1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Bookings Hi Everyone!! I have my very first show tonight and I tried making the

1. Hi Everyone!! I have my very first show tonight and I tried making the Chicken Club Filiing and putting it in the braid instead of the ring. My crescent rolls didn't stick together very well. I used the store brand, but maybe I should have used the Pillsbury brand? Also, do you cut the dough into strips, or just the sides to make the braid. I'm starting to get nervous about this...and thinking that maybe I should just do the ring, but I really wanted to do something impressive since it's my first show and alot of the people coming have been to several other shows with the ring dishes being made. I was also thinking of having 2 people from the audience try out my A/P/C/S . One using the APCS and the other using the quikcut paring knife. Hey, did I say that I'm starting to get nervous about the show??? There's 16 people RSVP'd!! Some words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated!!!

Jan 13, 2006
  2. Sk8Mom209

Sk8Mom209 Advanced Member Gold Member

Try

Try bushing the dough with a very small amount of water. Also be sure you are pressing the braided end together.

When I make the braid, I scoop the filling down the center, and then cut strips on each side of the filling and braid the strips together.

Hope this helps.

Jan 13, 2006
  3. rwesterpchef

rwesterpchef Advanced Member

Nervousness is normal. But the beauty of our business is that we are not culinary experts. We are normal moms and women that want easy, fun recipes for our family & friends. I personally prefer the Pillsbury brands over the store brand. Sometimes, they are easier to work with, and the size of the store brands vary. When I make the braids, I use the french dough so that I don't have to fight the seams on the cresent rolls. Also, make sure that your dough is chilled; it's easier to work with. I cut mine with either my kitchen shears or pizza cutter (whichever I grab first) before I put on my filling.
    I also recommend the green apples for your guests to try the APCS. They are more user friendly for the learners. It is definitely good to get the crowd involved. It reinforces how easy it is to use our tools. Sometimes they think we are culinary experts (boy, we got them fooled ;) )
    Enjoy your show!

Jan 13, 2006
  4. Sk8Mom209

Sk8Mom209 Advanced Member Gold Member

Great idea!

Rita,

Great idea using the french bread. It's like that saying "if it was a snake it would have bit me". Totally a common sense thing and I never would have thought of it!

CarrieAnn - I agree APCS is a great demo at all shows, but definitely use firm green apples, like granny smith. Also, I always demo the US&G in the summer I make lemonade with fresh lemons in the QuickStir Pitcher in the fall & winter I just slice a raw potato. I prefer the v shaped blade.

Good luck, relax and enjoy!

Jan 13, 2006
  5. kimmers

kimmers Member

1st show

I had a hard time with the braid at my first show too. My director/recruiter was there to give me support, and she ended up having to braid it for me. :eek:

We just kind of played it off, because everyone there was friends of mine and I just told them that it just proves what I had always said before I joined the PC, was that I'm not much of a cook. They all got a laugh out of it, and it defused my embarrasment.

Just take a deep breath and try not to over analize it. It will go smoother than you think it will. Just don't psych yourself out.

Good luck, and let us know how it went.

Kim

Jan 13, 2006
  6. Brandie

Brandie Member

APCS Tip

Another tip for the APCS is that you have to be careful about the size of the apples you use. I always caution my hosts not to buy the great big apples because the APCS will get stuck and appear to not work properly if the apple is too big. Medium-sized apples are the biggest that work well. ;)

Jan 13, 2006
Have something to add?