• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Why Am I Being Charged 6 Times for My Order?

In summary, four customers have had their cards charged four times, and it is unclear why this is happening. The hold time for HO is 5 hours, and the show that was submitted on Saturday came back with a declined charge.
GeorgiaPeach
Silver Member
I'm terrible about figuring out where to post a new thread so apologies in advance if this isn't in the correct spot.

There was an order placed through my website on Friday evening. It has been charged to their bank account 6 times!! 4 times on Sat, 2 times yesterday. The hold time for HO is 5 hours. Anyone else receiving frantic phone calls from customers? My husband thinks it's happening to others and thus the long hold time.

I've asked for a call back and sent an email to the solution center. Anyone have another phone number or direct email address?

Hang in there, Lisa. I'm sure you will all get this straightened out. It is frustrating when things like this happen -- perhaps it might be the bank's fault? I'd call HO back and stay on the line, they seem to get to you pretty quickly that way.

I have been on the phone with HO this morning and my director as well. I have two customers so far that have had issues with their card being charged four times now. There was MAJOR computer Glich and apparently this is happening all over. Luckily, Pampered Chef is taking care of the problem.

This happened to my director, too! And the call back time is something like 11 - 13 HOURS. Oh, and the show she submitted on Saturday night came back that 9 CC were declined. Oh yeah, I'd say something was wrong!

Well, this explains the LONG callback time.. Nothing has happened to me yet. **knock on wood**

I sent in a show on Saturday and had a card declined. When I was speaking with HO to fix it she mentioned that the computers were slow and there was a "glitch". I had no clue it was that! Oh, man! Are we going to have some angry customers!

I would hope that HO will send them something to apologize! ...and they (HO) have been known to do just that.:thumbup:

I submitted 3 shows on Saturday. Would I have heard by now if there was a problem with any of the charges?

I submitted a show on Sat also. And she put the whole show on her debit card. I havent heard anything yet.

The same thing happened to me. I checked with HO- they said it's a systemwide problem and that to rest assured that they are fixing it and that they will also reimburse customers any "over the limit" fees or overdraft fees they incur.

I just got this from someone in my cluster:

I was alerted by a guest at one of my recent shows this morning that her bank account was charged 6 TIMES for the purchase she placed with me. As a result of this, her account went into the negative numbers and all kinds of fees were charged to her. When I contacted HO about this I was informed that this was a countrywide issue and that the credit card company that processes these charges for us is responsible .. in case you have any hosts/customers experiencing this, please know they are working on it as we speak. I'm sure we'll hear from HO soon.

xxxxx xxxxxxx

HO's response:

xxxx,
I wanted to let you know that the issue you are having has unfortunately happened across the country with MANY! I am hearing from many others and time does not allow me to contact each person individually, so please let me assure you that we are aware of the problem and it is being handled promptly. Just so you know, the issue is with our credit card vendor that charges for us and they will be rectifying the matter for us and be in touch with you soon!

YYYY YYYY
Sales Manager
630-261-xxxx

So why hasn't HO sent out an email blast to all of us to let us know directly?That is something they can easily do so that we can at least be aware, and maybe notify customers- especially those who used DEBIT cards. A reg Credit Card- no big deal really, but DEBIT cards, which more people are using these days, that's another headache!Just think how many consultants who are NOT on CS are not aware of this issue...or worse- how many customers who don't rectify their bank statements regularly. Wow. It should be plastered on CC when you log in- and an email sent immediately by HO.

POST REMOVED DUE TO SO MUCH CONTROVERSY OVER QUOTING IT. Hopefully by now you know what happened!

Last edited:
So why hasn't HO sent out an email blast to all of us to let us know directly?

CC has this posted when you try to log on:

It has come to our attention that our third-party credit card processing company enacted holds on some credit cards that have debit capabilities. In these cases, some account funds were erroneously put on hold. Please note that neither the cards nor accounts were actually overcharged.

We are working with our third-party credit card processing company to correct these errors today.

Due to this situation, the Solution Center is experiencing high call volume today. When possible, we encourage you to use the self-service option on Consultant's Corner to resolve declined cards for any Shows that are on hold. This is located at Consultant's Corner > Managing Your Business > My Shows > Resolve Declined Credit Cards:

https://www.pamperedchef.com/repsonly/my_business/declinedcards/list.tpc

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

thecougchef said:
CC has this posted when you try to log on:

It has come to our attention that our third-party credit card processing company enacted holds on some credit cards that have debit capabilities. In these cases, some account funds were erroneously put on hold. Please note that neither the cards nor accounts were actually overcharged.

We are working with our third-party credit card processing company to correct these errors today.

Due to this situation, the Solution Center is experiencing high call volume today. When possible, we encourage you to use the self-service option on Consultant's Corner to resolve declined cards for any Shows that are on hold. This is located at Consultant's Corner > Managing Your Business > My Shows > Resolve Declined Credit Cards:

https://www.pamperedchef.com/repsonly/my_business/declinedcards/list.tpc

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

They didn't earlier. Of course, as my luck, they posted it and sent out the email this afternoon. :) But glad they did.

I think that's wrong though...The accounts have been overcharged! I hope HO fixes this soon! What a headache.

Hi I had to deal with this issue also. Yesterday (superbowl sun) My host called me and had more than 2500 charged to her account. She was freaking because jer husband was in tampa for the superbowl and the credit card was suddenly over the limit. I called her credit card company yesterday (sun) and they took off most of the extra charges at least enough to get well back under her limit! i really hope they compensate them for this and they should compensate us for the carzy ordeal. I was freaking too took a xhance and they reversed the charges!!!

That email was only sent to that SED's downline. Most directors did not get this notification. I did get an email this evening about it.

Last edited:
Hey - she is my SED! She sent that out this morning to us.

I wish ya'll would go in and delete her contact info from your posts, I'm sure she'd appreciate it too.

Last edited:
I have done so! I have also PM'd anyone who quoted that info! Sorry...I never even thought of that! My apologies to her!

pcchefjane said:
I have done so! I have also PM'd anyone who quoted that info! Sorry...I never even thought of that! My apologies to her!

thanks, can you delete her name too please?

OK so now someone needs to remove the copy of the post with Dottie's info. And I hope everyone has looked at their e-mail as we did finally get a "blast' from HO. I am sure they had more important things to do but this e-mail should help everyone.

I have PM'd the person who quoted it here. If you see any other quoted ones, please let me know! I posted it to be nice since people were going nuts to maybe stem all the complaints...

Thanks - please delete her name from your post in this thread.

It was good of you to post the information and I'm not condeming you for anything. Just, please be mindful in the future that people may not want their name and contact info posted on the internet.

Last edited:
Linda, I PM'd you about this. I have heard from my HD and there is no problem with putting Dotti's name. I'm sure 99% of the people on this MB have never even heard of her!

There was another time when a well known director sent an email intended just for his team and it got published here. He got MANY MANY phone calls from HO about that. So it's always better to err on the side of caution.

Linda, I PM'd you about this. I have heard from my HD and there is no problem with putting xxxx's name. I'm sure 99% of the people on this MB have never even heard of her!

Considering that xxxxx sent this email to her Director team and did not send the email to you personally I don't think that you have the right to publish her on the internet. I think you owe it to her to remove her name (if not the entire email message). I asked you nicely in a PM, you did not have to get snippy about it.

I'm sure more people than you are aware of know who she is. And considering that you had never heard of her prior to this email, I think that you should be a little more considerate.

Last edited:
ITA with Linda.

I have removed everything on here that I posted. Now you need to send PMs as well to anyone else who quoted it. I already have.

I have removed everything on here that I posted. Now you need to send PMs as well to anyone else who quoted it. I already have.

If you sent them a PM, that should be sufficient. Thank you for removing, I'm sure that xxxxx would appreciate it too.

Last edited:
I just got off the phone with HO. IF your person's card was charged mulitiple times, you need to get the following info to the solution center...Their name and phone
The bank's name and phone and city location
The bank's fax #
The amount charged
The full debit card #From there, PC will fax the bank and make sure the problem is rectified.

1. Why was my order charged 6 times?

There could be several reasons for this, such as a technical glitch in the payment system or an error in processing the transaction. It's important to contact the company or website where you made the purchase to inquire about the multiple charges.

2. Is this happening to other customers?

It's possible that this issue is affecting other customers as well, especially if you are receiving frantic calls from others. You can try reaching out to the company's customer service to see if they are aware of the issue and if there is a solution in place.

3. Why is the hold time for customer service so long?

The long hold time for customer service could be due to a high volume of calls regarding this issue. It's best to try contacting them through other channels, such as email, to expedite the process.

4. What should I do if I've been charged multiple times for my order?

If you have been charged multiple times for your order, the first step is to contact the company or website where you made the purchase. They should be able to assist you in resolving the issue and possibly refunding the extra charges.

5. Do you have a direct contact for customer service?

If you are having trouble reaching customer service through the phone number provided, you can try reaching out through other channels, such as email or social media. You can also look for a direct contact for customer service on the company's website or through a quick online search.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Cathy pclady
  • gailz2
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies
Views
Admin Greg