• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Surprising Job Offer After Placing Ad in Community Bulletin

In summary, a man contacted the woman claiming to be a Pampered Chef representative, but was trying to get her to sign up for a Mary Kay business. The woman received calls from other publications also trying to get her to advertise with them.
Happy Mom
I placed an ad approved by PC in a local community bulletin. I hadn't gotten a response until today.

The man started out by saying that he got my name from my friend so and so. Of course, I do NOT know this woman.

I asked if he would like to book a show? No! He wanted to offer me a job selling insurance with a company known for shady business practices. I know he got my name from this booklet.

What a jerk. I hope you told him where he could stick his offer.

I received a call from someone trying to recruit me for some other type of business after having an ad in the paper. That's bound to happen because these people scan ads for this exact reason. Oh well, obviously it's no skin off your back. The guy who called me about something said (and we've been told sometimes to offer this to a potential recruit) "Oh can I check back with you in six months to see if your situation has changed and you might be interested at that time?" Just be sure to be assertive and stand your ground. Don't leave them ANY room for assuming you want them to check back with you.

A different twistI had a booth at a local fair and had a guy approach me pretending to check out the products. After asking me a couple questions about the Pampered Chef business (I thought he might be a potential recruit!), he told me how much better Mary Kay is (better commission rates, products get used up, so customers have to keep coming back, etc). He tried SOOO hard to get me to sign up with him! I guess it happens! :rolleyes:

Yeah me tooI had a add in the local paper and i got phone calls from others trying to recruit me for all sorts of things ! Also got calls from other publications trying to get me to advertise with them as well. That was all i got out of the advertsing !

Do any of you make cold calls for new business contacts or recruits? If yes, maybe we're looking at the wrong place. They must get some people recruited by calling other ads in the paper. Or you would think it was a waste of their time.

I wonder if we could recruit people to PC by doing that. Just a thought. :confused:
I don't think I'm ready for cold calling just yet though.

cat said:
I had a booth at a local fair and had a guy approach me pretending to check out the products. After asking me a couple questions about the Pampered Chef business (I thought he might be a potential recruit!), he told me how much better Mary Kay is (better commission rates, products get used up, so customers have to keep coming back, etc). He tried SOOO hard to get me to sign up with him! I guess it happens! :rolleyes:

I had this happen to me too! I was chatting online in a WAHM chatroom, and I mentioned that I sold cookware and kitchengoods.. well, everyone guessed it was PC and they all started chattering about it. A woman private msged me and started asking my commission rate, and so on--all stuff that sounded like she was interested in joining! I ask her if I can send her a catalog and she says sure.. I'd love to look at it.. on one condition ------ I buy from her (she was a Mary Kay consultant).. she tried to lay on the guilt that I was wasting money on cookware when i should have been taking care of my skin.. blah blah.. lol..

1. What type of job is being offered in the community bulletin ad?

The job being offered is for a sales consultant position at Pampered Chef.

2. What qualifications are required for this job?

The qualifications for this job include strong communication skills, experience in sales or customer service, and a passion for cooking and kitchen products.

3. Is this a full-time or part-time position?

This is a part-time position, with the opportunity to work towards a full-time role.

4. What are the benefits of working for Pampered Chef?

Some benefits of working for Pampered Chef include flexible hours, competitive pay, and the opportunity to earn bonuses and rewards. You will also have the opportunity to work with high-quality kitchen products and build relationships with customers.

5. How can I apply for this job?

To apply for this job, please send your resume and a brief cover letter to the contact information listed in the community bulletin ad. Our team will review your application and reach out to schedule an interview if you meet the qualifications.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jbachen
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • byrd1956
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • thechefofnorthbend