• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do I Plan an Ice Cream Social?

In summary, Linda put together a great flyer and suggests that you set up stations for the guests to get involved. She suggests using the ice cream sandwich maker, the small prep bowls, and the Easy Accent Decorator. Linda also suggests bringing a banana yourself and playing the Dress Your Banana game.
COOKINWITHSHERRI
Gold Member
Can any of you post how you go about doing an Ice Cream Social? I've seen great flyers and I want to do one in August. I understand that you put out do-it-your-self stations. I'm just unsure on how to work in everything else. (Games, products, host etc....)

Thanks!

You could demo chopping nuts with the food chopper, slice bananas with the egg slicer, warm chocolate in the micro cooker, let them eat out of the SA small bowls (or in my case the large one. ha ha), use the ice cream sandwich maker, crush heath or butterfinger bars up with the meat tenderizer, but cool whip in the Easy Accent Decorator for them to squirt on and of course use the ice cream scoop!! You could maybe make brownies in either the mini fluted stone or the small prep bowls and let them top with ice cream and other goodies. I'm sure there are some other things I'm not thinking of right now. I'll post again if something pops into my head.

You could use the mini prep bowls for individual sundaes.

I am doing a show for my s-i-l and niece in August. It is going to be a "Mother-daughter dress your Banana Ice cream Social" My niece is 12, and just starting to get into cooking, and so we are going to do this as a hands-on show, but I am also going to demo the Bananas Foster Stir-fry with the girl's help. It should be a lot of fun.

That sounds like a fun show to do! Especially when it is so hot outside (we are pushing 70 in alaska! heat wave!)

Too Much Fun!!!
mrssyvo said:
I am doing a show for my s-i-l and niece in August. It is going to be a "Mother-daughter dress your Banana Ice cream Social" My niece is 12, and just starting to get into cooking, and so we are going to do this as a hands-on show, but I am also going to demo the Bananas Foster Stir-fry with the girl's help. It should be a lot of fun.

I've done two Dress Your Banana parties this month and they are a lot of fun! The first one had creative people and I had some very impressive bananas, the second one was fun, but not as creative. I pretty much had everything ready before the show and did not officially demo anything.

I toasted the nuts in the small bar pan, heated the hot fudge topping the the microcooker, toasted the coconut in the ex-saute pan, served the cold toppings in my rectangle chillzane, served other toppings in either prep bowls or SA small bowls. I also made the Banans Foster StirFry (so so so so GOOD!!! I used real rum - not extract.....but for girls - maybe not....oops!) Everyone wound up using the bananas foster as the base for their sundae and piles all the other toppings on it. I also had cookies for anyone who wanted to try out the ice cream sandwich maker.

Please be sure that you have extra banans on hand, I found that no-one wanted to Un-Dress their Banana....they were just too darn cute! My host took some photos, but I don't have them yet. I'll post when I get them.

If I think of anything else, I'll post here as well.

Linda, Great ideas. I think I will set up stations, for the girls to get involved, instead of doing the prep. I would like to see the pictures when you get them - It will help to give some ideas.

This should get you startedHere's a few attachments to get you started. Also, don't forget to bring a banana yourself.....mine was wearing a blue Pampered Chef apron! I tried to use some of my son's Mr Potato Head pieces, but they wouldn't stay in the banana....I don't recommend using them.

For the Dress Your Banana game, you can change this one up anyway you want to for what will go well with your guests. (the original file that I found had a few items I didn't like so I deleted them and added a few of my own) I also gave everyone a piece of paper and let them vote for their favorite banana (they were not allowed to vote on their own banana). I gave door prizes to the winners and I also gave everyone that brought a banana a twixit clip. I didn't play the attached game labeled as Banana Game, I'm just attaching it for you in case you want to use it.

Also, heres' the invite flyer I made for my hosts. We emailed most of them and she handed out & snail-mailed a few others. Here are some 'fun facts' too. You can find more on the web - just type banana facts into your browser....bananas do have some fascintaing facts about them!

Lots of luck to you! I'll be sure and post photos when I get them.

Linda

Attachments

• Banana Invite.doc
    29.5 KB · Views: 379
  • banana facts.doc
    27.5 KB · Views: 359
  • Banana Game.doc
    20 KB · Views: 370
  • dress your banana.doc
    21.5 KB · Views: 346
Thank you all for your great ideas. I think I'm on the right track now.
Could you send me the Bananas Foster Stir-fry instructions? That sounds yummy. Thanks a bunch gals!

Here's the recipeHi Sherri,

I've seen this recipe use butterscotch topping instead of caramel too....I like the caramel best though. Also, instead of garnishing with the lemon zest I add it to the mixture - at the end....mainly because I kept forgetting to use it as a garnish! I used the citrus press instead of the juicer and real rum instead of extract. You could leave it out completely or even use vanilla extract if you wanted too though. I also use the Pampered Chef Cinnamon Plus instead of the cinnamon.

Enjoy....I KNOW YOU WILL LOVE THIS!!!!

Linda

Attachments

• Bananas Foster Stir.doc
    26 KB · Views: 348
All of the above and use the V-Shaped Cutter to drizzle the melted chocolate on the ice=cream. Works great!

Cindycooks said:
All of the above and use the V-Shaped Cutter to drizzle the melted chocolate on the ice=cream. Works great!

Oh - I did that too! It works very well and the guests were impressed that you could actually do that!

I sell so many v-shaped cutters from drizzling chocolate over the profiterole puffs!

Great idea!

1. What kind of ice cream should I serve at my social?

There are so many delicious flavors of ice cream to choose from! For a classic option, vanilla and chocolate are always crowd pleasers. If you want to mix it up, consider serving a seasonal flavor like pumpkin or peppermint. You can also offer a variety of flavors and let guests create their own sundaes.

2. How much ice cream do I need for my social?

The amount of ice cream you need will depend on the number of guests attending your social. A good rule of thumb is to plan for about 1/2 cup of ice cream per person. If you are serving other desserts or have a large group, you may want to increase that amount.

3. What toppings should I have for my ice cream social?

The toppings you offer can make or break your ice cream social! Some popular options include hot fudge, caramel sauce, sprinkles, nuts, whipped cream, and cherries. You can also get creative and offer unique toppings like crushed cookies, fresh fruit, or even bacon bits.

4. Can I make homemade ice cream for my social?

Yes, you can definitely make homemade ice cream for your social! It can be a fun and unique addition to your event. Just be sure to plan ahead and give yourself enough time to make the ice cream before the social. You can also ask guests to bring their own homemade ice cream to share.

5. How can I keep the ice cream from melting at my social?

Melting ice cream can be a common issue at outdoor events. To keep your ice cream from melting too quickly, make sure to keep it in a shaded area and have plenty of ice or ice packs on hand. You can also consider using insulated ice cream containers or serving the ice cream in individual cups or cones to prevent it from melting too quickly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Debbieskk
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • Debbieskk
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies