• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ho Follow Ups to Miami Trip Feedback?

In summary,The customer spoke to Ann at HO about the feedback they left at the hotel. Ann was very responsive and glad to have the feedback. They discussed the issue of getting luggage to the rooms after check-in, the fact that they ran out of dessert at the Welcome Dinner, the room service cart that wouldn't go away, and the fiasco that my son and I experienced upon departure from the hotel (they couldn't access our room with the master key, so our luggage got downstairs 40 minutes after we were supposed to leave for the airport and an hour before our flight). The customer was disappointed with the Everglades tour because the tour company was severely disorganized
PamperedChefDebi
Silver Member
I just spoke to Ann at HO about the feedback I left at the hotel. She wanted more details. We discussed the issue with getting the luggage to the rooms after check in, the fact that they ran out of dessert at the Welcome Dinner, the room service cart that wouldn't go away, and the fiasco my son and I encountered upon departure from the hotel (they couldn't access our room with the master key so our luggage got downstairs 40 minutes after we were supposed to leave for the airport and an hour before our flight).

She was very responsive and glad to have the feedback. I did emphasis to her that it seemed that although the hotel is used to handling a large number of people, it didn't seem able to handle such a large GROUP at once. But of course, PC was wonderful to use the entire time!!!

I also had a phone conversation with her yesterday about my feedback--the wait for rooms and luggage, the Welcome Dinner fiasco, and the Everglades tour (which I was HUGELY disappointed with). We had some good laughs. :)

Deb please tell me why you were disappointed with the Everglades tour.

Chef Kearns said:
Deb please tell me why you were disappointed with the Everglades tour.
It started with the tour company. When I tried to fax my registration, it wouldn't go through. There was no phone # and I couldn't find the company on the web. So I called HO and they had to try to figure out what was going on. It made me very leery--like this was some fly by night company or something.Then I never got a confirmation of my reservation and had to going through the rigors of trying to contact the company again to make sure everything was confirmed. When I checked in with the tour company at the hotel and asked where to meet, I was told at the north entrance a the bottom of the stairs. We we went down there, no one was there. WTF???? We went outside and no one was outside. Finally, we did find everyone in the main lobby, just as everyone was ready to leave.When we arrived at the location, no instructions were given--where to go, what was included, when and where to meet the bus again.To me, it was not an Everglades tour. It was an excursion to Gator Park. The airboat ride was nice, but we were expecting something much longer. Then we were herded like cattle into the "wildlife" show, which was just another way for the staff to ask for more tips and get us to spend money to hold the little alligator. It just rubbed me the wrong way. Then when I tried to exit without getting my pic with the alligator, I was told I had to WAIT. The guy was blocking the exit and wouldn't let us leave.After the show, I ordered some food (this mama had to eat!) and I waited 20 minutes before it finally came out--this was the time we were all hanging out and took our pic. :) Then I had to run back to the bus and eat on the ride back because unbeknownst to us, the bus was full and ready to leave. My DH ended up having to sit in the broken seat.I found the tour company to be severely disorganized and inept. The woman I spoke to yesterday was able to give me a phone number, so I will be calling and complaining and hopefully getting some money refunded. That tour was not worth $50 pp.

I do agree that I had hoped to really see and experience more on the tour.

I'm sorry your experience was less than you expected.

Overall, I don't like how our FREE trip had so many expenses. It was nice to get away for a little while, but if I would plan a trip it wouldn't be to Miami. Especially having to pay for meals and things. I just wanted more structure. A group activity maybe to get to know other consultants. You know optional (FREE) group activities. I would've enjoyed that.

I'm sorry your trip had so many negatives. The thing that impressed us (especially DH) was that when we were on the PC cruise everything was covered (except alcohol ;) ) - even TIPS!! Sure we had to pay for excursions but that was totally our choice. We could have hung out at the doc, on a beach or on the ship if we wanted it to be totally free.

Even the 2 day trips they used to give for level 1 were great - when we went to breakfast (the hotel we chose had a restaurant and breakfast was included in the PC price) we could choose whatever we wanted and PC paid the tip then too! ...I miss that option for level one. It gave something really nice to those who just missed a "real" trip.

I hope they call me about my survey because I entered an answer wrong! I put that I would like Trips for 4 or 2 with child buy-in option, but what I would really like is for a family trip to be for your family! Whether you have 2 kids or 5 kids. That really stinks to buy-in your kiddos because it is expensive! Or you have to choose to keep someone at home. If we had the whole family option for Disney it would be for my family of 6 then we would buy-in a grandma to help manage the kids!

bethcooks4u said:
I'm sorry your trip had so many negatives. The thing that impressed us (especially DH) was that when we were on the PC cruise everything was covered (except alcohol ;) ) - even TIPS!! Sure we had to pay for excursions but that was totally our choice. We could have hung out at the doc, on a beach or on the ship if we wanted it to be totally free.
Cruises are different because everything is included for everyone on the ship (except tips and alcohol). Last year on the cruise our tips were covered and there were two other events with "extra" food (one of them even had alcohol!) that were just for us. I think that's what makes this year's regular trip kind of shocking as far as the cost was concerned. Two years ago in SF we were given a $250 Visa gift card.

I think PC is wonderfully generous...but I also think they could be a little more sensitive to the auxillary costs of trips. Granted, I only have the London trip for reference (we took the gift card instead of Miami), but the extra costs seem to be a general comment across the board.

I used to put together an annual event for an organization. It was kind of a hybrid between PC's Leadership Summit and the Incentive Trips. All the meals, rooms, and 'special stuff' for our attending employees was covered, but we couldn't legally pay for their spouses and children. My boss though put a HUGE priority on keeping the families' costs down while still making the event spectacular for them. Because he made it important, we considered the impact on the families during every step of our planning. I didn't realize what a impact that focus made, until we went to London, and I found myself noting the subtle differences.

I love PC and don't mean this as a criticism. I'm sure it's hard to keep the 'corporate-flavor' out of an organization as large as ours. Just my observation (which probably isn't worth much! :eek:)

I did not earn a trip this year :mad: but I have no one to blame but myself. I was on the same cruise as Deb and I am so glad everything was included because the booze killed me in the wallet!!!:sun::D I did by some gold by the inch stuff too. Had my son with me who was 17 so even though we did not go on excursions, I spent lots o' money on him.

So sad about the Everglades tour. Hope you get even part of your money back, Deb. You wouldn't find me there...I HATE snakes or anything that slithers (you know, like AIG executives, etc.:D). I would have been by the pool catching a good dose of skin cancer.:rolleyes::sun:

Chef Kearns said:
I do agree that I had hoped to really see and experience more on the tour.

I'm sorry your experience was less than you expected.

Overall, I don't like how our FREE trip had so many expenses. It was nice to get away for a little while, but if I would plan a trip it wouldn't be to Miami. Especially having to pay for meals and things. I just wanted more structure. A group activity maybe to get to know other consultants. You know optional (FREE) group activities. I would've enjoyed that.

Sandra, this was a follow up to the feedback we left at the hotel, not the online feedback. Did you include anything negative on the form that was left in our rooms?

DebbieJ said:
It started with the tour company. When I tried to fax my registration, it wouldn't go through. There was no phone # and I couldn't find the company on the web. So I called HO and they had to try to figure out what was going on. It made me very leery--like this was some fly by night company or something.

Then I never got a confirmation of my reservation and had to going through the rigors of trying to contact the company again to make sure everything was confirmed.

When I checked in with the tour company at the hotel and asked where to meet, I was told at the north entrance a the bottom of the stairs. We we went down there, no one was there. WTF???? We went outside and no one was outside. Finally, we did find everyone in the main lobby, just as everyone was ready to leave.

When we arrived at the location, no instructions were given--where to go, what was included, when and where to meet the bus again.

To me, it was not an Everglades tour. It was an excursion to Gator Park. The airboat ride was nice, but we were expecting something much longer. Then we were herded like cattle into the "wildlife" show, which was just another way for the staff to ask for more tips and get us to spend money to hold the little alligator. It just rubbed me the wrong way. Then when I tried to exit without getting my pic with the alligator, I was told I had to WAIT. The guy was blocking the exit and wouldn't let us leave.

After the show, I ordered some food (this mama had to eat!) and I waited 20 minutes before it finally came out--this was the time we were all hanging out and took our pic. :)

Then I had to run back to the bus and eat on the ride back because unbeknownst to us, the bus was full and ready to leave. My DH ended up having to sit in the broken seat.

I found the tour company to be severely disorganized and inept. The woman I spoke to yesterday was able to give me a phone number, so I will be calling and complaining and hopefully getting some money refunded. That tour was not worth $50 pp.

I do TOTALLY agree the tour wasn't worth the price, however, I did check online before we left and the same tour, had we booked it ourself, was not much cheaper at all. My point only being they didn't inflate it for us. I expected it to be much more exotic though I did enjoy it.

DebbieJ said:
Cruises are different because everything is included for everyone on the ship (except tips and alcohol). Last year on the cruise our tips were covered and there were two other events with "extra" food (one of them even had alcohol!) that were just for us. I think that's what makes this year's regular trip kind of shocking as far as the cost was concerned. Two years ago in SF we were given a $250 Visa gift card.

I totally agree!!

Debi said:
Sandra, this was a follow up to the feedback we left at the hotel, not the online feedback. Did you include anything negative on the form that was left in our rooms?

I'm not Sandra, but.....

I faxed my form when I got home and also filled out the online thingy, so I'm not sure which one she was calling about.

DebbieJ said:
I'm not Sandra, but.....

I faxed my form when I got home and also filled out the online thingy, so I'm not sure which one she was calling about.

It was the one they left for us in the room. I only know that by what Ann and I discussed that I had written down and what we discussed that I hadn't. She obviously had it or notes from it in front of her.

I haven't mailed mine in yet, but plan to this weekend.

We never got a form in our room to fill out :(

Sorry to hear you all had problems. We had a great time. My son thinks that the Fontainebleau is the bestest hotel in the whole world (b/c they had video games in the room, a tv in the bathroom, several hot tubs, and really cool pools! LOL) We really didn't spend too much of our own money either - we would have spent less if the weather Tuesday had been better so we could have hung by the pool.....maybe not, probably would have run up a big 'pool beverage tab' LOL!

dannyzmom said:
We never got a form in our room to fill out :(

It was left with some other papers. Maybe they knew you'd REAM them about YOUR luggage!!!

Debi said:
It was left with some other papers. Maybe they knew you'd REAM them about YOUR luggage!!!

Hmmmm...probably got lost under all those wrappers :devil:

dannyzmom said:
Hmmmm...probably got lost under all those wrappers :devil:
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!! :bugeye:
;);):sick::sick::blushing::blushing::eek::eek:

out of her mind-----

Totally! And that's why we love her!!!!

Not to be nasty, but have you ladies never gone any where before. You always spend money on trips, except maybe cruises. This was Miami, a very expensive town.
We opted for the gift card because we could not afford any extras. I would have loved to stay in that hotel. I just know I would have been a little out of place.

Have you been to conference? We are there every year and there is always a problem with the hotel, billing or something. sound systems, wrong serve it up squad entries.
This stuff happens. BTW I was just reimbursed my deposit for the room in Jan from July.
I put the deposit on the room and we split it 4 ways so I was owed money. Just got it.

pclinskie said:
Not to be nasty, but have you ladies never gone any where before. You always spend money on trips, except maybe cruises. This was Miami, a very expensive town.
We opted for the gift card because we could not afford any extras. I would have loved to stay in that hotel. I just know I would have been a little out of place. Have you been to conference? We are there every year and there is always a problem with the hotel, billing or something. sound systems, wrong serve it up squad entries.
This stuff happens. BTW I was just reimbursed my deposit for the room in Jan from July.
I put the deposit on the room and we split it 4 ways so I was owed money. Just got it.
Wow, just wow. Your 2nd post on this board? Wow.You weren't there--you don't get it.No one is bitching excessively about having to spend money--we get it--there will be personal expenses. But the quality of service we received for what we spent was lacking. And you wouldn't know that unless you were there because you have no idea what the resort was like. Have you been on a PC trip before?

pclinskie said:
We opted for the gift card because we could not afford any extras. I would have loved to stay in that hotel. I just know I would have been a little out of place.

Have you been to conference? We are there every year and there is always a problem with the hotel, billing or something. sound systems, wrong serve it up squad entries.

It is not a point of never having travelled before. This was supposed to be a trip we've already earned through our hardwork the previous year. So, okay...going in we knew that some expenses were going to come out of pocket, but the "experience" of the trip should've been FLAWLESS. Leading up to this trip all I've heard from everyone is, "once your husband goes on a PC trip he'll be sold! They treat you so nice and everything is taken care of." That was the experience I was expecting. That was not the experience we had. We had a great time!! Don't get me wrong, but it wasn't the kind of "make him loyal" experience we were expecting!

We are all human and even though several of us have experienced the same trip our experiences weren't the same. The beauty of this forum is that we are safe to express how we feel to people who can relate. You are free to say how you feel. However, you've got to remember the line we walk to not be offensive to the other people on the board.

And conference is a whole different animal!!

We too were note pleased with the Evergalde tour because of the Miami Fascination tour rep on the bus with us. He was very rude to my hubby while trying to get something to eat and instructed us to get on the bus as there wasn't time. Have been trying to get a hold of this company itself but to no avail and the fax number doesn't cut it.

Suzie,This is the phone # I've been given. It is the cell phone of Araceli, one of the employees. I plan on calling her tomorrow305-397-6772

Suzieqconsultant said:
We too were note pleased with the Evergalde tour because of the Miami Fascination tour rep on the bus with us. He was very rude to my hubby while trying to get something to eat and instructed us to get on the bus as there wasn't time. Have been trying to get a hold of this company itself but to no avail and the fax number doesn't cut it.

Well I was on the same Everglades tour as Deb and feel exactly the same way. WAY too much money for what it was and totally unorganized. I don't need to say more because Deb said it all.

Thanks for number! We will be calling tomorrow.

Christ Follower said:
Well I was on the same Everglades tour as Deb and feel exactly the same way. WAY too much money for what it was and totally unorganized. I don't need to say more because Deb said it all.

Geesh, I thought I was the only one disappointed in the tour. I honestly thought the boat part would have been longer too. In hindsight (being of course 20/20) I don't think we would have spent the $100 for the tour. We never once ate at the hotel either. I just couldn't stomach paying $5 or $7 for a Coke.

Tara B.

1. What feedback did you provide to HO about your trip to Miami?

I discussed the issue with getting luggage to the rooms after check-in, the fact that they ran out of dessert at the Welcome Dinner, the room service cart that wouldn't go away, and the fiasco encountered upon departure from the hotel.

2. What was Ann's response to your feedback?

Ann was very responsive and glad to have the feedback.

3. Did you mention anything specific about the hotel's ability to handle a large group?

Yes, I emphasized that although the hotel is used to handling a large number of people, it didn't seem able to handle such a large group at once.

4. How was the overall experience with Pampered Chef during the trip?

Pampered Chef was wonderful to use the entire time.

5. Did HO take any steps to address the issues you raised?

Ann was glad to have the feedback and I'm sure HO will take steps to address the issues and improve future trips.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefCKHall
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
akrebecca
  • MomToEli
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Jules711
Replies