• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

History of National Conference: A Consultant's Perspective

In summary, the first conference was in 1985 and there were over 6000 people in attendance. They don't know when the first conference was or how many people were there this year.
yankfan24
Gold Member
Ok, all you long-timers. I need your help. I'm taking a class at college for meeting and event planning. Our assignment is to evaluate an event. I picked National Conference. Most of the questions I can answer as I've been 3 out of the 5 years I've been in the business. What I need to know is the history of conference. Has is always been in Chicago? Has it been yearly? How many years has it been happening? How many consultants were actually at conference this year? That's about it, but not sure how fast the home office will get back to me with their answers. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!
Noelle

one year it was at Disney,

My director has told me that at one point there were 2 different locations - one was out west somewhere...but that would have been years ago.

Wonder if there is someone at HO who could help you? How about talking to your regional sales director at HO to see who you could talk to?

the first one was Sept. 14th 1985 in Chicago

From Doris's book about the first national conference:
"We held our first Pampered Chef National Conference on September 14. 1985. A one-day even, it took place at the Carleton Hotel in Oak Park, adjacent to River Forest and about ten miles from downtown Chicago. We picked the CArleton because it had formerly been a residence hotel, and each suite was equipped with a small kitchen with a small oven and refrigerator. Workshops were conducted throughout the entire day, for which we needed kitchen facilities. The biggest attraction of the day was witnessing Kitchen Show demonstrations by our top people. That first conference we had a 100 percent turnout - all thirty-two of our consultants attended.""Our first conference theme was "The Sky's the Limit with The Pampered Chef"...""Silver bowls were awarded in three categories: top Director, top recruiter and top seller."If you have the book there is more information starting on page 126

Sweet, just discovered that you can search pages of a book on Amazon. Search for Doris' book on Amazon and underneath the picture of the page it says "Search book" or something like that. Click on the and search conference. Look for page 126 and you can read the entire part yourself.

You guys are all awesome. I do have the book and never thought to look there. I did email the home office and this is the response I got from them:

"Thank you for your email. Unfortunately legally we can not give out the information you have requested. "

They can't tell me when the first conference was or how many people were there this year? I'm a consultant and the only think that I can understand them not telling me is the budget that they had for it. Otherwise, what's the big secret?? I told them "thank you for your help". I knew that my fellow cheffers would pull through for me.

I think there were over 6000 people at this last conference.

What? I don't think they understood your question!I did see that they have a special PR email for "members of the media only." Well, I am a member of the media and also a consultant! If your questions don't get answered here, I can e-mail on your behalf!

What is the history behind the National Conference for Pampered Chef?

The National Conference for Pampered Chef began in 1980 when Doris Christopher, the founder of Pampered Chef, hosted a small gathering of home cooks in her basement. Over the years, the event grew in popularity and size, eventually becoming the annual National Conference that we know today.

When did the first National Conference take place?

The first National Conference for Pampered Chef took place in 1984 in Chicago, Illinois. It was attended by just over 100 consultants and featured cooking demonstrations, product launches, and training sessions.

How has the National Conference evolved over the years?

The National Conference has evolved significantly over the years. What began as a small gathering of consultants has grown into a multi-day event with thousands of attendees. In addition to product launches and training sessions, the conference now includes keynote speakers, networking opportunities, and recognition for top-performing consultants.

Where does the National Conference take place?

The location of the National Conference changes each year, but it is typically held in a large convention center in a major city. In recent years, the conference has been held in cities such as Las Vegas, Nashville, and San Diego.

Who can attend the National Conference?

The National Conference is open to all Pampered Chef consultants. Consultants can purchase tickets to attend the event and must also cover their own travel and accommodation expenses. The event is not open to the general public.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • jj16
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
jj16
  • ChefCKHall