• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hobbyist to Full Time Consultant

In summary, Becky advised a new mom to twins to book 10 shows in January and February in order to reach their goal of becoming a full-time consultant. If no one bails, she recommends booking an additional 10 shows. Additionally, she recommended contacting past guests and offering specials to those who have not hosted in 6-12 months.
momoftwins
I am a new mom to twins and have been doing PC for 4 years. In those 4 years I have just been a hobbyist consultant. I am wanting to now make my PC business be my full time job. Any advice how I can go about doing that (hobbyist to Full Time)???? Thanks in advance.

Set down prior to the beginning of the month and get your calendar ready for the next month. Make note of which days you can do shows. Then set out to book ALL of those days. My director does 2 shows a week and occasionally more. FT is 8 shows a month, so you need to do that many to reach your goal. Since unfortunately cancellations do occur my director recommends scheduling 10 shows in case someone bails. That way you are still booked full for the month. If no one bails, a bonus for you!

If you're able to, I would double book an upcoming month. Not only does that allow some leeway if one reschedules, but if they ALL occur you'll be amazed what it does for your business. I did that back in June because I wanted to earn all the fall products for free (I did get them ALL for free since I had over $6000 in sales). So, not only did that happen, but my business was much stronger as a result. I don't think I would have done as well with recruiting either if I didn't do that.

Good luck!!! :D

At the risk of being chastised for using the "can't" word, I just haven't been able to get that many bookings in a month! I'm in a position in my life (empty nester) where I could do and would like to do 2 shows a week, but so far I just can't seem to get the bookings...Any suggestions?

My suggestion would be to get on the phone and call as many of your past guests at shows as you can. Definitely fill them in on the Jan and Feb specials since those are AMAZING!! Even if they checked "no" on the drawing slip, it's worth a call. If they say no, then they say no, but you never know who may be swayed by the awesome specials. I want to try to do this between Thanksgiving and Christmas since I'll have some business down time since not as many shows are scheduled. Plus you can appeal to people's desire to get their friends together to see them after the crazy holidays when everybody is cooped up.

Also, go back to your list of 100. That's a tool that I know I don't use often enough. Call past hosts who haven't hosted in 6-12 months or more and let them know the specials. They are definitely the ones who will appreciate what great deals they are.

Good luck! :)

Thanks, Becky, for the advice. I just got back from Cluster mtg. A friend there challenged me to make 50 phone calls before Sunday night. We shook hands on it! Wish me luck with that 400 lb phone!

Ooooh, that is a VERY good challenge! A fellow consultant and I have done challenges such as that from time to time and I think it helps! Good luck to you. YOu can do it!! Keep some stats and let us know how it goes! :D

What is the process for becoming a full-time consultant?

To become a full-time consultant, you must first sign up as an independent consultant with Pampered Chef. Then, you will need to attend training sessions and workshops to learn about the products and business model. Once you feel comfortable and confident in your knowledge and skills, you can start hosting parties and events to build your customer base and increase your sales.

How do I balance my hobby and full-time consultant responsibilities?

Balancing your hobby with your full-time consultant responsibilities can be challenging, but it is possible with proper time management and organization. Set specific times for your hobby and consultant work, and make sure to prioritize your tasks. It may also be helpful to delegate some responsibilities to other team members or family members.

What is the income potential as a full-time consultant?

The income potential as a full-time consultant can vary depending on your individual efforts and sales. However, many full-time consultants have reported making a significant income and being able to support themselves and their families solely through their Pampered Chef business. As with any business, the more time and effort you put in, the greater your potential for income.

What are the benefits of becoming a full-time consultant?

As a full-time consultant, you have the opportunity to work from home and set your own schedule. You also have the potential to earn a significant income and receive discounts on products. Additionally, you will have access to ongoing training and support from the Pampered Chef community, as well as the satisfaction of helping others discover and enjoy high-quality kitchen products.

What are some tips for transitioning from hobbyist to full-time consultant?

Transitioning from hobbyist to full-time consultant can be a big step, but with some preparation and dedication, it can be a successful move. It is essential to set realistic goals and create a solid business plan. Take advantage of training and mentorship opportunities, and make sure to stay organized and manage your time effectively. Most importantly, have a positive attitude and be passionate about your business - this will help you succeed as a full-time consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Lilamyw3
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
raebates
  • 1995tucker
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • AMTC