• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Overcoming Fear of Failure: An Uphill Battle

In summary, Debbie is feeling like she is not good enough to sell PC and her husband would have been able to better understand her post if he had read it. She recommends asking people if they would be interested in hosting a show and being positive about yourself.
Sarah
Thanks everyone, for responding again and again to my messages here. I am working with someone but I wondered if any of you have felt this way:
feeling like no one will want to buy from you . . .that you are not outgoing enough even though you try to be . . .knowing that you are frequently forgotten on the invite list to their parties (of any type), so why would they want to come to your own party? . . .forever being outside the "in" group . . .that you won't be entertaining enough during the demo . . .on and on. I have been mentioning the possibility of me doing PC to some friends I see at the neighborhood pool, etc and the response is always lukewarm. "My SIL sells it" or something similar. Fear of failure has its grip!

First things firstFirst you need to build up your self confidence. Maybe they haven't invited you because they feel the same way you do. The only way to find out if someone is interested is to ask. If they say no, you are no worse off than you are right now. I call everyone I know and tell them what I am doing and get bookings by just asking them to have a show. When I signed my agreement, I had 7 shows booked. I got these shows by calling people and explaining the host program and asking them to host a show. It doesn't hurt to ask, but it does hurt (your business) if you don't.

Good Luck,
Debbie :) :) :)

Last edited:
Sarah,

If my husband had read your post, he would have thought he was reading something I wrote. I am constantly saying the same things to him - "Who am I that someone from the "cool" group would want to buy PC from me?" Every now and then I still have anxieties at a show if I don't feel I really fit in, but I just tell myself (over and over and over in my head) that I have every right to be there and that I have something they don't - the ability to sell PC because I am a consultant. Of course I ask if they would be interested in hosting, etc. and eventually I realize that I am way too hard on myself and that I am there to do a job. You can do this. Don't worry, everything will be fine. Good luck.

1. What are some common reasons people have a fear of failure?

Some common reasons people have a fear of failure include past negative experiences, perfectionism, fear of judgment or criticism from others, and low self-esteem.

2. How can I overcome my fear of failure?

There are several strategies you can use to overcome your fear of failure, such as reframing your thoughts, setting realistic goals, and practicing self-compassion. It may also be helpful to seek support from a therapist or coach.

3. Is it possible to completely eliminate the fear of failure?

While it may not be possible to completely eliminate the fear of failure, it is possible to manage and reduce its impact on your life. With practice and self-awareness, you can learn to cope with failure in a healthier way.

4. Can fear of failure be a good thing?

In moderation, fear of failure can be a good thing as it can motivate you to work harder and strive for success. However, when it becomes excessive and paralyzing, it can hinder your growth and hold you back from reaching your full potential.

5. How can I support someone who is struggling with a fear of failure?

Some ways to support someone who is struggling with a fear of failure include listening without judgment, providing encouragement and reassurance, and helping them identify and challenge their negative thoughts. It may also be helpful to offer practical support, such as helping them set achievable goals or seeking professional help if needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• completelychristie
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Stephaniem
  • Bill Faber
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
Bill Faber
  • pampered.chris