• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Struggling with Bookings? How Can I Get More Guests for My Kick Off Show?

In summary, Aeilene is having a hard time booking people to come to her show. She suggests pushing for outside orders, planning a 2nd party, and trying to get people to support her with shows, even if they can't come to her own. She also suggests coaching her hosts to do the same.
Aeilene
AAAHHHHH! I'm just about to blow my brains off. Im having a hard time booking people---and they're my friends and family! My kick off show is in two weeks and so far I only have three of my friends coming...

What to do???

Aeilene

I feel for you. I just had my Grand Opening show on Saturday. Invited 47, 7 RSVP'd, 5 showed up (and that was with 2 bringing a guest). My only words of advice are to push for outside orders, plan a 2nd party (for a diff nite - weekend if you had weekday, weeknight if you had weekend), and try to get people to support you with shows, even if they can't come to yours. I found June to be SUPER hard to book due to so many things going on (graduations, dance recitals, tball, vacations etc) - but for each party you can get, its hopefully 2 more in the next month.

Try to stay positive - I know its SUPER hard to do. I'm a natural pessimist and I already had my night of self-doubt and threw myself a big ole pity party with lots of chocolate but, in the end, the only result I got from that was prob a 2lb weight gain and dishes in the sink. :) (Never doubt how many gooey brownies you can eat, especially warm out of the med bar pan!!!)

Like with anything, the beginning is always the hardest. If we can find a way to see past the 'tree' and see the 'forest' we will do ok - just dont focus so much on the tree (your party attendees). My party will still be over $300 (far cry from my $700 goal) but its still $300. And when it comes to PC Dollars - u get credit for a party regardless of the sales so your closer to that goal.

Its not too late to keep calling people! Encourage friends to bring a guest to join in the fun! Use every mode u can - I used email, phone, myspace, facebook (rules referee's don't freak - i used PM on the sites) etc. Grab outside orders - all that couldn't come, try to hit them up for an order. (I have an issue with not being pushy as I greatly dislike sales people so there is where I am lacking). And reminder phone calls! I found many are not addicts to email like myself and don't check their emails to find the invites/reminders. Last but not least, something I am not doing so well at, try to not take it personally. If you figure out how to do that, let me know. When its close friends/fam - I can't seem to accept "its only ketchup".

My words of wisdom that I repeat constantly to myself:
"Forest" not "Tree"
Rome wasn't built in a day
Name it and claim it
Imagine the impossible - then do it!
The tortoise beat the hare. Slow and steady wins the race!

Chin up & best wishes!
"WE" can all do it, we just have to believe. The peeps on this site ROCK for great ideas, support & picking you up when your down. Thanks for listening to my babble. :balloon:

I think most of us have been there....my grandopening had 70+ invites sent out and 0 people showed up. So if you have 3 people, you just might be surprised! And if you can, let them know to bring a friend and that you'll give them a free gift, and then add a Season's Best to their order (or if you have some, give them one at the show). Or if you have a couple recipe cards you can give them?Start looking for a Booth or vendor event you can set up a table (ideas on where to find them). That's how I ended up getting contacts/leads. And when you find one, be sure to read this thread with some great tips!It may be a bit slow going- but just keep at it. Check the files and search for "Bookings". You'll find several documents on where to find bookings.Good luck! Don't give up yet. :D

I was just telling a friend that my first show--at my house-- hand only 3 people (and was like 3 hours long!) but I had so much fun, one of them was my actual first host; her show was over 600, plus from it I booked my 3300 fundraiser. Hang with it; it'll happen!Believe in yourself - work your business - And HAVE FUN!!

One piece of advice, don't expect an invite (paper or email) to be enough. You must call everyone. Also in the future, you need to coach your hosts to do the same thing. And everyone who says yes they will come, call and remind them the day before.

1. How do I set up my Pampered Chef consultant account?

To set up your consultant account, go to the Pampered Chef website and click on the "Join Now" button. Follow the prompts to create your account and complete the enrollment process.

2. How do I place an order as a consultant?

To place an order as a consultant, log in to your consultant account on the Pampered Chef website. Click on "Shop" and browse through the product categories. Once you have selected the items you want to purchase, proceed to checkout and follow the prompts to complete your order.

3. How do I earn commission as a Pampered Chef consultant?

To earn commission as a consultant, you will need to host cooking shows and sell Pampered Chef products. You will earn a percentage of the sales from these shows. You can also earn commission by recruiting new consultants to join your team.

4. How do I access training and resources as a new consultant?

As a new consultant, you will have access to a variety of training and resources on the Pampered Chef website. Simply log in to your consultant account and click on the "Training & Resources" tab. Here, you will find helpful videos, guides, and tips to help you succeed as a Pampered Chef consultant.

5. What is the best way to promote my Pampered Chef business?

The best way to promote your Pampered Chef business is through hosting cooking shows and events. You can also utilize social media platforms to showcase products and reach potential customers. Additionally, networking with friends and family can help spread the word about your business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
LI Chick
  • lklingman
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pregochef