• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

A Newbie's Nervous Debut: Chicken Club Filiing Braid Show

In summary, Rita was nervous about her first show and tried to prepare by bushing the dough with a small amount of water and braid the dough instead of using the ring dish. CarrieAnn recommends using firm green apples and using the US&G for summer, fall, and winter. Kim suggests using the v-shaped blade when cutting the dough.
CarrieAnn
Hi Everyone!! I have my very first show tonight and I tried making the Chicken Club Filiing and putting it in the braid instead of the ring. My crescent rolls didn't stick together very well. I used the store brand, but maybe I should have used the Pillsbury brand? Also, do you cut the dough into strips, or just the sides to make the braid. I'm starting to get nervous about this...and thinking that maybe I should just do the ring, but I really wanted to do something impressive since it's my first show and alot of the people coming have been to several other shows with the ring dishes being made. I was also thinking of having 2 people from the audience try out my A/P/C/S . One using the APCS and the other using the quikcut paring knife. Hey, did I say that I'm starting to get nervous about the show??? There's 16 people RSVP'd!! Some words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated!!!

TryTry bushing the dough with a very small amount of water. Also be sure you are pressing the braided end together.

When I make the braid, I scoop the filling down the center, and then cut strips on each side of the filling and braid the strips together.

Hope this helps.

Nervousness is normal. But the beauty of our business is that we are not culinary experts. We are normal moms and women that want easy, fun recipes for our family & friends. I personally prefer the Pillsbury brands over the store brand. Sometimes, they are easier to work with, and the size of the store brands vary. When I make the braids, I use the french dough so that I don't have to fight the seams on the cresent rolls. Also, make sure that your dough is chilled; it's easier to work with. I cut mine with either my kitchen shears or pizza cutter (whichever I grab first) before I put on my filling.
I also recommend the green apples for your guests to try the APCS. They are more user friendly for the learners. It is definitely good to get the crowd involved. It reinforces how easy it is to use our tools. Sometimes they think we are culinary experts (boy, we got them fooled ;) )
Enjoy your show!

Great idea!Rita,

Great idea using the french bread. It's like that saying "if it was a snake it would have bit me". Totally a common sense thing and I never would have thought of it!

CarrieAnn - I agree APCS is a great demo at all shows, but definitely use firm green apples, like granny smith. Also, I always demo the US&G in the summer I make lemonade with fresh lemons in the QuickStir Pitcher in the fall & winter I just slice a raw potato. I prefer the v shaped blade.

Good luck, relax and enjoy!

1st show
CarrieAnn said:
Hi Everyone!! I have my very first show tonight and I tried making the Chicken Club Filiing and putting it in the braid instead of the ring. My crescent rolls didn't stick together very well. I used the store brand, but maybe I should have used the Pillsbury brand? Also, do you cut the dough into strips, or just the sides to make the braid. I'm starting to get nervous about this...and thinking that maybe I should just do the ring, but I really wanted to do something impressive since it's my first show and alot of the people coming have been to several other shows with the ring dishes being made. I was also thinking of having 2 people from the audience try out my A/P/C/S . One using the APCS and the other using the quikcut paring knife. Hey, did I say that I'm starting to get nervous about the show??? There's 16 people RSVP'd!! Some words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated!!!

I had a hard time with the braid at my first show too. My director/recruiter was there to give me support, and she ended up having to braid it for me. :eek:

We just kind of played it off, because everyone there was friends of mine and I just told them that it just proves what I had always said before I joined the PC, was that I'm not much of a cook. They all got a laugh out of it, and it defused my embarrasment.

Just take a deep breath and try not to over analize it. It will go smoother than you think it will. Just don't psych yourself out.

Good luck, and let us know how it went.

Kim

APCS TipAnother tip for the APCS is that you have to be careful about the size of the apples you use. I always caution my hosts not to buy the great big apples because the APCS will get stuck and appear to not work properly if the apple is too big. Medium-sized apples are the biggest that work well. ;)

1. What is a Chicken Club Filling Braid Show?

A Chicken Club Filling Braid Show is a Pampered Chef cooking demonstration featuring our Chicken Club Filling Braid recipe. This recipe combines chicken, bacon, and vegetables in a delicious braid that is perfect for any occasion.

2. Do I need any special kitchen tools or equipment to make the Chicken Club Filling Braid?

No, you do not need any special kitchen tools or equipment to make the Chicken Club Filling Braid. However, a baking sheet, knife, and cutting board are recommended for optimal results.

3. Can I substitute any ingredients in the Chicken Club Filling Braid recipe?

Yes, you can substitute different ingredients in the Chicken Club Filling Braid recipe to suit your taste preferences or dietary restrictions. For example, you can use turkey bacon instead of regular bacon, or omit the cheese for a dairy-free version.

4. How many servings does the Chicken Club Filling Braid recipe make?

The Chicken Club Filling Braid recipe makes 8 servings, but can easily be doubled or tripled for larger groups.

5. Is the Chicken Club Filling Braid recipe difficult to make?

No, the Chicken Club Filling Braid recipe is easy to make and perfect for beginners. The step-by-step instructions make it simple to follow along and create a delicious dish for your family and friends.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• CarrieAnn
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • lizdpamperedchef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • jesusluvsu2005