• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Holding a Pampered Chef Show in a Hotel?

has tried finding a host for an in-home show, but no one is willing to open their home. Leslie has a solutions- hold the show in her hotel room.
newmexgirl
Has anyone ever rented a hotel room to hold their own Pampered Chef show?

I'm heading home after conference (see other thread) and have tried finding a host for an in-home show. Although many of my family and friends are interested in attending, no one is willing to open their home.

So, ever-resourceful PC consultant that I am, I decided I would just hold it in my hotel room.

Has anyone ever done this?

I'm not sure if I should clue the hotel in on what I plan to do or leave them in the dark as it may be against some super-secret regulations.

Leslie

I had a host hold her show in a hotel room (she had some connection to the hotel). It worked out fine but because of the size of the room and, even though I host coached her not to worry about that, she didn't invite many so it was a small party.

I would consider renting a meeting room in the hotel for the show. Many times they have a small room that isn't outrageous in price. Leave a couple books at the front desk and offer to add their orders to the show - or to give one of them the host benefits in exchange for orders.

Check with the hotel... some hotels prohibit food being brought in from the outside to feed people... ordering in is fine, but check before you schedule a demo.(I took a class in a hotel once... one night a week for 12 weeks and on the 12th week, we did a potluck and the hotel prohibited us from serving the food since they had a catering department and it went against health code... if someone got sick, who was liable?) In any event.. check first.

finley1991 said:
Check with the hotel... some hotels prohibit food being brought in from the outside to feed people... ordering in is fine, but check before you schedule a demo.

(I took a class in a hotel once... one night a week for 12 weeks and on the 12th week, we did a potluck and the hotel prohibited us from serving the food since they had a catering department and it went against health code... if someone got sick, who was liable?) In any event.. check first.

Good point. I attended a retreat at a hotel and we ran into the same thing.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm calling the hotels right now!

I did a show once with a gal that worked at a hotel; we did it in a meeting room.

I suggest looking for an extended stay hotel. They all have kitchens!

Speaking of extended stay hotel, my dh, mother and bil to be did our entire wedding menu in one the night before the wedding...so that is DEFINATELY do-able! Unfortunately, I wasn't a consultant then so I had crummy knives, etc...wish I had been able to do it with the "good stuff"...lol Good luck and let us know how it turned out!

:sing:OK, somebody queue the spooky music...:sing:

I just called the hotels in my home town. I had made up a list of of them with the intention of calling them all until I found one where I could hold the show.

Then I took a deep breath, picked up the phone, and called my first choice. (It's within my budget, has an ideal location right off the interstate for people traveling from out of town, and has easy access for my mother who is handicapped.)

Here's how it went:

"Hello. I'm interested in renting a meeting room. Do you have one available?"

No meeting rooms available. Is there anything else they can help me with?

"Well, I'm a Pampered Chef consultant coming into town to visit my family after attending our National Convention in Chicago and I'd like to hold a Pampered Chef show in my hotel room."

And, now...here's the best part...The exact response, word for beautiful word, burned into my brain:

"You're a Pampered Chef consultant? I LOVE PAMPERED CHEF. I used to be a consultant. In fact, I would still be if I weren't so darn busy with this hotel. Of course, you can hold the show here..."

We went on to discuss the availability of a microwave, a refrigerator, the fact that people will be coming and going, that I may be serving alcohol, and that I will be bringing in food. At which point she mentioned that she had lost touch with her consultant, yada yada yada - so all you cheffers know what I did: I invited her and her friendsd to the show and offered to mail her a catalog!

That's me! Always thinking:)

Thanks to all for your help and comments:)

Leslie

1. What are the benefits of holding a show in a hotel?

Holding a show in a hotel offers several benefits including access to a large, professional space with amenities such as audio-visual equipment, comfortable seating, and catering options. It also provides a neutral and upscale atmosphere for potential customers, making them more likely to purchase products.

2. How do I go about booking a hotel for a show?

To book a hotel for a show, you can either contact the hotel directly or work with a Pampered Chef consultant who can assist you in finding and booking a suitable hotel for your event. Be sure to inquire about any special rates or packages for hosting events at the hotel.

3. Can I use my own products for the show or does the hotel provide them?

You are welcome to use your own Pampered Chef products for the show, but most hotels also provide basic kitchen equipment and utensils for use during events. It is always best to confirm with the hotel beforehand to ensure they have everything you need for your demonstration.

4. Are there any restrictions or rules for holding a show in a hotel?

Every hotel may have different policies and rules for hosting events, so it is important to check with the specific hotel you will be using. Some common restrictions may include no open flames or outside food and beverage, as well as guidelines for cleaning up after the event.

5. How can I promote my show to potential attendees?

There are several ways to promote your show at a hotel, such as creating social media events, sending out email invitations, and reaching out to your personal network. You can also work with the hotel to advertise the event on their website or through their marketing channels.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• TJMagoo
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
talkintrac
  • adriennegskitchen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Trish in Texas