• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Plan a Successful Holiday Cookie Exchange?

In summary, you are having trouble finding details on how to set up one of these - you tried searching and somehow are not getting much help. Anyone have info on how to do one? You just booked one for December 1st and need to know how to pull it off! Any help would be greatly appreciated - even if you can just link me to the thread that has all the info. Thanks!
pamperedval
Gold Member
I am having trouble finding details on how to set up one of these - I tried searching and somehow am not getting much...Anyone have info on how to do one? I just booked one for December 1st and need to know how to pull it off!Any help would be greatly appreciated - even if you can just link me to the thread that has all the info - Thanks!

I would be interested in knowing as well.

I am kicking off Oct and Nov with Apple Pie demos...

You are way too fast on getting answers around here - I am amazed and grateful!

Thank you!

Some of the stuff is a little outdated in that it calls for the bread tube for gingerbread cutouts, but I definitely have more to work with than I did a few minutes ago...

You all are great!

All I do is bring a recipe already prepared, just to bake (usu something savory like touchdown taco dip, but the baked brie would be easy to do). Quick catalog walk through, talk about gift ideas (have your display set up as gift ideas) and let them eat and shop.

I tell everyone to bing a half dozen cookies per person...so you need to have a final RSVP count a week ahead of time :)

Robin

Robin~

If everyone is only bringing 6 cookies each, I am assuming that they just eat them right there at the party and not actually swap them out?

I am thinking of promoting December cookie swaps. I was thinking they need to each bring 3 dozen cookies so then they can swap out and go home with 3 dozen assorted cookies. I was also thinking to have my recipe ready so they can eat during a quick demo...then they could order, and then chat and do their cookie swap.

Sorry Valori, I don't have answers for you cuz I need to know specifics too!

KellyTheChef said:
Robin~

If everyone is only bringing 6 cookies each, I am assuming that they just eat them right there at the party and not actually swap them out?

Sorry, let me clarify. Each person brings 1/2 dozen cookies per person attending, so if 12 people are attending they bring 6 dozen cookies (12 people x 1/2 dozen per person). Each person then will take home 1/2 dozen cookies from each attendee, so everyone goes home with 6 dozen cookies of assorted varieties.

That doesn't mean they may not all be eaten that night :D

Robin

priscilla said:
Sorry, let me clarify. Each person brings 1/2 dozen cookies per person attending, so if 12 people are attending they bring 6 dozen cookies (12 people x 1/2 dozen per person). Each person then will take home 1/2 dozen cookies from each attendee, so everyone goes home with 6 dozen cookies of assorted varieties.

That doesn't mean they may not all be eaten that night :D

Robin
Oh!!

Cuz if I was at a show and everyone only brought 6 cookies each....I coud CERTAINLY eat my "share" of them!!

Now it makes sense!!

When I do my cookie shows I have everyone bring 2 dozen cookies and then we make cookies through out the show (instead of a normal demo). Then at the end we swap cookies and everyone normally takes home 4-5 dozen. I also tell everyone that they are not allowed to eat cookies until they have the ones that they are taking home. Because if they eat cookies as we make them, then there will be none to swap.

What are some easy cookie recipes for a holiday cookie exchange?

At Pampered Chef, we have a variety of delicious and simple cookie recipes perfect for a holiday cookie exchange. Some popular choices include our Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies, Sugar Cookie Snowflakes, and Peppermint Meltaways. These recipes can be found on our website or in our holiday cookbook.

How can I make my cookies look festive for a cookie exchange?

Presentation is key for a successful cookie exchange! We recommend using our Holiday Cookie Press to create fun shapes and designs on your cookies. You can also use festive sprinkles, colored icing, and holiday-themed cookie cutters to add a festive touch to your cookies.

What are some creative packaging ideas for a cookie exchange?

There are endless options for packaging your cookies for a holiday exchange. You can use cookie tins, mason jars, cellophane bags, or even decorate plain paper bags with ribbon and stickers. For a more environmentally-friendly option, consider using reusable containers or wrapping your cookies in parchment paper tied with twine.

What are some alternative options for a cookie exchange?

If you or someone in your group has a dietary restriction, don't worry! We have plenty of recipes that cater to different diets, such as gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan. You can also suggest a cookie swap instead of an exchange, where everyone brings their own batch of cookies but can try a variety of different ones.

How can I make my cookie exchange more interactive?

We love the idea of incorporating a fun game or activity into a cookie exchange. Some ideas include a cookie decorating contest, a cookie trivia game, or a cookie swap bingo. You could also set up a hot cocoa bar or have a cookie taste test to make the event more interactive and engaging.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kjurich
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Shari in TX
  • lesliec
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
KellieM's Kitchen
  • Pampered Angel