• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hide Your Turkey: Creative Recipes for Thanksgiving Leftovers | Nov. Show Ideas

In summary, the author suggests using a tart shaper to remove the cups of cranberry filling from the pan.
pamperedalf
Silver Member
I have been listening to the bookings from the pros CD lately, and she gave this theme and I thought about offering it to my Nov. shows.

I am looking for good recipes to hide the Turkey:

My thoughts so far are the turkey cranberry braid or chic/broc braid (substitute turkey).

I can cook turkey legs or thighs in the DCB in the micro.

What do you guys think??????

I do hide the turkey shows every November- and I do the Turkey/cranberry wreath- perfect with stoneware on sale on November.

ditto, me too. I don't even think of others, that is all I do. hee-hee

Okay, that is what I will do then!! Thank you for your feedback. Gonna go book some shows.

that was the recipe the fall I became a consultant and I can do that thing in my sleep STILL!

It is a yummo recipe and easy peasy~I think I may have to give it a try again...

Would this work on the new medium stone? That's the only round stone I have.

Mmmm, any recipe using dried cranberries I HAVE to try!

I think it would work well on the medium stone- It is all in how you lay the crescent rolls.

hmm and I did that wreath this weekend and wasn't all that impressed - it tasted like turkey pot pie is what the DH said - I guess the other rings and braids I have done tasted better - I was just happy not to waste the turkey!! LOL!!

Oh and I agree - I love those dried cranberrys!

I'm doing my first ever hide the turkey show - yes we're doing the wreath, and I'm going to have a contest for the wackiest place to hide the turkey. I'll give out recipes too.

Do any of you have a special invitation for the "hide the turkey" show? If so, would you share? I think that would be fun fun fun!!!

I do Thanksgiving In A Bites. HUGE hit always!
Thanksgiving in a Bite. Make a basic cream cheese dough (pecan tassie dough) and roll into small balls (one ball per well), or use refrigerated pie crust cut into small circles and place into wells. Use lightly floured tart shaper to push into cups. Make filling by preparing Stove Top stuffing (we used turkey flavor) according to package directions (at my shows, I make it in the microwave in the classic batter bowl). Mix with a can of cream of mushroom soup and 1 egg. Chop up some cooked turkey (really, the amount is to taste, but I think I used between 6 and 8 oz. or so) and mix in stuffing. Use small scoop to add a scoop of the filling to each cup. Press down slightly using the back of the scoop. Use the can opener to open a can of WHOLE cranberry sauce (or make your own for better flavor) and pour into small batter bowl. Mash up so it's a "sauce" and not a "jello". Use a small spoon to top each cup with a few cranberries. Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes or until the stuffing is browned slightly. Use the tart shaper to remove from pan. For added flavor, you could throw some chopped up dried cranberries in before you make the stuffing. Also, a guest suggested mixing in some orange zest (could show the microplane) with the cranberry sauce.

Wow, that sounds incredible!! I will have to try that one for sure

I have a question about the Turkey Cranberry Wreath... I suggested it to a host for early November and she liked the idea but since she is on a budget rejected the recipe saying that it would be too expensive to make. After I checked at Walmart for turkey breast (without buying and making a whole turkey) and saw that a small one was over $10 I tend to agree with her. How do you all work that out? Do you use chicken before Thanksgiving or what? I'd like to offer this to my hosts for November, it sounds like an awesome idea, but the cost seems a little high....

janezapchef said:
Use the tart shaper to remove from pan.

I hope this isn't a dumb question, but how do you use the tart shaper to remove the cups?

I have my hostess get the turkey from the deli case, the turkey breast lunchmeat, but just have the deli girl cut a 12 oz chunk of it- This is how I have always done it, of course, when they make it for their family after Thanksgiving, they will use their left over turkey.

Hmmm, never thought of the deli... do you ever have people complain that it's too expensive? Because that would still run quite a bit if memory serves me, a pound of turkey from deli around here is close to $5/lb...

The deli's around here always seem to have turkey on sale every week- one brand or another. This recipe is very inexpensive to make, because most of the ingredients you have at home. remember, the hostess earns back the cost of ingredients in free product.

Last edited:
I checked turkey out in the meet section & it's $2.29lb here. That seems cheeper than deli turkey. I was just going to cook it in the DCB was my thought before guests arrive. I have heard people love the cranberry wreath, and I have heard it's not as good as the other braids. so we will see.

lauradahl said:
Do any of you have a special invitation for the "hide the turkey" show? If so, would you share? I think that would be fun fun fun!!!

Anyone? Anyone?

I found one in the files and unfortunatly its in publisher and I don't have that. I did look at loading it and just got dizzy!

pampchefsarah said:
I hope this isn't a dumb question, but how do you use the tart shaper to remove the cups?

Not a dumb question at all. I meant remove from the pan using citrus peeler. I'm not sure where my brain was there!

lauradahl said:
Anyone? Anyone?

I found one in the files and unfortunatly its in publisher and I don't have that. I did look at loading it and just got dizzy!

I don't have a special invite, I let them know when I do the reminder calls. Or put a special label on the invites w/ a picture of a Turkey. I hope that helps.

If you search the files under "turkey", there is in invite called "s talk turkey invite" or something like that. It's not exactly "hide the turkey", but it could be easily adapted. Also, there is a great file called "turkey booklet" that I give my hosts (and anyone else who requests it) (I didn't create it though, just got from here). And, there is a turkey quiz that I have had guests do while people are arriving. Everyone seems to enjoy it.

janezapchef said:
If you search the files under "turkey", there is in invite called "s talk turkey invite" or something like that. It's not exactly "hide the turkey", but it could be easily adapted. Also, there is a great file called "turkey booklet" that I give my hosts (and anyone else who requests it) (I didn't create it though, just got from here). And, there is a turkey quiz that I have had guests do while people are arriving. Everyone seems to enjoy it.

Jane....tu, tu, tu! I think I will adapt that one and use it.

1. What is the "Hide Your Turkey Show!!!" event?

The "Hide Your Turkey Show!!!" is a fun and interactive cooking demonstration where we show you how to make delicious Thanksgiving dishes using our Pampered Chef products.

2. Is there a cost to attend the "Hide Your Turkey Show!!!"?

No, the "Hide Your Turkey Show!!!" is a free event for everyone to attend. We want to share our love for cooking and Pampered Chef products with as many people as possible.

3. Will there be samples and tastings at the "Hide Your Turkey Show!!!"?

Yes, you will get to taste all the dishes that we make during the demonstration. We want you to experience the deliciousness of our Pampered Chef products firsthand.

4. Can I purchase the Pampered Chef products used in the "Hide Your Turkey Show!!!"?

Yes, all the products used in the demonstration will be available for purchase. Our consultants will be available to assist you with any purchases and answer any questions you may have.

5. Do I need to RSVP for the "Hide Your Turkey Show!!!"?

While it is not required, we highly recommend RSVPing for the event so we can ensure we have enough samples and materials for everyone. You can RSVP through our website or by contacting your local Pampered Chef consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• meganmcg
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
meganmcg
  • MissChef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Tracie
  • k1tchng0ddess