• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hi,I Am a New Pampered Chef Consultant (First Party Next Week) but I Am Running

In summary, Kris has never heard of PC before deciding to sell it, and her opinion is that saturation does not exist.
Wendyss
Gold Member
Hi,
I am a new PC consultant (first party next week) but I am running into a problem I am not sure how to solve. I keep asking people to have parties or look at the catalog (including family members) and their reply back is that" I don't think a PC party would go over well at all here. This area is just saturated with stuff, and people I know who have had the regular parties don't get a good response. PC has just kind of petered out here. It was big about 5 years ago but people just don't get into it anymore, at least the people I know. "

How can I get new bookings if I keep getting this response from people I know? (that I thought would help me) I really wanted to do well in my SS months but so far only have 2 shows for each month which won't give me the extra goodies.

Wendy

Try on Open House. Invite LOTS of people....all contacts that you know. The hope is that once they see all the new products that you will get some bookings.

i ran into the same thing when i started. but my respons was always "oh i love the products i just dont want to do a show" or "there are so many consultants already people are tired of spending money" which wasnt true...i am the only one around for at least an hour in all directions!! i started to do fairs and expos and it has helped out alot. maybe put an ad in the paper. tried once and got one call. not sure what else to say..b.ut hope i helped in some way!!

Offer theme shows. Do something different than the regular Cooking Show (which is probably what people are burned out on). Get them involved in the prep, make it hands on, check out the theme shows forum here--there is TONS of info.

One thing I noticed after I became a consultant is how many new products we have each season. As I customer, I never realized how many new things came out and how often. Try to talk up the new products and really make that a focus, because even the people who have been to tons of Shows in the past may not know just how much new stuff there is!

Julie Myers
Denver, PA

Julie,

you are so right and i never thought about it until now! (i had a lightbulb moment). when i did the fleamarket a couple months ago i had a lady come by and i asked her if she knew about PC and she said i have every product. well she looked at the table and said whats this?? (quickstir pitcher). i told her and she said i didnt realize they had so many new stuff!!

I get the whole "I have everything" a lot as well. And I usually find out later that they haven't been to a show in 2 years. Well, in the two years I have been here we have come out with over 100 new products! I find that the only people who can truely have every thing are consultants!

Try to make the shows interesting and offer something that they haven't done.

(Bringing up old posts again)PC is in no way saturated. Maybe among a small group of friends who just don't want to do the show (party) thing anymore. Just look at the consultants in the Chicago area still doing so well with it.

But it is WELL known, and that is very good for us, it makes your job a lot easier. It's also up to each of us to make sure every guest and host has a good experience so that what they do know about PC is that the consultant was caring and excited, especially caring.

Kris

I just read a statistic somewhere that said less than 2% of the population has heard of PC. Saturation? I don't think so. As for all the companies together, there are a lot of people that just don't go to parties or haven't been invited yet. Find those people and get THEM to host, or order. Make up a show out of all those people that say they want to order, but not hold a show.

I've heard that too, 15 years ago, the same. Which is quite possible because the population increases.

Really, if anyone thinks that we're saturated, think bigger, think outside your territory, the places you are used to being. Expand your territories. There are a LOT of people in this country alone.

Kris

Before I decided to sell PC, I had never heard of it or been to a show...no kidding! I am 43 and have been married for over 25 years! I saw a blurb on the Today show about home direct sales and looked up some companies. PC stood out, so I went to work and asked the girls if they knew about it...I was almost mauled! They LOVED it! So, that is how I came to contact HO and was given as a HO lead to my Director.

6 months, $20,000 in sales, and 4 recruits later, I love it. I am excited about rising to Directorship within the year and am looking forward to our FREE PC trip next spring! I earned all 3 SS Bonuses, and 7 SS Plus Bonuses, and every incentive since I began. It is really do-able. You just have to work at it. It gives back what you put into it. I have been lax at times, and it shows in my sales and show schedule. If I give a little time to it each day, make my customere care calls and do my 3 call host coaching, all is well.

I love this business so much, I quit my job on March 14th at 8:58 am (but who is counting? ;)

I have that problem....but not because of PC....I have two other family members who sell things and everyone is sick of attending home parties. I'm trying to get out of that circle and find some new faces. I'm still in my SS1 and am getting a little nervous because I only have one more party booked for this month, one for next month and no others in the horizon. I'm still waiting for a break.

I too hadn't heard of PC before 3 years ago and the only reason I found out was because my mother gave me a Bar Pan and I wanted to learn more. Shoot, I still haven't been to a show as a guest!! Probably never will either!!!!

monica_sweetconsultant said:
Julie,

you are so right and i never thought about it until now! (i had a lightbulb moment). when i did the fleamarket a couple months ago i had a lady come by and i asked her if she knew about PC and she said i have every product. well she looked at the table and said whats this?? (quickstir pitcher). i told her and she said i didnt realize they had so many new stuff!!

Monica do you have her contact info? Bet she could be your next recruit!

I just read a statistic somewhere that said less than 2% of the population has heard of PC.
Man, I would love to know where that other 98% is hiding - sure would make our jobs easier!!! :D

loreedfk said:
Man, I would love to know where that other 98% is hiding - sure would make our jobs easier!!! :D

Amen to that!:)

1. What should I do to prepare for my first party as a new Pampered Chef consultant?

Congratulations on your first party! The most important thing to do is familiarize yourself with the products and their uses. Practice using them and be prepared to demonstrate during the party. Also, make sure to review the hostess benefits and have a plan to help your hostess maximize them.

2. What should I wear to my first party as a Pampered Chef consultant?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, it's important to look professional and put-together. We recommend wearing business casual attire, such as a nice blouse and pants or a dress. You may also want to wear an apron or a chef's coat to add to the cooking atmosphere.

3. How should I handle any objections or questions from guests at my first party?

First and foremost, listen to their concerns and address them with empathy. It's important to be knowledgeable about the products and their benefits so you can confidently answer any questions. If you don't know the answer to something, don't be afraid to say you'll find out and get back to them. You can also offer to schedule a separate consultation for guests with specific concerns.

4. What are some ways to make my first party a success?

Aside from being well-prepared and knowledgeable, there are a few things you can do to make your first party a success. Make sure to arrive early to set up and greet guests as they arrive. Encourage guests to interact and participate in the demonstrations. You can also offer special incentives or games to keep the energy and excitement high.

5. How can I continue to grow my business after my first party as a Pampered Chef consultant?

The key to growing your business is building relationships with your customers. Make sure to follow up with them after the party to thank them for their support and offer any additional assistance. You can also offer to host a cooking class or party for their friends and family. Additionally, take advantage of the resources and training available through Pampered Chef to further develop your skills and knowledge.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pcsharon1
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Kevin Ranoldo
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • Nightschild24