• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

A Hilton Chicago: Nearby Coffee Shops and Drug Stores for Your Convenience

you can't miss it. There is a Walgreens down the hill (the next street is a level down) from the Sheraton. There are a few other businesses along that street (Illinois)... If you continue on Illinois, you will end up out on Navy Pier.
LisaAnn
Silver Member
In the past I've stayed at the Palmer House Hilton, so I know that area pretty well. This year we are at the Hilton Chicago. Are there any coffee shops(for breakfast), drug stores, etc in the immediate area?

TIA

My husband and I stayed there about 3 years ago as a weekend getaway. I believe there are a few stores a block or two from the hotel. It is a super nice place. I can't remember if there are any coffee shops in the hotel though. Sorry I am not more help.

There's a Starbuck's at one end of the lobby. Otherwise, for breakfast, there's only the restaurant which is a little pricey. But there's a Caribou Coffee about a block behind the hotel, and there's an Au Bon Pain within walking distance - and a Corner Bakery that you'll pass getting to the ABP.

chefann said:
There's a Starbuck's at one end of the lobby. Otherwise, for breakfast, there's only the restaurant which is a little pricey. But there's a Caribou Coffee about a block behind the hotel, and there's an Au Bon Pain within walking distance - and a Corner Bakery that you'll pass getting to the ABP.

Great to hear there's a Corner Bakery. There was one right next to the Palmer House!

The CB is several blocks from the Hilton, but within walking distance.

Ann is right, Caribou Coffee is right behind the hotel on Wabash, about one block south. I like them better than Starbucks.

Corner Bakery is 5 blocks NORTH of the hilton
And there is another one 5 blocks south of the hilton on michigan

I see there is a walgreens 6 blocks north of the hilton...

did my research last night :)

getting packed and excited! I' leaving tomorrow-

nancy

So does anyone know if there is a Corner Bakery anywhere near the Sheraton?

go to corner bakery website and search location...thats how I figured it out :)

242 South Michigan is the Corner Bakery just north of the Hilton.

I remember walking past the Hilton towards town on Michigan about a block to a coffee house. There's a Starbucks at the McCormick Center. You walk passed it when you get off the bus.
The last time (2 years ago) I drank coffee and oj in the hotel lobby it was $8. Since then, I've walked somewhere close to eat. I make coffee in the room. Plus they have coffee and juice at conference.

No kidding! That si the one thing that just about kills me! I gotta have my coffee in the morning. And at $6 to $8 in the hotels - the walk becomes a wonderful thing!

nancycookspc said:
go to corner bakery website and search location...thats how I figured it out :)

Yeah - and if I knew which one of those was close to the Sheraton, I'd be all set. I have no idea what the streets are or where I'm at in Chicago. I've always stayed at one of the Hiltons so I knew where to find things from there.

ChefBeckyD said:
Yeah - and if I knew which one of those was close to the Sheraton, I'd be all set. I have no idea what the streets are or where I'm at in Chicago. I've always stayed at one of the Hiltons so I knew where to find things from there.

There is a Walgreens down the hill (the next street is a level down) from the Sheraton. There are a few other businesses along that street (Illinois)... If you continue on Illinois, you will end up out on Navy Pier.

I usually stay at the Sheraton and prefer to stay there because of its location, but I needed to change to one of our groups rooms at the Hilton this year.

chefcaroline said:
There is a Walgreens down the hill (the next street is a level down) from the Sheraton. There are a few other businesses along that street (Illinois)... If you continue on Illinois, you will end up out on Navy Pier.

I usually stay at the Sheraton and prefer to stay there because of its location, but I needed to change to one of our groups rooms at the Hilton this year.

Thanks - but I specifically wanted to find the nearest Corner Bakery (since I'm obsessed with their sandwiches.:D:eek:) I've been googling and doing address searches, and have found one less than 1/2 mile from the Sheraton!:thumbup: Before, I've gone there for lunch on the first day of conference, when we are on our own.

Really, I'm not like most - when I am coming for Conference, it's just for conference, so we come in on Thursday morning, and leave as soon as the last session is done. I don't usually have time for dinner, sightseeing, etc...

That is actually easy!
Sheraton is at North Columbus and East North Water. The Corner Bakery is right across from the spot labeled Trump International - the funny bend - that is where it is. About 10 minutes from the Sheraton

Attachments

• Map of Chicago, IL by MapQuest.pdf
    94.4 KB · Views: 233
ChefBeckyD said:
Really, I'm not like most - when I am coming for Conference, it's just for conference, so we come in on Thursday morning, and leave as soon as the last session is done. I don't usually have time for dinner, sightseeing, etc...
That's what I've been doing, too, the last couple of years. I just come in a day early because of the bus schedule.

1. Where can I find a coffee shop near the Hilton Chicago?

There are several coffee shops within walking distance of the Hilton Chicago, including Starbucks, Intelligentsia, and Dunkin' Donuts. You can also find a coffee shop inside the hotel at the Herb N' Kitchen café.

2. Are there any drug stores near the Hilton Chicago?

Yes, there are several drug stores in close proximity to the hotel, such as CVS, Walgreens, and Rite Aid. These drug stores offer a variety of toiletries, medications, and other essentials that you may need during your stay.

3. How far away are the nearest coffee shops and drug stores from the Hilton Chicago?

The closest coffee shop, Starbucks, is located just a 3-minute walk from the hotel. The nearest drug store, CVS, is also a 3-minute walk away. Other options may be slightly further, but still within a 10-minute walk.

4. Can I get coffee or other beverages at the Hilton Chicago?

Yes, the Hilton Chicago offers a variety of coffee and beverage options at their Herb N' Kitchen café, located on the first floor of the hotel. They also offer in-room coffee makers for your convenience.

5. Are there any local coffee shops or drug stores that offer discounts for Hilton Chicago guests?

While we cannot guarantee discounts at specific locations, there are often special deals and promotions available for Hilton Chicago guests. We recommend checking with the front desk or concierge for any current offers that may be available.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
StacieB
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
merego
Replies
Views