• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Here's a Reason to Buy Pampered Chef Cookware

In summary,The author is having a lot of trouble with her cookware. She bought a set of pans at JcPenney and they have been peeling and chipping. She also bought a Kitchenaid skillet and it is doing the same thing. She thinks it might be a quality issue with the cookware, not the utensils she is using.
pchefinski
Being super broke, I managed to scrape up $60 to buy a set of pans at JcPenney (retailed at $180, but they had a sale & rebate) because I needed them something terrible. I bought a nonstick set by Philippe Richard. Now I knew they were not top of the line products with a lifetime guarantee on them or anything, but I figured JcPenney would carry good quality items so I figured I'd get a few years out of them at least. (I got 4 years out of a set bought at BonTon before they were lost, and they were in great condition.) NEVER - NEVER - buy products from this manufacturer. I've had them for 3 months and the nonstick coating is peeling from the edges, and chipping from the bottoms and sides. That nonstick spray on coating is toxic and has been disappearing into our food. I NEVER use metal utensils in my pans (and DH doesn't cook) so that didn't do it. I washed them by hand too. So I stick them into a box and trek up to JcPenney yesterday with my husband to return them. The manager of the returns department refused to return them and gave me an address for the company to write to them and deal directly with the company. So now, I'm a sitting duck waiting for a reply about some cookware that frankly I don't want replaced. Who wants crappy cookware replaced by more crappy cookware? This stuff goes into my family's food - that's VILE. I've had a couple nonstick pans before and they were good quality. I want my money back, but I don't have my receipt (I had to send it in for the rebate and like a fool, didn't make a copy of it) so it's my word of how much I paid for it, etc. I'm really angry about this - I don't understand why JcPenney didn't exchange it for the exact item (which they have in stock) and just send the damaged items back. The company would have reimbursed them for it (at least that's how it all worked at Walmart when I worked there, so I'm thinking it works the same way at JcPenney). But instead I'm left with making dinner with one small saute pan and a tiny sauce pot. Good thing I have a George Foreman. And I went online last night to find a website/email address or phone number to call the company instead of doing it through snail mail, and instead found a mass amount of complaints about this piece of crap company that sells piece of crap products and has an equivalent level of customer service (apparantly I was one of a million who actually received the rebate check). I'm not looking forward to dealing with this entire thing. My husband is just as mad, if not more mad, than I am. What an ordeal.

I'm having a catalog show in October, and am going to try to do well enough to get some free cookware; we have no expendable money that I can use for PC cookware. It is too expensive for us right now, even though it is a super wise investment -- definitely the only way I could ever get it all is if I held some massive shows and earned it with FPV.

How about earning it free though Pan O Rama? You can use your experience to tell the guests at shows this expensive and time consuming lesson. Then you can sell the cookware and get your own free!

Also did you think about a mystery host show and that way you can give someone the host special and get more pan-o-rama points. Plus if it is a big enough show you can use the FPV in order to get some more cookware. That way you have it to use plus you get the pan-o-rama points from that as well.

I'm waiting to end my consultant contract and then re-signing in February under a new director. So I'm not selling right now. I'm going to try to have a show though.

I have a Kitchenaid skillet that my MIL got me for Christmas last year that is doing the same thing. I use the same utensils in it that I use in my Executive 12" skillet. So, I know it is not from what I use in it. I also hand wash - sooooo, that being said - Kitchenaid is not as good quality product as I had once thought. Just thought I would share my experience too.

pchefinski said:
I'm waiting to end my consultant contract and then re-signing in February under a new director. So I'm not selling right now. I'm going to try to have a show though.

I guess I am confused by this statement. You are going to lose your career sales. Can't you go to the other one as a hospitality director??

Amanda,
I would BRING those oans to your demos to show people in person the difference between ours and theirs!

pchefinski said:
That nonstick spray on coating is toxic and has been disappearing into our food.

All non-stick cookware coatings are NON-TOXIC so you don't have to worry about it. It's just not great to have it in your food but it won't make you sick or kill you or your family. It's more of an inconvenience that a health hazard. I had t-fal for a long time and the same thing happened to me... my nonstick came off in my mashed potatoes. I was terrified and then found out about the non-stick being non-toxic. Please don't panic and/or cause others too either.

You'll love PC's cookware... just add to your collection a little a time until you have everything.

I love my new PC cookware!! I made mashed potatoes the other night, and of course they boiled over....and my boyfriend did the dishes and I made the comment "Oh, I can't wait to see how easy they clean up!" and he said "Well the non-stick is only on the inside..." ....and I said nope! ....he was surprised! and boy, they did clean up easy, impressed both of us! ;)

Oh my gosh, Amanda, I am so sorry for your ordeal....but can I use your Quote as a testimonial for our Cookware? It's incredibly enlightening!

As for earning our cookware, I am sure that you will have many opportunities after you re-sign to earn PC Dollars and can certainly use them for that. I was lucky enought to have earned the Stainless 12" Family Skillet and lid and the 5 piece set so far. I look forward to earning much more by the deadline -- my whole family wants it for Christmas!!

Good luck with your new Director, she (or he?) will be lucky to have you!

Janice

I can't wait for my show tonight! My host is getting cookware 60% off and my past host I think is getting a set! If both do it, I will be able to redeem my points to get the SS 12" and Exec Stir-Fry!!!!! I'm so excited!!!!!

Wow Amanda! Thats terrible but I guess thats why they call all pans without a lifetime warranty..."disposable" because every couple of years you have to throw them out and buy new ones!

Amanda- I would write a letter to JC Penney's too. That is ridiculous that they wouldn't take them back to at least replace them. Especially since they were so cheap. That could at least get you through to save a little bit of money so you can buy some some when you have your own show.

Sorry to hear about the bad cookware. I hope you have a great party and get a lot of free stuff! Just remember it's all about the numbers invite everyone who eats.

1. What makes Pampered Chef cookware different from other brands?

At Pampered Chef, we pride ourselves on using high-quality materials and innovative design to create cookware that is both durable and efficient. Our products are also backed by a lifetime guarantee, ensuring that you can trust in the quality of our cookware.

2. How does Pampered Chef cookware make cooking easier?

Our cookware is designed with features such as non-stick surfaces, easy-grip handles, and even heat distribution to make cooking a breeze. We also offer a variety of specialized pots and pans for different cooking techniques, making it easier to create a wide range of dishes.

3. Are Pampered Chef products safe to use?

Absolutely! We prioritize safety in all of our products, using materials that are free from harmful chemicals like PFOA and PTFE. Our cookware is also tested and certified to meet strict safety standards.

4. Can Pampered Chef cookware be used on all types of stovetops?

Most of our cookware is compatible with all stovetop types, including gas, electric, and induction. However, we recommend checking the product specifications to ensure it is suitable for your specific stovetop.

5. How do I clean and care for my Pampered Chef cookware?

To keep your cookware in top condition, we recommend hand washing with warm, soapy water and avoiding harsh scrubbers or cleaners. Our non-stick cookware can also be cleaned with a soft sponge. For specific care instructions, refer to the product manual or our website.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lt1jane
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • tinachef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
mpkegley
  • Bren706