:

Mmmmmmmmmm....glad it went well for yoU!

I always want to try out that chicken tortilla casserole, but end up talking myself out of it. It just doesn't sound like something that my husband would like. Glad everything went well for you.

I need to try those margaritas too.............

What ingredients do I need for the Chicken Tortilla Casserole?

To make our delicious Chicken Tortilla Casserole, you will need the following ingredients:

• 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
  • 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 can corn, drained
  • 1 cup salsa
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 6-8 corn tortillas

Can I substitute the chicken with another protein?

Yes, you can substitute the chicken with cooked ground beef, shredded pork, or even tofu for a vegetarian option.

What type of pan should I use to make the casserole?

You can use a 9x13 inch baking dish or any similar size casserole dish for this recipe.

How do I make the tortilla strips for the casserole topping?

To make the tortilla strips, simply cut corn tortillas into thin strips and bake in the oven at 375 degrees for about 10 minutes, or until crispy.

Can I make this casserole ahead of time?

Yes, you can assemble the casserole ahead of time and refrigerate until ready to bake. You may need to add a few extra minutes to the baking time if the casserole is chilled.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Sheila
  • cathyskitchen
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pamperedval
  • esavvymom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies