• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Elevate Your Kitchen Experience with a High Tea Theme: Tips and Ideas

T
tpchefrebecca
I have a kitchen show in late October and my host would like to have a HIGH TEA theme. She has a few ideas of what recipes she would like, but does not want a demonstration. I am afraid this will hurt my sales and wonder what I should do differently. I am looking for appetizers and will probably do cookies with the cookie press, and definitly have PC tea bags. Any ideas on how to get the ladies interested in the products without a demo?

Finger sandwiches made with bread from the scalloped tube. Fun and dainty! Little tarts made with the mini-muffin tin. Anything cut with the creative cutters. I'm thinking anything tiny and dainty! Sounds like fun! I LOVE tea! Sounds like something I might like to try!

Wonderful!That sounds like a great idea! I especially like the idea of the sandwiches made from bread baked in the bread tube.

Thanks!

What a cute idea! I don't know why but those Berries and Cream Wonton Cups seem like a cute little dainty dessert. That's one idea. People could actually build their own if they want to experience some of the tools. I don't know if your host would want to serve coffee since it's a "high tea" theme, but the PC coffee is awesome. AND the carafe is wonderful if you have it :D . I just sold one to my host from last weekend because I forgot it there the night of her show. She realized it the NEXT MORNING and opened it up to clean it out and the coffee was still hot! I told a similar story during the show about it, but the host really got to find out for herself. And she added it to her order and she wasn't planning to originally!

Hmm, that's a toughie. On one hand I don't like the idea of not doing a demo because then you're basically doing the catering for her tea party and hoping to get some orders. On the other hand, those were some really cute ideas from speedychef so maybe it is doable and I just need to adjust my attitude. If you don't do a demo, it seems like at the very least you would need to do a booking commercial and a product commercial--two 5-minute spiels where the guests stop everything and listen to you. The catch with that is that it's way harder to "sell the sizzle" during a commercial and you haven't been building rapport with the guests the way you would be through a demo. I dunno, I hate coming at this cute idea from such a negative place. Could you compromise with her? Maybe a 5-10 minute demo of Turtle Fudge Skillet cake. You would use the cookware and serve it on the Simple Additions large square, so that touches on two of the 3 collections, plus you would use the food chopper and you could grate some chocolate around the edge of the square with the new microplaner or the cheese grater. I just think it's really important for you to have the floor to show the products to their best advantage, without being the desperate voice in the background saying, "Everything was made with Pampered Chef products...yoo-hoo, hello..." etc.

Sorry to be so long and rambly; I'm just trying to put myself in your shoes and see how I would feel, and how it would work for me.

Edited to add that Becky posted while I was typing out my stream-of-consciousness ramble. If I had read her post before posting, I would certainly have commented that she had good ideas too! ;)

Last edited:
Thank you Ladies!!!!

I do like the idea of the berry tarts and the 5-min commercial. I am wondering if setting stations with the sandwiches, tarts, and dips with veggies and cheeses might work? What do you think?
I know my host was thinking of coffee as well and a frothy drink to put in the quick stir pitcher. Any ideas on the drink? I always do crystal light raspberry tea. Is that appropriate?

I just want to add that I love talking with all of you. It gets the creative juices going ;)

Last winter I went a stretch where I never did a demo. I called my shows "Socials" and I chose recipes that the guests could put together themselves and have hands on use of the tools. They were some of my very best shows. I wouldn't be nervous about not doing a demo if you get the guests involved. Go for it!! The guests will have a great time!

At our cluster meeting two of our consultants said that at Conference there were some consultants who NEVER do demos and are very successful.

I love the idea but haven't tried it (but I'm new too so I hope to)

I would ask to AT LEAST have a display table to display your PC products. Otherwise, like someone else said, your a caterer not a PC consultant.

That's proof that Pampered Chef sells itself! :D

Drink ideas for the Quick Stir PitcherThis one always looked good, but I don't know if it's "fancy" enough for a shower:

Orange Plunge-sicle
Ingredients:
6 cups milk
2 cans (12 ounces each) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
1 pint softened vanilla ice cream
1 can (15 ounces) mandarin orange segments in light syrup, undrained, mashed

Directions:
1. Place all ingredients except orange segments in Family-Size Quick-Stir® Pitcher.

2. In Classic Batter Bowl, mash orange segments with Nylon Masher; add to pitcher.

3. Plunge until thick and frothy. Serve immediately.

Yield: 12 (1-cup) servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 250, Total Fat 8 g, Saturated Fat 4 g, Cholesterol 50 mg, Carbohydrate 39 g, Protein 7 g, Sodium 80 mg, Fiber less than 1 g

This one sounds good too:

Sparkling Citrus Cooler
Ingredients:
1 can (12 ounces) frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
1 lemon
1 lime
1 orange
2 liters (8 cups) chilled sparkling water

Directions:
1. Place lemonade and orange juice concentrate in Family-Size Quick-Stir® Pitcher.

2. Using Lemon Zester/Scorer, score fruit in one continuous spiral, top to bottom. Slice each fruit into eight wedges using Utility Knife; place four wedges of each fruit into pitcher. Reserve remaining wedges for garnish.

3. Add sparkling water to pitcher; plunge until contents are thoroughly mixed. Garnish each glass with one fruit wedge. Serve immediately.

Nutrients per serving: Calories 80, Total Fat 0 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrate 19 g, Protein 0 g, Sodium 5 mg, Fiber 0 g

Here's ONE more....(I found these by doing a recipe search on CC and entering the tool "pitcher")

Perfect Party Punch
Ingredients:
6 cups chilled cranberry juice cocktail
4 cups chilled ginger ale
1 can (12 ounces) frozen orange-pineapple juice concentrate, thawed
1 orange

Directions:
1. Place cranberry juice cocktail, ginger ale and orange-pineapple juice concentrate in Family-Size Quick-Stir® Pitcher.

2. Using Lemon Zester/Scorer, score orange from top to bottom; cut into slices using Utility Knife. Place slices in pitcher.

3. Plunge until contents are thoroughly mixed. Serve immediately.

Nutrients per serving: Calories 140, Total Fat 0 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrate 38 g, Protein 0 g, Sodium 10 mg, Fiber 0 g

Hope that helps! :)

thank youThanks Becky for those recipes. I think that is just what my host was looking for.

No problem! I'm glad that helped!

Tea TimeHi Ladies!!

Well I had my HIGH TEA party today and it was fun and relaxing. I literally didn't have to do anything. The host did all the food prep except for the crisy shells for the choc. silky tarts and the bread for the finger sandwiches. I did those. It was not a money maker, but an experience. Half of the ladies wore their hats, but no one wore gloves. We had Pampered Chef tea and coffee on real china and the whole nine yards. I did get a booking for another theme show from the daughter and it will be interesting to see what she chooses.

I liked the theme after all, but I didn't get to do my regular type show, which I prefer because I love to talk PC. I know I'll get use to it.

Thanks for all of your tips and to Becky for the citrus cooler. Here in SD it was HOT in the afternoon and it was just right.

You ladies are the coolest :cool:

dawnsclassycupboard said:
Last winter I went a stretch where I never did a demo. I called my shows "Socials" and I chose recipes that the guests could put together themselves and have hands on use of the tools. They were some of my very best shows. I wouldn't be nervous about not doing a demo if you get the guests involved. Go for it!! The guests will have a great time!

When you did these shows, what recipes did you have the guest put together?

dawnsclassycupboard said:

Would you mind sharing what the "socials" were like please? What recipes you used? Do you still have the invites?

Personally I think not demonstrating would be a BIG relief! lol. Maybe make cute little recipe name cards to go with each platter of items (you could include the entire recipe showing which tools were used).

AMTC said:
At our cluster meeting two of our consultants said that at Conference there were some consultants who NEVER do demos and are very successful.

I love the idea but haven't tried it (but I'm new too so I hope to)

I would ask to AT LEAST have a display table to display your PC products. Otherwise, like someone else said, your a caterer not a PC consultant.

Did your directors say what they did instead???? I'm soooo interested! LOL. I did a demo in front of friends last week and I felt like I was doing a Saturday Night Live Skit ~ just didn't feel comfy in the "role" that night. :)

pamperedbecky said:
This one always looked good, but I don't know if it's "fancy" enough for a shower:

* Orange Plunge-sicle

* Sparkling Citrus Cooler

* Perfect Party Punch

:)

Think any of these can be spiked?

Definitly!

When I made the cooler the first time, My hostess added vodka and it was a big hit!

1. What are some popular recipes for a high tea theme?

Some popular recipes for a high tea theme include scones with clotted cream and jam, cucumber sandwiches, mini quiches, and various types of tea cakes.

2. How can I incorporate my products into a high tea theme without a demonstration?

One idea is to create a display table with your products and have them set up as part of the decor for the high tea. You can also offer samples of your products for guests to try and include information about them in the event program or on a table tent.

3. Will not having a demonstration hurt my sales?

While a demonstration can certainly help showcase the features and uses of your products, it is not the only way to make sales. As long as you have your products displayed and offer samples for guests to try, you can still generate interest and make sales.

4. Can I use a cookie press to make high tea appetizers?

Yes, a cookie press can be used to make unique and decorative appetizers for a high tea theme. You can use it to make savory cookies or crackers with different flavors and shapes, and even use it to create mini tart shells for bite-sized quiches or other savory fillings.

5. What are some ideas for getting guests interested in my products without a demo?

Aside from having a display table and offering samples, you can also consider hosting a giveaway or raffle for one of your products. You can also include special promotions or discounts for guests who purchase your products during the event. Additionally, you can have your products incorporated into the food and drinks for the high tea, such as using your tea bags or serving food on your serving platters.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pcheframsey
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • Suzy Englert
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
CookingMomma
  • simms148