• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hi All,I Need Your Help About a Show I'm Having at the End of Oct.

In summary, the host is looking for recipes that are on a budget and that the people can make easily. She suggests dishes like apple tarts, bacon-wrapped dates, and breakfast-for-dinner.
fatchef
Hi all,

I need your help about a show I'm having at the end of Oct. The host is poor, and all her friends are too (they are students and have big families). I was thinking about a show which the theme would be cooking on a budget, and of course, I wouldn't try to sell them expensive items (they can barely make it at the end of the month.) What kind of recipes could I do? What kind of tips should I use? ANY IDEAS....

Thank you all, you guys rock, you are wonderful! I love this site, and the people that participate in it.

apple tarts...utilizes ( but all aren't necessary) the cut n seal, adjustable measuring spoons, smooth edge can opener, one of the prep bowls, the pastry brush OR kitchen spritzer, and the flour/sugar shaker.
the only ingredients are:
1 can apple pie filling (i like to use comstock lode brand in the blue/white can)
1 loaf of bread
melted butter
cinnamon/sugar mixture in the flour/sugar shaker

open the can of pie filling
make a circle with the cut n seal on one slice of bread. eaither throw away the crust or save it for bread pudding...that's what my mom does:)
using the adjustable measuring spoon, scoop a very little bit of apple into the circle
fold the circle in half and press with the cut n seal to seal it and make a pretty design
either use the kitchen spritzer to spray with butter or use the prep bowl to melt the butter and use the pastry brush to spread it on
use the flour/sugar shaker with cinnamon/sugar in it and sprinkle on top.
repeat for # of tarts wanted
place on almost any stone (maybe the small round due to the fact it is the cheapest or the lg. round to be more economical...by paying a little more, they will get more out of it)
bake for about 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden brown
the temperature can be just about any...I like to use this as a second recipe and just throw it in with the first recipe. you can also just pop them in the toaster oven!
As i said before, this can display a wide variety of products; however, they all don't have to be used...you can very easily use everyday kitchen items with the exception of the cut and seal...that's the only one i find neccessary.
good luck with your show and i hope everyone has fun and enjoys it...i hope this helps! :D

I don't know if you would want to try to do something ahead, but the velvety chocolate truffles only have 4 ingredients besides whatever toppings you want to roll them in and they are pretty cheap I did some for my table at the women's night out, and it shows the micro-cooker which is awesome in my opinion I use it all the time, even had a lady who bought her 5th one here recently, they are cheap and very useful, and the cutting board everyone needs and not too expensive, and the scoop, I suggest using the small over the medium like it says, and if they have kids it could come in handy quite often by making cookies or scoops into muffin tins, maybe silver dollar pancakes.....and one of the scrapers, which are also awesome since you can use them to cook with and don't have to worry about them warping or getting hard. I am in the same boat with quite a few of my shows.

speaking of microwaves...if you have the stoneware fluted pan....do one of the many microwave cakes listed on this site...i forgot all about it...it really only utilizes the stone and what every mixing stuff you want and with most of them being only 3 ingredients and quik...the girls are bound to love them!

I'm a huge fan of my microwave rice cooker. It makes cakes, mashed potatoes, corn bread and, of course, rice. When there's a lot of month left at the end of the money, we eat pinto beans & rice or red beans & rice. (Pampered Chef doesn't have a crock-pot in their product line, but I bet they would appreciate knowing that you can cook 3 cups of dried beans in 8 cups of water on high for 6 hours with 1/2 onion, chopped, a couple of cloves of pressed garlic and 2 T. oil. At the end of 5-6 hours, add 1.5 teaspoons of salt. These freeze great)

Another meal that's really cheap is breakfast-for-dinner. You could use the Ultimate Slice & Grate to shred potatoes for hash browns and then make the breakfast pizza out of the (now discontinued) Stoneware Sensations cookbook. Or the green chile fritatta from current Celebrations. Cook bacon on stoneware in the oven and serve with muffins, pancakes or waffles. (ooh, in one of the cookbooks, you can make cinnamon cobblestone muffins, which are basically individual sized monkey-breads.)

I'm not sure how well any of this would demo; I'm just throwing out my first couple of ideas. I think you'll gain a lot of credibility with your audience by showing that you're giving them ideas packed with value. And talk about a great recruiting opportunity!!

WendyAebi said:
I'm a huge fan of my microwave rice cooker. It makes cakes, mashed potatoes, corn bread and, of course, rice. When there's a lot of month left at the end of the money, we eat pinto beans & rice or red beans & rice. (Pampered Chef doesn't have a crock-pot in their product line, but I bet they would appreciate knowing that you can cook 3 cups of dried beans in 8 cups of water on high for 6 hours with 1/2 onion, chopped, a couple of cloves of pressed garlic and 2 T. oil. At the end of 5-6 hours, add 1.5 teaspoons of salt. These freeze great)

OK, I have to know the rest, it is driving me nutz, what are you cooking these beans in is it a crock pot, or are you talking about using something pampered chef???

I agree with Wendy. I've been in the same situation and when money is short you need versitle tools to work with. The micro rice cooker would be my #1 choice to show these people. You can cook meat, veggies, potatoes, rice, cake, pudding, brownies, soup, just about anything! I just did a show where funds were scarce and the micro rice cooker was my big seller. Good Luck!

Oops, sorry, Jen--I wasn't very clear on that, was I?? I cook beans in a crock-pot.

I'd go with something like the Touchdown Taco Dip, to be boring :) The reason I say this recipe is because college students usually like to get together, and this would be an easy, inexpensive recipe they can make for their friends and impress them! Plus, it can be made in the microwave! You can point out that you can make a small amount in the oval baker (for those on a budget), or feed everyone at your tailgate party by making it in the Deep Dish Baker.

Also, don't forget that this is a GREAT crowd to not only offer bookings (let them earn these products FREE!), but even more importantly, offer them the opportunity!! I started Pampered Chef so I could go back to college full time, and it is such a great job for these students. Ask how many of them are working retail or part time, and making $8 or less an hour. Those people who make $8/hr. and work 20 hours a week will bring home a paycheck of about $140 (maybe!). Let them know that they can work 4 hours at a Pampered Chef show, and make $100 in one night! They will appreciate knowing that there is an easier way to make money, that will give them more studying, and, let's be honest, more partying time :p

I wouldn't focus on the smaller priced products. They will find them! Talk about it all! You want them to WANT those products. Maybe they'll tell their parents they want a Gift Certificate for Christmas, maybe they will want to HOST THEIR OWN SHOW just to earn them, maybe they will want to BECOME A CONSULTANT to earn them for free! I definitely wouldn't skip over those items.

Also, offer them the Bridal Shower and Fundraiser ideas. Get them before they even get engaged, so it's sitting in the back of their mind for their big day! For the fundraiser ideas, there are lots of students in organizations that do fundraisers. If any of the girls are in a sorority, let them know that they can do a fundraiser for their philanthropy event! If there are 75 girls in the sorority, and each girl collects $100 in orders from their friends and family, that's a $7500 show! Go one step further and offer it to all the sororities, and whoever has the highest sales, you will donate your commission (or whatever you want) to their charity, and give them a trophy (if this happens, you'll have plenty of extra money for these 'extras')

Also, here's a Dorm Room Survival flyer that I think I found here??? Even if they don't live in the dorm anymore, there are some great ideas for every college student's kitchen!

Good luck, and have fun!

Attachments

• Dorm Room Survival.doc
    22.5 KB · Views: 505
You need to realize, these are not kid-students, they have families (spouse, kids) I need those wives whose husbands go to school buy what they would need. I do not want to take advantage of them- I was in their shoes once. So, they don't party like single students.

I would suggest the rice cooker (rice is relatively inexpensive, but filling), the large microcooker (to brown ground beef without babysitting it). Or I would suggest they buy only one stone...the rectangular baker or the bar pan. Both of those items are higher in price, but you can use them for so many things. For those with kids, maybe the Cut-N-Seal, Apple Wedger, or Ice Cream Dipper. I would also stress that they do NOT, nor should they, get everything they want at one show. The fun is to space it out...let everyone at the party have a change to be a hostess and earn free items.

Hope this helps,
Sandy

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding for assuming they were younger. I still feel that it is necessary to show them all of the products for the reasons I mentioned above.

Id really stress the quality of PC. If they need something or want to buy something, it will be something that will LAST! It wont be like a metal cookie sheet or cake pan they will most likely need to throw out in the near future. These are products that will last a long time. Also I'd talk about the things I use everyday (my micro cooker, measuring cups, etc.) and lead them to things that they will get their moneys worth. Good luck!

Thank you everybody. I will let you know how it went, but it's not until the end of Oct. :)

What do I need to do to prepare for my show?

To prepare for your show, you should first reach out to your guests and confirm their attendance. Then, make a list of the products you would like to showcase and ensure that you have all the necessary items for demonstrations. You should also clean and organize your kitchen and any other areas where you will be hosting the show.

How can I promote my show to get more guests?

There are a few ways you can promote your show to get more guests. You can send out personalized invitations to your friends, family, and acquaintances. You can also share the event on social media and ask your guests to invite their friends as well. Additionally, you can offer incentives for guests who bring a friend or who book their own show at your event.

What are the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef show?

Hosting a Pampered Chef show comes with many benefits. You will have the opportunity to earn free and discounted products, as well as exclusive host specials. You will also get to try out new recipes and learn helpful kitchen tips and tricks. Plus, it's a fun and social way to earn rewards and connect with friends and family.

What products will be featured at my show?

The products featured at your show will depend on your preferences and the theme of your event. However, our consultants are trained to showcase a wide range of products, from our top-selling kitchen tools to our delicious food mixes and sauces. If there are specific products you would like to see, don't hesitate to let your consultant know.

What can I expect from my Pampered Chef consultant during the show?

Your Pampered Chef consultant will arrive early to set up and prepare for the show. They will guide you and your guests through product demonstrations, offer cooking tips and recipe ideas, and help you and your guests place orders. They will also be available to answer any questions and provide support throughout the entire event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• LeighPC
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Jennifer golden
  • BlueMoon
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pamperedpnina
  • amgreen66