• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Holiday Open House Food Suggestions?

In summary, someone suggested making food every hour on the hour and the host has requested that the oven be used sparingly. Someone else suggested doing a vegetable platter with half the vegetables prepared and selling cutlery.
LaurieZ
I was invited to join an Open House kind of last minute (it is this Sunday!) and I am looking for suggestions for food to prepare. It will be from 1 - 5pm. Someone suggested making food every hour on the hour...not sure how many will be attending, so trying to stick to something quick and flexible. Can prepare ahead and also demo while chatting. Possibly an app and something sweet...using DCB in micro for one of them?

Just to throw another wrench in, the host has requested that I not use the oven too much as it will heat up the house...

For myself, I'd do the pineapple rum sauce over cream cheese w/ crackers, and the oil dipping seasonings w/ french bread...and possibly the cream cheese/sour cream/marshmallow fluff dip with sprinkles and apple wedges, and then just talk BIG about the DCB. I wouldn't be trying to cook at all if people are milling about - too easy to miss out on some great conversations that way.

Those are great suggestions - thanks! The more I think and read, the more I feel I need to keep it simple as you suggested and talk more...which is NEVER a problem for me:) Have you ever done meatballs in any of the new sauces?

the meatballs in the good for you cookbook are great!

Simple, easy and impressive - sets you apart from everyone else: Do a veggie platter but only prepare half the veggies - save the other half to do live in front of the folks. Use your Mandoline, use your Crinkle Cutter and use your Forged Cutlery and simple additions or bamboo platter/s to serve. I did it with 2 kinds of humus for dipping, and talked about the healthy option. You could do a fat free dip with N/F sour cream and N/F mayonnaise (equal parts) and 1 tablespoon of any seasoning mix. I sold 2 crinkle cutters and booked a show for forged cutlery doing this last night!

1. What are some easy appetizers to serve at a holiday open house?

Some easy appetizer ideas for a holiday open house could include a festive cheese platter, pre-made crostini topped with various spreads or dips, or a hot dip served with crackers or bread.

2. Are there any vegetarian or vegan options for holiday open house food?

Yes, there are plenty of vegetarian and vegan options for holiday open house food. Some ideas include a vegetable platter with dips, roasted vegetables, stuffed mushrooms, or a quinoa salad.

3. What are some budget-friendly food suggestions for a holiday open house?

To keep costs down, consider serving finger foods such as mini sandwiches or sliders, chips and dips, or a build-your-own taco bar. You could also ask guests to bring a dish to share to help with the cost.

4. Can you recommend any make-ahead dishes for a holiday open house?

Yes, there are many make-ahead dishes that are perfect for a holiday open house. Some options include a cold pasta salad, a slow cooker dish, or a make-ahead dessert like a trifle or cheesecake.

5. What are some festive drinks to serve at a holiday open house?

For non-alcoholic options, consider serving hot apple cider, festive mocktails, or a hot cocoa bar. For alcoholic options, mulled wine, holiday-themed cocktails, and spiked eggnog are popular choices.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tammithechef
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
kam
  • RCKmom
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
cheflorraine
  • Chefstover2