• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hey Janetupnorth ... About That Peanut Butter Cup Triffle ...

In summary, the best friend's husband's family had a tragedy at Thanksgiving, so she put on a Christmas program for the seniors at her church. It was a big success, but one of the attendees had an allergic reaction to peanut butter.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
Janet,

Thought you, of all people, would appreciate this story!

My best friend invited me to her church's "Christmas spectacular." It's a really nice program, held at a local senior apartment building. My friend's husband's family had a tragedy at Thanksgiving (it's so horrible that I haven't posted any details online) so this was a nice distraction.

I was asked to bring a desert, so I thought what could be easier than a peanut butter cup triffle? Plus it markets the products, which is always a bonus!

Well, the good news is that it was a big hit. Everyone commented on how nice it looked and how good it was. My friend's sister in law wanted the recipe and said she'd buy the triffle bowl if I gave her the recipe.

HOWEVER ... my friend's niece had an asthma attack shortly after she started eating desert. We looked at her plate ... and everything on her plate had peanut butter (in addition to the triffle, she had a peanut butter cookie and a "buckeye.") She said her throat was itching so we strongly suspect it was a mile allergic reaction to peanut butter, even though she's never reacted this way before. We ended up calling the squad and they gave her a treatment and sent her back to us, so I'm SURE it wasn't a life-threatening allergic reaction. Still a little scary all the same ...

(Oh, and earlier in the night, one of the apartment residents complained that somebody parked in his spot. Turns out it was ME! So I tried to sneak out quietly to move my car. A lady who lives in the complex chased after me demanding to know who complained! So so much for being inconspicuous! So I started trouble all night!)

You, you, troublemaker, you!I knew there was something about you I liked.

I'm not sure whether to laugh at this, or feel sorry about all the bad things. I guess it's a case of Praise and Pray!

Poor little thing. She obviously likes peanut butter.

Yep. She's doing better. I know she didn't go into anaphactic shock (which is what would have happened if my nephew had eaten the same) and she hasn't reacted this way before, so we're suspecting it's a mild allergy. (When she's at home and has an attack, she takes a treatment. So if she reacted that way before, they didn't know it.)Oh, and the pastor's wife said, "We want to thank the squad for the festive lights!"

1. What ingredients do I need to make the Peanut Butter Cup Triffle?

To make the Peanut Butter Cup Triffle, you will need 1 box of chocolate cake mix, 1 package of instant chocolate pudding mix, 1 cup of milk, 1 cup of creamy peanut butter, 1/2 cup of powdered sugar, 1 tub of whipped topping, and 8-10 peanut butter cups.

2. Can I use a different type of cake mix for the triffle?

Yes, you can use any type of cake mix you prefer for the triffle. However, the instructions are specifically written for a chocolate cake mix.

3. How long does it take to make the Peanut Butter Cup Triffle?

The total time for making the Peanut Butter Cup Triffle is about 30 minutes. This includes preparation and assembly time.

4. Can I make the triffle ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the Peanut Butter Cup Triffle ahead of time. It is recommended to assemble the triffle no more than 24 hours before serving to ensure freshness.

5. How many servings does the Peanut Butter Cup Triffle make?

The Peanut Butter Cup Triffle can make 8-10 servings, depending on the size of the servings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
princessmeshelle
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Shawnna
  • GourmetGirl