• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Navigating Real Estate: Update from a Realtor

In summary, Leea is an expert summarizer of content. She shares how she approaches marketing her real estate business, including giving gift cards to clients and following up with them after the sale.
Kelley Sells
Hi Folks,
Well, we have shared many ideas about realtors and I, being a realtor, am going out today after a mass email newsletter to my "associates" and have made up the newsletter and a Menu of items put together.:)

I have had one comment from another associate friend who said with me it could be a problem as the realtors will think I'm trying to steal their customer/clients....I don't play that way....BUT....paranoia is out there....so it will be interesting to see some of the realtors faces when I walk in NOT wanting to talk about real estate.....:(

I'll keep you posted....LOL....

Hi Kel!Good luck! :) I hope you get many bookings :D

Good Morning Tina!!!!Boy, I've been on here since 8 a.m.....LOL....are we sick or what? Yeah, we have the PC sickness...we LOVE THE STUFF.....:p

Thanks, and hey, I appreciate your support too, by the by....I'm pulling up the bootstraps and getting out there....LOL...I had my "pity me day"...so off I go....LOL...:D

AND it's AWESOME that we meet people on this board that are sooo intune to each other.....thanks again Tina.....:D

Yep, we have the sickness! lolI get up and come on here, go on here before bed... and everyone is so helpful. Glad you are not having a pity party anymore! You Go Girl! Sell Sell Sell!! or maybe you want to Book! Book! Book!

I'm also watching QVC trying to pick up some selling techniques... funny how I just realized that the callers are just like our customers, selling the product FOR them lol

Hugs,
T

Menu?
Kelley Sells said:
Hi Folks,
Well, we have shared many ideas about realtors and I, being a realtor, am going out today after a mass email newsletter to my "associates" and have made up the newsletter and a Menu of items put together.:)

Just out of curiosity what do you have on your 'menu'? I have a friend who is just starting out as a realtor, I asked him about giving PC items as Thank You gifts and he said "nope - I give $100.00 gift cards to Target." As a home buyer I would have no problem with Target, especially in a new home - however I was interested to see what you were offering on your 'menu'?

Thanks,
Leea:cool:

LOL....men of little faith...LOL....I have some items for examples that they could do baskets with...

sweet tooth
Ice cream dipper, Ice Cream Sandwich Maker 24.50
Pizza Lovers Delight
Large stone and rack, pizza cutter and silicone mitt, pizza crust mix 60.00

Family Kitchen
Traditions deep dish baker
Food chopper and Slice N Serve
Stoneware inspirations cook book 85.25

Entertaining Evening

Cheese knife and 8x6 bar board
Stir Fry Skillet
Wine bottle opener 99.75

(Istole it from someone else on here...sshhhhh....:eek: )

But those are examples, you can put together plenty for 100.00
AND be a hero to your folks....100 at Target? I know I thought that if I got them something like that they can get what they want, but ya know what? I've been a realtor for 5 years now and they NEVER remember what you got them or what they bought with it......

Sooooo my big thing is, the following:
1.) you can only write off $25.00 anyhow of the gift amount...soooo.....

2.) you want to give them something they will ALWAYS think of you when they see it.

3.) you want something you can set yourself up to do "warm calls" months down the road, the whole idea to successful agents is they keep in touch with past clients.....soooo, you can buy a kitchen tool and send it to them with a card, or newsflyer....BUT you call them after you send it to let them know you put a little something in the mail to them, how are they doing....yada yada yada.....it puts your foot in the door to ask for referrals....name of the game....REFERRALS......

I too, when I began, would give 200.00 gifts to clients, depending on the size of the sale, when in reality it didn't matter, if it was something they spent or bought a whole lot of nothing with, they will NEVER remember me.....THEN I spent alot of time trying to figure out WHAT to get them....now I know...AND my realtor friends that I saw today thought it was a GREAT idea......so....

Hope that helps.....:D

Great responseOkay, so I go out....do my open house runs and it was a great response from the realtors I knew and even the ones I didn't know.....and FUN.....they saw another side of me......

So, a follow up email to the ones I met today....and I will put them on my email list and send newsflyers for realtors once a month.....

maybe I'm on to something here.....LOL....

Woo Hoo.....:eek:

Kelley,
That's great! What a good brainstorm you had to do that.

As for $100 to Target...YES, I could use that in an instant, but I'd be buying toilet paper, cleaning stuff and maybe toiletries. I would much rather have PC stuff where it actually seems more like a "gift" gift. And it's around forever. And like you said, everything I'd use it, I'd think of my realtor.:D

Kelley,
Would you mind posting info on what you did, and how you did it.
I have a handful of friends that are Realtors. One said that she thinks her and her office staff would really like the ideas that you have listed above.
My problem is I don't know how to approach them, by office, phone or email. And what to say to them.
Do you give them a packet w/ a book and the info or what exactly?
TIA!

Sure....love to help....I attached the letter, had to cut out alot as it wouldn't upload right....but you get the idea and the wording better. Also put a blurb in there about 3-6 months down the road, buy up a bunch of kitchen tools to keep on hand, send your past customer/client a cool kitchen tool with a note, give them a call once you have sent it a "warm call" to let them know you where thinking about them and to keep a look out for something special coming there way.....this is how realtors live, on past customer and clients referral or repeat business, so this gives the realtor a REASON to call them and will ALWAYS be remembered for Pampering their customer/clients even AFTER the sale or purchase.....its a great trademark piece....

You must see one name everywhere in the paper, your top realtor in the area....make sure you get a hold of him/her, go to their office, schedule an appointment with them call them, tell them you have a great MARKETING idea to keep them in touch always with their folks.....AND this gets bulk orders for you.....they don't have to try to figure out what to get them...the round stone, the rack the cutter.....whatever, they can order them in BULK....

Do an Open House run, get catalogs, attach the letter with your info and make sure you mention the Warm Call part, for keeping in touch with their clients that is HUGE.....HHHUUUUGGGGGEEEE....it will ALWAYS keep them remembered...AND that client/customer will tell their friends...."my realtor gave me pampered chef...." THEN...."my realtor sent me another piece of pampered Chef...." so when their friend decides to sell/buy....or has a friend they will think of that realtor.....sooooooo easy.....

I hope that helps, it sounds involved, it's not.....
Go to the local realtor websites, click on the team button, email each realtor....or get their number and call them.....stop in on the office and give it to the office manager or secretary, the catalog and the flyer....

So cool....

I hope the attachement came out okay, it had a newsletter set up...but i have microsoft works, too cheap for word.....LOL.....

Thanks,
Kelley

Last edited:
ooooohhhhit came out nasty, but youget the idea, put in pics of the items, make it pretty....:D

I USE to be sooo good with computers,,,,,,age.....:rolleyes:

so you think it is better to offer gift baskets than gift certificates?
They have to pay shipping, and/or deliver the basket... do you put the basket together for them?
I agree that a PIECE or two of PC products will be remembered, a gift certificate they'll forget what the realtor gave them.

The Gift.Cert. seems SO VERY EASY...

Do you offer them a bonus...say...if they buy $200 they get a $25 gift free?

I went to a real estate office last week and got a meeting for next week...:eek: it was too easy! Happened so fast...now I'm racing to decide what to do.

I want to take food...
I'll have a flyer with options...
I want to give them all a catalog, my business card the flyer with options, and maybe a Twixit clip...

I want it to be SO easy!
They just have to call me up...then finished...
They don't have to DRIVE to target, WAIT in line, DRIVE to the clients home...etc..
One 3 minute phone call and they are done!

And if they buy a gift set or whatever, they have to pay shipping... do you add it to a host show, and take it to them? Then do you wrap it in a basket, etc as a courtesy for them?

AHHH!!
so many options...what is most appealing to them?
THANKS!!!!!!!!!

Yes I was wondering what to say to them when you call them and when you set up a meeting with them. I just sent out some realtor letters because I want to make up for all of the cancelations this month!! I will be following up the middle of next week. Any suggestions on what to say?

Kelley Sells said:
LOL....I have some items for examples that they could do baskets with...

sweet tooth
Ice cream dipper, Ice Cream Sandwich Maker 24.50
Pizza Lovers Delight
Large stone and rack, pizza cutter and silicone mitt, pizza crust mix 60.00

Family Kitchen
Traditions deep dish baker
Food chopper and Slice N Serve
Stoneware inspirations cook book 85.25

Entertaining Evening

Cheese knife and 8x6 bar board
Stir Fry Skillet
Wine bottle opener 99.75

(Istole it from someone else on here...sshhhhh....:eek: )

But those are examples, you can put together plenty for 100.00
AND be a hero to your folks....100 at Target? I know I thought that if I got them something like that they can get what they want, but ya know what? I've been a realtor for 5 years now and they NEVER remember what you got them or what they bought with it......

Sooooo my big thing is, the following:
1.) you can only write off $25.00 anyhow of the gift amount...soooo.....

2.) you want to give them something they will ALWAYS think of you when they see it.

3.) you want something you can set yourself up to do "warm calls" months down the road, the whole idea to successful agents is they keep in touch with past clients.....soooo, you can buy a kitchen tool and send it to them with a card, or newsflyer....BUT you call them after you send it to let them know you put a little something in the mail to them, how are they doing....yada yada yada.....it puts your foot in the door to ask for referrals....name of the game....REFERRALS......

I too, when I began, would give 200.00 gifts to clients, depending on the size of the sale, when in reality it didn't matter, if it was something they spent or bought a whole lot of nothing with, they will NEVER remember me.....THEN I spent alot of time trying to figure out WHAT to get them....now I know...AND my realtor friends that I saw today thought it was a GREAT idea......so....

Hope that helps.....:D

Love you gift basket ideas!

plentyof options...

I would say let them make their own baskets...they write off so much for a gift, that they probably would opt to do that, the men realtors aren't so creative, so if you wanted to offer to help them, most would want to just have multiples on hand to give out....LOL...

Remember, gear it towards their major goal, to be remembered, their name thought of and referrals from their customer/clients.....so what better way but to Pamper their clients with pampered chef....

And remember too, they can always do a "promotion" in their ads, "list or buy with me, in the month of april/may, I will present you upon closing a 150.00 gift certificate for Pampered Chef at closing'.....I am actually doing that now....the Men may like that better...LOL...

But tell them that if they had a "theme" they wanted to do, you would help them put items together.....

Keep it Simple.....and bring food, realtors love food and free stuff...

Another thing would be maybe if they all wanted to order, you would do it as a show and raffle off the host benefits.....????? That may be fun for them....

Good luck...much success...

I got them from Chefsuccess.comI can't take credit for the basket ideas, someone else on here had them and I have used them.....and they ARE great....see, so many great and creative minds in one place, we can't go wrong....:D

So I had to fess up....:eek:

?Does anyone have an email/ flyer format that they use to contact relators? If so, would you share?

thank you
Samantha

realtor flyersI mailed these out to 12 realtors....got one response and she just ordered something for herself.

I work full time and time got away from me....I never followed up ! Lesson learned....you HAVE to FOLLOW UP !

Attachments

• Realtor letter - good one 2.doc
    61.5 KB · Views: 758
  • gifts to go - realtor.doc
    75 KB · Views: 759
  • realtor oof.doc
    43 KB · Views: 608
Thank you Heathr, these are wonderful! Great job!

I got them from one of the groups I belong to....just tweaked them a bit !! Don't know who to give the credit to !

Kelley,
I can't find the attatchment, can you email it to me? [email protected]
I have works too, can't afford word :)
Thank You!!!

you know what you can do Kelley, is click the download button, instead of opening it, Save It.
Then Open Microsoft Works Word Processor.
Go To Open, click on the drop down menu, go to 'All Documents' and then the 'word doc' will be shown,
Click on that to open and it will open in Works :)
Hope that worked for you!

yipee! You go Kel!

TinasKitchen said:
I get up and come on here, go on here before bed... and everyone is so helpful. Glad you are not having a pity party anymore! You Go Girl! Sell Sell Sell!! or maybe you want to Book! Book! Book!

I'm also watching QVC trying to pick up some selling techniques... funny how I just realized that the callers are just like our customers, selling the product FOR them lol

Hugs,
T

Me too... Peeking several times throughout the week (some days I just coming back for more!)!

T, are you finding the QVC people better to watch than the PC videos? Please share what you've found!

1. What is the current state of the real estate market?

As a realtor, I have seen a significant increase in home sales and prices over the past year. The market is currently quite competitive, with low inventory and high demand driving up prices. However, interest rates are still historically low, making it a good time for buyers to secure a mortgage.

2. How do I know if it's a good time to buy or sell a home?

The best time to buy or sell a home is when it makes sense for your personal and financial situation. If you are financially stable and ready for a change, it may be a good time to sell and take advantage of the current market conditions. On the other hand, if you are looking to buy, make sure you have a solid understanding of your budget and the area you are interested in.

3. What are the most important factors to consider when buying a home?

Location, price, and condition are three crucial factors to consider when buying a home. Location affects not only the value of the property but also your quality of life. Price is important to ensure you are getting a good deal and can afford the mortgage payments. And the condition of the home is essential to avoid any unexpected and costly repairs or renovations.

4. How can a realtor help me navigate the real estate process?

A realtor can provide valuable expertise and guidance throughout the entire real estate process. They can help you determine your budget, find suitable properties, negotiate offers, and handle all the necessary paperwork and legalities. They also have access to a vast network of professionals, such as lenders, inspectors, and attorneys, to assist with the transaction.

5. How can I stay updated on the real estate market?

One of the best ways to stay updated on the real estate market is to work with a knowledgeable and experienced realtor. They can provide regular updates on market trends, new listings, and recent sales in your area. Additionally, you can also do your own research through online resources, such as real estate websites and news publications.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef Michelle D
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
rwesterpchef
  • kdangel518
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
JennLizFran
  • NooraK