• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Selling Higher Price Items at Shows: Tips & Tricks

In summary, the Ultimate Slice and Grate is a very popular item, but people don't seem to be willing to spend more money on it. The host can promote the show by having guests try it out for themselves, and letting them know that they are helping out their friend by purchasing the item.
janel kelly
I can't seem to get anyone at my shows to buy the higher priced items. I don't know if people I've had shows for are cheap or I don't know if I'm doing something wrong. Like the ultimate slice and grate. I show and demonstrate it at my shows and talk about how much I love it and everyone always ooh's and ahh's but no one will buy one. I have no problem getting people to buy the chopper and stones but no one buys the cookware. I can't wait to see the new roasting pan but I'm concerned I won't get people to buy it. Is there something you all do special to sell these higher prices items?

Those types of items are good bookings tools. YOu can even mention if that particular product is more than your budget will allow, having a show is a great way to get it for free or half price. Especially for the Slice and Grate you can point out that a mandolin at Williams Sonoma is well over $100. Sometimes those higher priced items just aren't appealing to certain types of crowds. I think I've only sold one set of the Stainless Mixing Bowls to someone who wasn't a host. It just depends on what people have a need for I guess.

Ultimate slice & grateTo sell the Ultimate Slice & Grate, I have the guests (at least one) try it out for themselves. It seems that when they see someone other than the Demonstrator use it, and that person says how easy it is, more people tend to buy it. I did this at my last show and I sold either 2 or 3, I don't remember. But I think she sold it more than I did. :) :)

Yeah, I had my hosts husband even use the ultimate slice and grate in front of everyone. I always tell them if its too expensive host a show. I think that is mainly what people are doing is getting the higher priced stuff as hosts. I just would like to sell more of the higher priced stuff to customers as well. I guess its normal for people to not want to spend alot at the shows. I was the same way too.

pamperedbecky said:
Those types of items are good bookings tools. YOu can even mention if that particular product is more than your budget will allow, having a show is a great way to get it for free or half price. Especially for the Slice and Grate you can point out that a mandolin at Williams Sonoma is well over $100. Sometimes those higher priced items just aren't appealing to certain types of crowds. I think I've only sold one set of the Stainless Mixing Bowls to someone who wasn't a host. It just depends on what people have a need for I guess.

I agree Becky - I think it is the type of guests that are at the show. I host shows in Texas and Oklahoma. Some people want to spend money and others don't want to spend too much. I say as long as you are able to get some bookings, that's a good thing! 3-4 smaller shows is just as good as one big show - rather the only difference is how much you are working. But parties are fun! I enjoy going to work! I like to point out at my shows that the more they buy/spend, the more they are helping out their friend being the host. And if they themselves decide on hosting a show - their friends may help their show as well the same way. Atleast they are getting something out of it! Maybe with these new fall products, people will be willing to buy more. Especially with the holidays coming up in the next couple of months. Good Luck! :)

Most of my parties are done with military wives....and well most are on a pretty tight budgets. I don't sell many high priced items but...I rarely have someone come to a show that doesnt buy something. I focus on the higher items saying how great it would be to get them half off.

1. How do I convince customers to buy a higher priced item at a show?

The best way to convince customers to buy a higher priced item at a show is to demonstrate its value and benefits. Showcase the quality, durability, and unique features of the product and explain how it will enhance their cooking experience. You can also offer a special discount or bundle deal to make the higher price more appealing.

2. What are some effective ways to upsell higher priced items at a show?

One effective way to upsell higher priced items at a show is to pair them with complementary products. For example, if you are selling a high-end knife set, you can also offer a cutting board or knife sharpener to go with it. Additionally, highlight the versatility and functionality of the product to show customers how they can get the most value out of their purchase.

3. How can I address customers who are hesitant to spend more money at a show?

It is important to understand and respect the budget of each customer. If a customer expresses hesitation about spending more money, you can offer alternative budget-friendly options or explain the long-term savings and benefits of investing in a higher priced item. It's also helpful to have customer reviews and testimonials on hand to show the satisfaction and value of the product.

4. Are there any specific strategies for selling higher priced items at virtual shows?

Virtual shows can be a bit more challenging when it comes to selling higher priced items, as customers cannot physically touch and see the product. To overcome this, make sure to have high-quality images and videos showcasing the product. You can also offer live demonstrations or Q&A sessions to address any questions or concerns customers may have.

5. How do I handle customers who are solely interested in lower priced items at a show?

It's important to respect the preferences and budget of each customer. If a customer is solely interested in lower priced items, you can offer alternative budget-friendly options or explain the value and long-term savings of investing in a higher priced item. You can also ask if they would like to join your email list to receive updates and promotions for future products and sales.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • Intrepid_Chef